Any reviews on the Marriott hotels?

I have a gift card for $100 for a hotel stay with a Marriott hotel. I plan on taking my daughter around March 20th for her birthday. I haven't seen a review or anything on their hotels on here unless I am blind. Which might be the case. I see the Fairfield Inn is across the way from Disneyland. Any thoughts or recommendations for another Marriott hotel close by? Thanks!

Re: Any reviews on the Marriott hotels?

That's great and all, but that doesn't answer my question. Is there anyone who can shed some light on the best Marriott to stay at close to Disneyland??

We once stayed at the Anaheim Marriott Suites

Anaheim Hotel | Anaheim Marriott Suites Hotel information and reservations

It's a looooong walk if you don't want to take ART but a breeze if you take the shuttle. I really like the rooms and the bed was super comfortable. It was clean and modern plus it has a starbucks in the lobby area. I'm not sure if this is the best Marriott close by but I don't think you could go wrong if you stay here. The ART shuttle comes right up to the lobby doors too.

Thank you Mickey777. I saw that one as well when I was looking hotels up. I guess I can't go wrong.

• Under that tree again!

The Fairfield jstu across Harbor from the parks is not aweful, but it may be the worst Fairfield in the whole chain. It also will probably cost your whole GC for one night if you are staying on a low demand night only.

The Anaheim Marriot by the Convention Center above is ok. It's a bit old and dated, nothing great. Good rates for a Marriot if there is no convention and not busy season.

The is a Residence Inn Anaiem Maingate by Marriot, behind Garden Walk, Clemnintine St to be specific. You may not need the condo style room if just the two of you and a short visit. It's about 15 minutes to the gates walking and a shuttle may be nessecary to use.

The Anaheim Suites mentioned above by mickey777 is nice, but does require a shuttle. Don't kid yourself you won't want to walk that far.

There is another REsidence Inn which is across from the Anaheim Suites, haven't stayed here but it's not like condos like the other one but a modern tall building.

I either take the Suite or the Fairfield. Balance it out based on if you want a nice or ok room, be close or not, and what the price works out to.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Anaheim suites is spacious and comfortable but requires a shuttle
    Anaheim Marriott is closest to disneyland and is also very nice. Both of the above will be more than 100 a night..

I always stay in Marriott properties and would highly recommend either one of them

Thank you both! I am aware the prices of the rooms, that's not the issue. I just have the card to put towards the stay. Just wanted to see which one has been a better stay for some. Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsTigger View Post
    Thank you both! I am aware the prices of the rooms, that's not the issue. I just have the card to put towards the stay. Just wanted to see which one has been a better stay for some. Thanks again. I appreciate your help.
    I've found the Anaheim Courtyard Marriott to be the best bang for your buck. The rooms are large and clean and the staff is great.

For reference, I've stayed at Anaheim Marriott Suites, Anaheim Marriott (Convention Centre), and the Courtyard. They're all great properties, but I've found when visiting DL the Courtyard really is the best choice.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I've stayed at both the Anaheim Marriott Suites and At the Residence Inn Resort and both are on Harbor Blvd. I enjoy both, each are spacious and have separate bedrooms from the living room area. Both are serviced by the ART shuttle as well.

Residence Inn has the full kitchen and full hot breakfast. Parking can be a bit tight depending on time of year you go.

Anaheim Marriott Suites has the fridge but no microwave. Starbucks is also down stairs in the lobby. They are located in the same parking lot next to Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin and Joe's Crab Shack. If a wedding or some kind of party is going on at the hotel, then parking can be a bit tight for the night.

I would recommend either hotel. My favorite is the Residence Inn because of the full kitchen and hot breakfast.

• Monorail Junkie

The Fairfield Inn is owned by Mr Marriott's son and is kept very clean and up to date. He is very aware that folks like to stay there and expect Marriott quality. The Anaheim Marriott at the convention center is run by Marriott hotels and resorts. It is one of the flagships on the est coast and is also a great property to stay at.

I worked for Marriott for 14 years and have stayed at both. I would choose the Fairfield over the big hotel cause of the proximity to the park.

Just booked my stay for Fairfield. The closeness is what made the choice final. I'm going to have to call and see if they can place a couple balloons in the room to surprise my daughter since it's her birthday and she has no idea we are staying for two nights. I am excited!

Thank you everyone for your help.