• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Ayres Inn Orange - Thoughts?

My partner and I just booked a 4-night stay at Ayres Inn Orange via Priceline.com for our upcoming trip to Disneyland in mid-July. We got a great rate for the hotel! I've read it's about a 3-4 stars hotel. Has anybody ever stayed at this property? If so, what are your thoughts? Positives? Negatives? Thanks!

- Joe -

Re: Ayres Inn Orange - Thoughts?

We stayed there for one night last summer (prior to our Disneyland Hotel reservation). The room we stayed in overlooked the small pool/hot tub area. The room was clean and in good condition. The lobby was fine for a 3 star hotel and all the employees were very pleasant and helpful. The free shuttle bus to Disneyland was on time. Overall a pleasant experience. For the Priceline price, quality and free shuttle, it's a great hotel!

Thank you SO MUCH for your feedback, GoToDisneyland! Now I'm even more excited to stay at the hotel! It's also great to know there's a free shuttle to Disneyland! I read somewhere that guests had to pay for it, but it's so awesome to know that isn't the case.

Thanks again!

My pleasure! As far as the shuttle, last summer is was free, so I don't know if they now charge. Last year they did not offer a free breakfast, so maybe they're charging for the shuttle (which I'm sure is minimal - but worth it) and offering a free breakfast!

• Under that tree again!

I've stayed at the Anaheim Ayres, which was very nice. Using ART was not pleasant it took a long time, but getting that location for $55 from pricline was A OK with me. Ayres is a small chain so I'd expect the one in orange to also have the free hot breakfast.

Months ago I stayed at the Hilton Suites and ART stopped at the Ayres Orange. So I'd count on using it $4 per day, discounted to $10 for 3 days and $16 for 5days. The childrens prices are much cheaper I think only a few dollars.

If the hotel swapped one freebie for another, I'm totally fine with that. We'll have a rental car and a premium season pass, so the parking and getting to the park won't be a huge deal until our last day when we'll be turning in the rental car. So, it's nice to know there is at least a shuttle service and we won't have to rely on a taxi to get us back to our "home".

In regards to the rooms, we're planning on staying at the parks pretty much from opening to closing, so we won't need a high-end suite or anything. I do hope, though, that we luck out and get a high floor angled towards Disneyland. Even if all I can see is the tip of Matterhorn Bobsleds, I'll be fine with that.

Take care!

Sorry, I didn't realize there are two Ayres Inns so close to each other. My review below is for the Ayres Inn, Anaheim, not the Orange location. But I think they should be similar.

We stayed there overnight about 4 weeks ago. We got a great last minute deal via the Hotel Tonight mobile app. It was a Saturday night stay for $65 complete, including taxes (booked that very day on my smart phone in Disneyland). It is located a little ways down Katella, just past the 57 freeway (right across the street from the Honda Center). The staff was very friendly, the room was very nice, and after a long day at the parks the bed was heavenly! They also served a complimentary continental style breakfast in the lobby. We were in a hurry that morning to meet friends for rope drop, so we really didn't get to sample much of the breakfast. But I was surprised that they had a little short-order grill staffed by someone cooking (I think they were making omlets and/or pancakes, etc). I have seen numerous free breakfasts at many hotels, but none with a grill like this.

The location is too far down Katella to get a view of the park (unless maybe from the upper floors). But you could probably see some of the fireworks from there. (but why not just enjoy them from the parks instead?)

I highly recommend the hotel and would anxiously stay there again. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by LoonAZ; 05-24-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Updated info

Thank you "swampymarsh" and "LoonAZ"!