Thread: Best on Harbor?

Best on Harbor?

We will be bringing my 80 year old Mom along for our next visit in October. Since she will be in either her wheelchair or an electric scooter, we want to stay across from DLR in one of the close hotels on Harbor. All the transferring to and from the car seems to be a real pain. It makes more sense to just leave the room and walk.

I prefer to avoid resort fees and like a place that provides a decent breakfast.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on E. Katella last time and thought it was great. Clean, quiet (on the non-freeway side) and didn't have to worry about enough parking. The breakfast included eggs and sausage and you could make your own waffles. A lot of hotels provide juice, cereal, donuts and such. None of which I eat.

So what's your favorite Harbor Blvd hotel? Are any more affordable than others? I've done a little research and the average seems to be $125 per night before taxes.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Embrace the kitsch!

Re: Best on Harbor?

Two of MC's three partner hotels are on Harbor: the Howard Johnson and the Carousel. Check the stickies at the top of the hotel forum page for further details.
    Last edited by Broadway Guru; 06-07-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Howard Johnson

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

descent rates, close to the park, food is pretty good and comfortable beds

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

HoJo does not have any free breakfast
    Carousel does have breakfast but I have no idea what its like since I haven't stayed there before

Another hotel I can think of is Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites - they have a free breakfast and are right across the street from the entrance to DL. I have heard the breakfast has recently been upgraded but I don’t know what upgraded means! When we stayed there a couple of years ago the breakfast was very simple.
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dec2009Mama View Post
    HoJo does not have any free breakfast
    Carousel does have breakfast but I have no idea what its like since I haven't stayed there before
    Carousel's breakfast is pretty substantial: the usual bagels, toast, milk, etc. Anyway, it's bigger than the so-called "continental" breakfast you so often get, which usually consists of juice and a cellophane wrapped pastry. The Carousel breakfast is served in a penthouse w/ a view of DL.

You could also try the Candy Cane Inn, but they're in the $125/night range, which you implied you were trying to stay under.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

No love for the Park Vue Inn?

I have a reservation for there for October.

•   
    • Minion

I always stay at the Ramada main gate on harbor they have a pretty good breakfast and have remodeled most of their rooms in the past couple years. The HOJO is great also but no breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I always stay at the Ramada main gate on harbor they have a pretty good breakfast and have remodeled most of their rooms in the past couple years. The HOJO is great also but no breakfast.
    We're leaning toward the Ramada at the moment because I think I'll get the best rate so far. Its easy to stay under $100 farther away. I'm sure location adds a few $$$, which I am fine with. Simply crossing the street to the parks is a big plus.

Is the Ramada fairly quiet?

We were so spoiled at the Comfort Inn. Never heard a thing. They must have great insulation.

Thought about Park Vue too, AZWldcats. Did you get a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Thought about Park Vue too, AZWldcats. Did you get a good deal?
    Not really great. $12x a night. Don't remember exact price.
    But with the location, Morning Breakfast, Free water and Evening meals it seems well worth it.

• i believe in faeries.

we're staying at the ramada maingate in september... i'm going with my 62 yr old mom and 4 year old daughter, so close is a must for us as well. i have always stayed a little further away (i don't mind walking to save $$!) but my mom and daughter might say otherwise on the walking topic. Mom had stayed previously at R at loved the location (literally across the street from the entrance) and at time of booking, it was really the only hotel we considered. Also, it does come with breakfast, another non-negotiable for us! i believe it was in the ballpark of $100 a night thru expedia.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    we're staying at the ramada maingate in september... i'm going with my 62 yr old mom and 4 year old daughter, so close is a must for us as well. i have always stayed a little further away (i don't mind walking to save $$!) but my mom and daughter might say otherwise on the walking topic. Mom had stayed previously at R at loved the location (literally across the street from the entrance) and at time of booking, it was really the only hotel we considered. Also, it does come with breakfast, another non-negotiable for us! i believe it was in the ballpark of $100 a night thru expedia.com.
    Thanks Avaren,

I think we'll book with Ramada too. I'm hoping we can get a ground floor, which I will discuss with them when I reserve.
    I know some buildings have 4 floors which means they have elevators just in case we don't get a bottom floor?

I'm also hoping its fairly quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Thanks Avaren,

I think we'll book with Ramada too. I'm hoping we can get a ground floor, which I will discuss with them when I reserve.
    I know some buildings have 4 floors which means they have elevators just in case we don't get a bottom floor?

I'm also hoping its fairly quiet.
    The Ramada has elevators and it was fairly quiet when I stayed back in April. There is free wi-fi and free parking too. The breakfast isn't that great but there's a fridge and microwave in every room so I brought yogurt and bagels/cream cheese from home.

Quote Originally Posted by pitter_patter View Post
    The Ramada has elevators and it was fairly quiet when I stayed back in April. There is free wi-fi and free parking too. The breakfast isn't that great but there's a fridge and microwave in every room so I brought yogurt and bagels/cream cheese from home.
    Thanks pitter patter! Looks like Ramada, for sure.