Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Has anyone stay at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate on S Clementine St lately? It looks like a really nice hotel, with lots to offer. I am okay with a 10-15 min walk to the park.. Any reviews???

Re: Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

It's become my new go-to hotel now that I usually visit Disneyland with a much larger group that includes in-laws, and I actually just booked a stay there for my upcoming visit this summer...

as far as I know, it's the only hotel that's
    - walking distance
    - can sleep 8 in one suite
    - has a kitchenette
    - has a hot buffet (not continental!) breakfast
    which are all must-haves for me & my family

You can see my comments from one of my previous visits in this old thread:

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

"I stayed at this hotel a while back, and figured I'd post my thoughts

Disneyland Hotel | Disneyland Hotels | Hotels in Anaheim near Disneyland

- Stayed there for 3 nights this past May for $250/night
    - stayed in a penthouse suite that had a living room with sofabed, downstairs bedroom with 2 queen beds + bathroom, and an upstairs loft with a king bed + bathroom... so it will sleep 8 total
    - full kitchen with a full-size fridge, electric range, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and plenty of pantry space

- roughtly 0.8 miles from hotel entrance to the turnstiles. Walking at a slow pace with strollers and senior citizens, it took us 20 minutes. The consensus from the seniors was that it was about the longest they'd be willing to walk at the end of the day.

the room:
    - clean & good condition, no complaints about the beds either
    - the upstairs loft gets a little hot unless you turn the AC up, which might leave the people downstairs cold, LOL
    - great for a family of up to 8 if you all like being together all the time
    - because the 2nd "bedroom" is a loft, there isn't a whole lot of privacy. The downstairs bedroom does have doors. You may want to consider suites that have actual bedrooms if your family tend to have loud snorers or people who tend to go to sleep/wake up at different times
    - they do have smaller suites available, as well as a bigger suite with an actual separated 2nd bedroom, but it seems like those are very limited
    - the kitchen was pretty well stocked with everything you'd need to cook basic food... one note: they don't give you dish soap, just a packet of dishwasher detergent, so if you will be constantly needing more plates/utensils multiple times a day, you might want to pick up a small bottle of dish soap so you can have clean plates without running the dishwasher
    - considering our suite sleeps 8, I don't think they gave us enough soap/shampoo, lol. We had 1 each of soap/shampoo/conditioner in each bathroom, would've preferred 2

the breakfast buffet:
    - very good, IMO... like other all-suite hotels, they give you a HOT breakfast buffet, which is comparable to eating breakfast at a diner... menu varies daily, but every day I went there everything was good... cereal/pastries/bagels/toast, waffle machines, oatmeal, yogurt eggs + obviously coffee/juice/milk was there very day... then they would also have some hot protein + carb there as well (like sausage + biscuits + gravy, or bacon + hashbrowns, etc)
    - I'd say it's a clear step above Homewood Suites and just below Embassy Suites breakfasts (which has a custom egg/omelette station last time I checked)

facilities & services:
    - the ATM was broken
    - the Disneyland ticket selling desk is pretty handy if you haven't bought tickets... just be sure to check their hours
    - the gym is 3 treadmills + a water cooler... no weights or anything like that
    - didn't go in the pool, but it seemed pretty crowded... seemed like the one at Embassy Suites is bigger
    - the basketball court is pretty cool to have... AFAIK, no other hotel has this in the area
    - they have coin-op washers+dryers if you need them... pretty handy
    - they have cribs available for no charge if you need it... but you have to ask for it at the desk... I requested it on my reservation, but they seemed to ignore it until I asked for it
    - parking seems a bit limited... you may have to park a little farther from your room (not far, maybe 2 minutes walk at most)
    - they have a grocery shopping service, where if you give them a list of stuff to buy, they can get it for you in as little as 24 hours... didn't use it, IMO if you have a car you're better off just driving to Vons/Target yourself

overall:
    - there seems to be a lot of vacancy at this hotel, since even when other hotels in the area were completely booked, this one had several vacancies right up to the day before I checked in
    - IMO, if you have a large family of 6-8 people that wants to share 1 room and be walking distance to the park, this is the best choice. If you don't mind driving, I would also consider Embassy Suites. Homewood Suites isn't bad, but it would be my 3rd choice out of the 3 if they were all roughly the same price.
    "

Had a stay over there from the 24th to the 26th of July and I wish i had the same sentiments as phantasmic. Maybe my standards were a bit higher since i stayed at various hotels throughout that month and found the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate to be the inferior of them all by far.

My gripe with this place has nothing to do with the staff. The staff was wonderful and absolutely tended to everything we needed during our stay. And you can never go wrong with free continental breakfast before heading out for a long day at the park.

It was the quality and tidiness of the room that really bugged me. From the first day that I walked into the room it just didnt feel well kept. Carpet felt sticky every step i took. Table and counter area in the kitchen had stains. Bathroom looked as though carpentry was done to it the same exact day as our stay since there was drywall debris scattered along the bottom of the walls. Not to mention the walls were not uniform as there were certain parts that were concaved. But what really set me off was the sofa bed. It had crumbs lodged in between the crevices of the cushions. I ended up not sleeping on the pull-out and just asked for extra sheets and threw it on top of the sofa. I might have just had bad luck with the particular room we were placed in but for $200+ a night i kind of expected more.

Arghh... I absolutely hate leaving negative reviews but for my trip next year, i know that i will do my best to stay away from this place.

The other outstanding element of the MRI is that it is a resort like setting with lawns, trees, flowers and breathing and walking space between buildings. So it you are with a large diverse age group that is not going to do Disneyland at 25 hours a day/ 8 days a week this would be a great lodging. There is an inviting patio attached to the office/pool complex for BBQ. Hot tubs sprinkled about the complex. Yes, parking is a problem for being close to your room, but there is plenty of parking to find in the overall complex. And the placement of the pool is rather odd and as an adult didn't find it relaxing, where as I had the hot tub to myself during the 2:00-5:00 hours.