Best Western Park Place or Camelot Inn and Suites?

This is our first time at Disneyland that we're not staying on-site (budget limitations...ugh!). I know nothing will capture the magic of staying in a resort property, so we're resigned to simply finding a decent place to stay with clean rooms and a short walk to the park.

I've narrowed it down to the Best Western Park Place or the Camelot, and would love any input you guys have on either. Breakfast is not a big consideration for us (we like to have breakfast in the park), noise is kind of a consideration, but most of all we just want a comfortable place to crash at night and during the day if we need a nap.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Re: Best Western Park Place or Camelot Inn and Suites?

I stayed at the Camelot before and would do so again in a heartbeat. It's closer than the Disneyland hotel and they do have Disney-themed suites. The pool on the 4th floor is nice and has a good view of the fireworks. Noise is not a consideration as long as you book a room in the back of the property - the stairs and elevator are in the front so the closer to the front you are, the more likely you are to have people walk past your room. I heard no noise from my neighbors above, below or next to me.

• Under that tree again!

I like the BW PPI but the two main reasons are it's super close and has a warm breakfast.

Noise will be the same at either but you can avoid some with Kristen's suggestions.

If you want to make use of the pool the Camelot's is nicer.

It is further but we are only talking about a 90 second difference. But if you leave in the afternoon and dine at the McD's next store or Mimi's it may be the better choice.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

We have stayed at both several times. Camelot is a little cleaner. This last time we stayed at the Candy Cane....near the intersection of Harbor and Katella. It was a couple minutes further walk, but it's on the same side of the street as the park entrance so you don't have to cross Harbor. Customer service was great and the hotel was clean and beautifully landscaped.

Dilone,
    My wife and I just stayed for an impromptu trip last weekend (June 14-16) at the Best western Plus Park Place Inn. The property is getting some cosmetic construction to the front of the hotel but the work did not interfere with our stay. One drawback for the property is parking. Space is limited and you get a “surprise” $10.00 per day charge to park there. We stayed in a two queen mini suite and it was cozy enough for the both of us. It had a mini-fridge, a microwave, a pull-out sofa that doubled as a sitting area, and standard in room appliances. The AC worked fine and the overall cleanliness was great. I’m not overly picky when it comes to mattresses in hotels, but they managed to do the job after a day’s worth of walking in the park. The staff was courteous and complied with the few requests we had. We walked past the pool and noticed that it was well maintained but it was very small. We did partake in the free breakfast above the Captain Kidd’s Restaurant. It came with some great food items being that it was free. The buffet style breakfast consisted of waffles, ham, sausage, new potatoes, yogurt, juice bar, cereal bar, fresh fruit, and ample seating. We still went to McDonalds as the coffee there was terrible! Overall, it’s not bad for under $200.00 a night. But it still has a two star hotel or motel feel.
    Your right in that it’s not the same luxury you would receive if you stayed in one of the Hotels of the Disney resort, but it is directly across the street from the park. It’s also one third the price of Disney’s Grand or Paradise Pier! I would stay there again if I was on a budget or on another impromptu stay. But if I had a choice, I’d have to go with the Grand. Like my frugal wife always says “they all look the same when you turn out the lights”! I hope you enjoy your trip to the park!

• Monorail Junkie

BrerBear- Thank you for this information. I am staying there for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon at the end of the month. Thank you for the detailed review.