• Big Thunder

Best Western Park Place Inn

We just spent six nights in the Best Western Park Place Inn; four adults in two adjoining rooms. We had a great time! The staff was friendly, attentive, and eager to help with any request.

First, location: The hotel is right next to the crosswalk that takes you to the main entrance from the east. I don't think there is any hotel closer except for the Grand Californian. If you want to run back to your hotel to get out of wet clothes or grab a nap, this one can't be beat for convenience at the price.

The room: Very very clean, attractive, comfortable. It has a coffee maker, mini-fridge, clock radio, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, large closet with mirrored doors, a sofa, a desk area with multiple electrical outlets, and free WiFi. The sofa converts to a bed that would accommodate two or three kids very well. The free WiFi was helpful due to the fact that the Verizon cell signal was only 1-2 bars because of the closeness of the other buildings. The view from most rooms will be the wall of the next building. The room was in very good repair. There was a good selection of cable channels on the large flat-screen TV.

Breakfast: Available from 6:30 until 9:30,upstairs in the restaurant next door to the south. It was one of the best I've seen. Bread, waffles, and croissants can be quickly toasted in one of three four-slot toasters. If you need protein there are what I assume are egg-beater patties shaped like small pancakes and brown and serve sausages in abundance. They have several different kinds of sweet rolls, fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges) and yogurt. To drink you have a choice of coffee (regular and decaf), milk, orange & apple juice, and I assume tea, though I don't remember seeing that specifically. A large number of booths accommodate four adults easily. We only had a problem finding seating on one of the six mornings when we showed up during a rush.

This was the first time I needed an ECV to visit the park. I rented one from OC Medical for about $40 a day. I had some problems the first two days with batteries going flat on me, but OC Medical has an outlet about a half block south down Harbor Blvd that is open from 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM and I had no difficulty swapping for a unit that worked just fine. If you develop problems in the park, they will bring you a replacement unit.

Finally, price. I booked these rooms through Orbitz for about $140 each per night. You can certainly find a cheaper room, but the combination of value and location made this a great choice for us.
    Disney Fan in the Great White North

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Best Western Park Place Inn

We've stayed there three times. With reasonable pricing and a decent location, we find it works for us. It's a bit crowded, but so's the whole area!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

We're booked there in March, so I'm glad for all the positive remarks.

thank you for the excellent and in-depth review... i really appreciate hearing the absolute smallest details like exactly what foods they serve for breakfast, haha

I always want to stay here, but whenever I check they are a good $20-$30 more than what I could get at a comparable hotel just a little farther away... but I will definitely try this place one day just out of pure convenience

We'll be staying there shortly for the first time. I'm very thankful for your in depth review also! phantasmic & others, you can get a discount there for being a Costco member and also for not parking a car. You save $8 plus 20% I think for not having a car. In the past we've always stayed at hotels where a shuttle was required. We've never stayed in walking distance. My spouse and I could probably handle walking from the Red Lion, which was our plan, but my sibling is going with us this time and I don't think that's realistic. I'm really excited to be staying so close. I think this is going to spoil me for all future trips!

We just stayed there also! Feb. 5 th through the 9th. We hardley saw our room exept to sleep, but it was clean and close to the park! Met all of our needs. It was nice to run back and change after the hail storm that soaked us on Friday morning too!!
    "I wish I could just live in Disneyland...I am never happier than when in that magical land... The peace it brings me is almost overwhelming"

1985 - First Trip to Disneyland with my parents and brother. (Age 11)
    1993- Disneyland trip with my highschool band "Disney Music Days"
    1996- Disneyland trip, College Spring Break Trip.
    1997- Disneyland trip, College Christmas Break Trip.
    2003- Disneland trip, Honeymoon.
    2012- Disneyland trip, first time with my hubby and children. Lexi 7, Patrick 4.
    2013- Disneyland trip, second trip with my hubby and children. Lexi 8, Patrick 5.
    2014- Next Trip planned with my kids and hubby!!

We stayed here March 12-16. Our room was clean everyday. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Security at the hotel was really nice. I didn't have a car, so I can't talk about parking. Breakfast was really good, and free. We loved being right across the street from the parks. We had a scooter and were able to get it to the second floor via the elevator. The room had plenty of room for the scooter and ourselves. I will be staying here again when I go the next time.