Looking for Seasoned Disneyland Vets for Hotel Help

Hey guys,

Taking a trip to Anaheim for the first time. Going from October 10-16 of this year. I am looking for a decent hotel within walking distance to Disneyland with free parking. I would like to spend around $70. Any help would be much appreciated!

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 07:57 AM ----------

I have been looking at Quality Inn at the Park or Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort. Anyone have any experience with those?

• Embrace the kitsch!

Re: Looking for Seasoned Disneyland Vets for Hotel Help

Well, there are three different hotels in the area that bill themselves as the "Quality Inn." If you're talking about the one on Manchester, I wouldn't.

Have a look at the America's Best Value Inn on Katella. It's about the same distance to the park as the Quality on Manchester, but better kept up.

Americas Best Value Inn | Affordable Hotel @ 425 West Katella Avenue in Anaheim CA
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

There is a Quality Inn on Katella too that I was leaning towards...

anaheim plaza

We have had passes for several years and have stayed at several places near disneyland. We keep going back to anaheim plaza. For the $ it is a great deal. Walking distance and many of the rooms have patios, the pool is large, service is friendly. Its not super fancy but it is comfortable, affordable, and close enough to walk. They do charge $5 for parking but allow you to park before checkin and after checkout.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I stay at the Quality Inn on Manchester 99% of the time I'm in Anaheim. I've never had any problems. In fact, I've stayed there so much they recognize me when I go!

It does have small rooms... really small rooms, but I travel alone so thats no big deal for me. It IS close to the freeway so you will get noise from that. Then again, I'm also hard of hearing so that doesn't bother me either. The waffles are a plus with the breakfast. Having breakfast at the motel in the morning saves me at least $10 a day. I always factor that into the price of the places I look at. I think parking there is currently around $3 a day. (I'm a facebook friend so I get free parking there.)

Here's a thread where I posted some pictures.
    Quality Inn on Manchester

I have also stayed at the Anaheim Plaza on Harbor. Never had any problems there either. Its older and its nothing fancy but the rooms I stayed in were always clean and they are a good size and comfortable.

I don't think any of the motels within walking distance have free parking anymore, but the price can vary from $3 a day up to $12 or more a day. And most of the resort area hotels have raised their prices. I've been looking at rooms the end of September to the first part of December and finding something close in that $70 thats not a flea bag hotel is a challenge.

I've seen bad reviews of the Eden Roc (almost stayed there years ago, thankfully they were having water issues and sent us to another motel), The Alamo (on Katella) and the Little Boy Blue. I've never actually stayed in any of them myself but they generally don't get high marks.

I usually use Kayak to look for places. You can filter the results by distance, price, amenities etc. Just pay attention to the Trip Advisor reviews. No place gets a 100% positive rating all the time, but if there are more bad reviews than good you might want to give that place a pass.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I think I may go with the Quality Inn on Manchester.

quality inn

I have stayed at the quality inn also... it is walking distance to the park but i found the rooms to be very very small. I found the pool small as well which can be a problem when its very hot.

Re: anaheim plaza

Quote Originally Posted by talrodriguez2 View Post
    We have had passes for several years and have stayed at several places near disneyland. We keep going back to anaheim plaza. For the $ it is a great deal. Walking distance and many of the rooms have patios, the pool is large, service is friendly. Its not super fancy but it is comfortable, affordable, and close enough to walk. They do charge $5 for parking but allow you to park before checkin and after checkout.
    Ditto.

Just looked at the Anaheim Plaza.. Looks good... So it is between the Quality Inn on Manchester and the Anaheim Plaza.

Does the Anaheim plaza have Refrigerators in the rooms?
    Last edited by abooch; 08-14-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abooch View Post
    Just looked at the Anaheim Plaza.. Looks good... So it is between the Quality Inn on Manchester and the Anaheim Plaza.

Does the Anaheim plaza have Refrigerators in the rooms?
    Yes they sure do.

Yes they do make sure to request a patio and also a microwave for the room if you need one sometimes they run out. All rooms have fridge

We are going October 14-16 and staying at the Anaheim Plaza! I have not been to that particular hotel myself but my sister has and we're traveling with her. Maybe we will see you there!

Yea Anaheim Plaza is booked 10-16.. Maybe see you there.. I'll be the 25 year old with New York Sports attire/hats on.. lol.. I'm hoping there is a NHL season so I can go to the LA Kings vs. New York Rangers on October 12th..