We are heading to the resort the last week in September-- 4 full days. I would have selected HoJo, but it's booked. Second choice would be DLH or Paradise Pier. But both are showing 325 a night-- about 125 to 150 more than I would spend for this splurge. Now, my brain is numb looking for that perfect hotel for our needs. Here's what we're looking for:
- walking distance if possible. we'll be heading back to the hotel daily for naps (4 kids [8 yrs to 20 months], 4 adults and 2 seniors in the group.)
- a place that is a tad more than just for crashing. Feel like at that time of year and for those many days, we can afford some time to rest. If it could be Hampton Inn quality, we'd be thrilled.
- a decent pool if possible.
At this point, we're juggling the following:
- Ramada Maingate- 135
- Best Western Anaheim Inn- 107
- Anaheim Fairfield Inn- 139
- Anabella....maybe- 95
- still haven't ruled out the Hilton properties in Garden Grove...down harbour....but they charge for the shuttle.
Any advice on these or others we should consider? I've done searches here for the above hotels. Just wondering how they stack up based on this criteria. Not going to have a car, so parking doesn't matter.
Also, anybody know if the Disney properties charge the same "resort fees" and taxes as those across the street? I guess I'm holding out hope that the DLR hotels will suddenly look more viable, but not counting on it!