Disneyland Hotel - Info, advice, tips, room requests, etc?

We finally decided after changing our minds 27 times to stay at the Disneyland Hotel!

It will be me (mom), 20 year old daughter, 20 month old daughter (yes, you read that right lol).

I am looking for any info, advice, tips, what room i should request (I know it's just a request not a guarantee), unknown tidbits, etc. Best way to walk to parks, best restaurants to eat at and pool info too.

Also...since we are staying at the resort, this means we get magic morning every day right (or at least every day that it is offered)? Is this true, even if we don't get our park hoppers through Disney? Right now, I plan to book a package but if I can get the hoppers cheaper somewhere else and just book a room only, I am going to do that.

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disneyland Hotel - Info, advice, tips, room requests, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jessica312 View Post
    I am looking for any info, advice, tips, what room i should request (I know it's just a request not a guarantee), unknown tidbits, etc. Best way to walk to parks, best restaurants to eat at and pool info too.

Also...since we are staying at the resort, this means we get magic morning every day right (or at least every day that it is offered)? Is this true, even if we don't get our park hoppers through Disney? Right now, I plan to book a package but if I can get the hoppers cheaper somewhere else and just book a room only, I am going to do that.

With any admission and your room key you can get Extra Magic Hours, and Magic Mornings. Extra Magic Hours include Magic Mornings. Held in Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, held in Disney California Adventuer on the other days of the week.

For a room, you pay for the rooms type you get. There are three towers, Fantasy to the north, Adventure to the east and Frontier to the south. All towers face to the pool on onside. The Adventure faces the parks, though more specifically Downtown Disney and more DCA than DL. From the Fantasy tower you see the parking lots very well and DL at a poor angle. From the Frontier you see parking. Parking views are standard rooms.

There is a secret room or two graded as standard which have semi obtructed pool view. I don't know the nember of these rooms.

This is only a difference of 1-2 minutes or 2-3 minutes. Adventure is closest followed by the Fantasy tower.

To walk to the parks, you go to the north east corner of the hotel's sideways U shape, and head right into Downtown Disney. It's about 100 yards to the Monorail Station.

The pools is awesome splash area, big slides, small, slides, hot tubs and two pools.

If you are doing a character meal you may want to go to Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel, it has character meals all day long. Trader Sams is wonderful.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Ive stayed in the Adventure Tower and Frontier tower. Although the Frontier tower is further away, I felt like the room was bigger and thats very helpful with a little one with strollers and toys and crib and stuff. Depending on your budget, id try to get a room with atleast a pool view beacuse it just adds more like to your hotel room people watching and scenery. Also in the rooms ive stayed in the Frontier tower pool view you can see the fireworks from your room and they have the music piped in through the tv which is great.

The main registration area is in the fantasy tower. Concierge is in adventure. There are no faux balconings anymore, except the Frontier?

There are a diffrence in bathrooms, there is the sink/shower and toilet or the two room bathroom, with the toilet in another room connected. The 3 suites are in the Adventure tower. Convention center is connected to the Fanasty tower.

When I stayed there the room smelled like mildew due to the hotel staff not leaving the ACs running--hotel policy. I changed to another room that wasn't as bad. The fix: turn on the AC and let it run while you're at the park. Then, when you get back to the room, the smell will be mostly gone. That's my tip for that hotel.

As an avid hiker, I enjoyed the morning walk from the hotel to the theme park. It's just crazy walking back after the fireworks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    The main registration area is in the fantasy tower. Concierge is in adventure. There are no faux balconings anymore, except the Frontier?
    The Frontier Tower only has them on the end/corner, non standar rooms. The Adventure and Frontier have corner room that offer better views because the have windows on each side of the corner.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.