Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Looking for nicer hotel that's quiet and close...any suggestions?

Across the street from Anabella is the Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn which we are booked for our trip to DLR in November. I have never stayed there but have read tons and tons of reviews on this property. It has been recently renovated and upgraded, too. Just another suggestion for you to consider.

You can also walk to Toy Story Parking from the Hilton, The Disney Shuttle is more than happy to take you to the park. (Basically it's a block of a walk).

The Hilton is decent, it's typical Hilton... all business, but clean and lots of services. I've been getting it lately cheap from Last Minute Travel (key to finding it as a "Hidden" hotel deal is to look at the pictures, the one with the starbucks... ding!)

Whenever we stay off property, its always the Candy Cane Inn. Have stayed at Sheraton Anaheim too, it has a shuttle, but still prefer Candy Cane. We've been staying there more years than I remember and I still like it.

We have stayed at the Shearton Park before and are staying there in February. It is a nice quiet hotel. It is a bit of a walk (15 min.) but the ART stops right at the hotel so it makes it perfect. They have several resturants & bars inhouse.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Just stayed at the Candy Cane and it was a great hotel for saving your legs. The hotel shuttle was great! It makes two trips every hour so you have a good chance of getting onboard and isnt time consuming. The hotel isnt that far either so walking isnt too bad. The Hilton is great too. Super comfy beds and Starbucks in the lobby. Never took the ART but we walked to the Toy Story lot and took the free shuttle from there. A lot more time consuming though. I think costco.com has a great deal with 4th night free, $20 disney gift card and 2 Character brekfasts. Great Deal

• Avid MC reader since 2005

The Hilton is nice but it is a bit of a pain to have to walk to and from Toy Story. We did like that it had a food court and Starbucks and a very nice rooftop pool area..

Our favorite nicer yet affordable place to stay is the Doubletree on City Drive. It has a free shuttle that isn't shared with other hotels and it is a short ride to the park. The staff is extra friendly, too.

I really like the Hyatt but they are very expensive.

I wonder which hotel the OP chose.

Getawaytoday is great! i have booked several vacations over the years with them and have never had an issue!
    A very nice place to stay that i have not seen mentioned is the Hotel Menage! I have stayed there the past 3 times now and they have given me a great deal everytime. I walk to the park from there but its a little further than the HO JO. But the ART does stop at this hotel.
    If anyone is interested, PM me and i will give you a contact at the hotel for a discount.
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

I second the Camelot inn. It was a 7 minute walk from the gates, even at night with sore feet. The rooms were basic, but clean and had plenty of towels, pillows, and higher quality soaps and shampoos. I didn't have the continental breakfast, but they do have one.

Unfortunately, as with most hotels within walking distance, they have exterior corridors so staying farther back means a quieter room, but also more walking. Not sure you can get away from the kids though - all hotels, from economy to upscale, have a lot of families staying there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12