Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you like the Anaheim Plaza Inn....

which building do you prefer.....and why?

I've tried to find some kind of map of the grounds, but there doesn't seem to be one. Aren't there like 7 buildings?
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: If you like the Anaheim Plaza Inn....

Oh, I want to know the same thing! We are going for Thanksgiving and the grounds are huge. The back building is literally next door to the garden walk. I think it is only a short walk from the front of the hotel. From that back end, not so much.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Oh, I want to know the same thing! We are going for Thanksgiving and the grounds are huge. The back building is literally next door to the garden walk. I think it is only a short walk from the front of the hotel. From that back end, not so much.
    I emailed the API but haven't heard anything yet. I'll call them tomorrow and post what I find out.

• Under that tree again!

I like the front two building that are perpendicular to eachother. If you look at the large lawn it's nicer than looking across at other rooms. You can also see a little into DCA and ToT looks nice at night.

OP, when will you be going? I'll be there next week and I've never been before, so I can comment then.

• I'm in it for the fun! :)

I am here at the Anaheim Plaza right now . . I am in the "500" building. My room faces the park . . and I have a great view of the Tower of Terror and the Matterhorn. And though I don't think there have been any since I have been here . . it looks like a good view of fireworks.

You might have a good view from the 700 bldg too . . but only in some of the units.

From my understanding they are also updating the beds in some of the buildings. The older bedding was a bit "firm" and the new ones (my room seems to have the new mattress . . is comfortable. But I don't recall which rooms have been updated.

I've stayed at the The Anaheim Plaza countless times over the years, its one of my go to hotels for DL trips.

The grounds are really not as huge as it might seem by the number of buildings there are. Its all quite managable, and every building is fairly close to the lobby/front of the hotel..

Some of the buildings provide quick access to the crosswalk that used to be the main DL entrance, by just cutting through the hotel parking lot.

I've stayed in all the buildings several times at this point, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be the one near the front where the balconies face into a nice lawn area where the gazebo is.
    There are two buildings that run length wise along the lawn as well that are nice, but looking out across the lawn lengthwise towards DCA is probably my favorite.

It might be the 500 building? don't take that as gospel though

The staff has always been fantastic, and the rooms clean and comfy.

Either way, you will have a great time on your trip, and hopefully a great stay at the Plaza

Just as a random aside, the last time I was there, I asked the manager how long the hotel had been there. She said that it used to be the Hyatt, I believe, and that it was built the year after DL opened in 1956.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Thank you for the information! If we wanted to take the ART, what is the best stop for that? (We are going to have someone who needs to ride a bit and a very young child. )

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Under that tree again!

Thank you for the information! If we wanted to take the ART, what is the best stop for that? (We are going to have someone who needs to ride a bit and a very young child. )
    You walk 3 minutes away from the parks, south on Harbor to near the intersection with Katella Or you can walk 7 minutes to the parks. When you return your will have to walk 5 minutes back to the hotel from the ART stop, or 7 minutes from the gates. It may also take upto 20 minutes to wait for ART to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by abooch View Post
    OP, when will you be going? I'll be there next week and I've never been before, so I can comment then.
    We will get there on Tuesday....just 4 more days!!!! How about you?

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

I called them today and asked a few questions. Ended up upgrading for $15 per night to an "upgraded" room. Girl told me these rooms are in the 700 building. Figure for that much I can stop worrying about it, even though I'm sure the standard rooms are fine too.

Thanks Dan1964! Hope you're having a wonderful visit! Save some pixie dust for me! : )

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

Thanks Whitestrat! I,m looking forward to our stay next week. I think this will work out perfect for us. We aren't expecting the Disneyland Hotel. Just someplace decent enough and close enough to walk back for a mid day break if we need one.

Years ago we stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn and loved being across the street. But since then we've always used the ART or driven to the parking garage. So we wanted to try walking distance this time and API is much less than the others on Harbor Blvd.

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

I always ask to stay in the 700 building because it is the closest in terms of walking to the park, but then the last couple years, they say it is the deluxe rooms and they do cost a little more. We are usually placed in the 500 building, which is still fine.

We've stayed here probably 50 nights in the last 7 or 8 years. I think this hotel is a great deal, and it is the only way we can afford our yearly or twice-a-year trips to Disneyland. Their towels are like sandpaper, though, so I bring my own. Sometimes we even bring an eggshell mattress topper to put on the beds. I would be ecstatic if they got new mattresses in all the rooms! But, honestly, for $59/night and a short walk to the front gates, it's great!
    Maggie doesn't get along with the other babies . . .

Decent sheets towels and blankets should be provided for all the rooms, I think, but hopefully they will upgrade these things for everyone as time goes on. I'm happy to hear the 700 is not one of the farthest buildings. Just three more days and I'll be able to check it out for myself!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Lots of good information! Looking at mapquest it looked much further, so I appreciate the lowdown to distance. We usually stay at Hojo's but they are getting a bit pricey lately. So glad the op asked this~

Lots of good information! Looking at mapquest it looked much further, so I appreciate the lowdown to distance. We usually stay at Hojo's but they are getting a bit pricey lately. So glad the op asked this~

Yeah I think it will be better to walk to the parks rather than go to the ART stop and wait for a ride. Plus it will be free rather than the $4 per day ART cost.

Have a great time!

We're at Disneyland and our stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn is working out great. The hotel is clean, quiet, and close. I'm pleasantly surprised at how close it is to the park gates. Takes us about 5 minutes and we're not fast walkers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast