Portofino Inn and Suites

We are planning a trip for our family of six, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Portofino? We are looking at staying in one of their kids suites. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Portofino Inn and Suites

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    We are planning a trip for our family of six, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Portofino? We are looking at staying in one of their kids suites. Thanks in advance!!!
    hi there! DH and I stayed there 3 years ago. First trip to DL. We had the kids suite with bunkbeds-pull out couch. Housekeeping could have been improved, the sheets on our King size didn't fit right, and the room wasn't superclean. Rather than calling housekeeping, we just cleaned the mess ourselves. The dark out shade had a big hole in it. The room layout itself was awesome, and the price was right. I liked the fact that the pool wasn't huge. The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. We went to DL by ourselves May 12, and stayed elsewhere(Peacock Inn and Suites) Overall, I would say that if you do decide to stay there, and have any issues the staff would be very receptive to you. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it. What was the walk like to the parks? We have four kids, so I am hoping it is manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it. What was the walk like to the parks? We have four kids, so I am hoping it is manageable.
    we were determined to walk to and from everyday however* laughing my head off here* at the end of the first day, our feet were on fire, and each step was torture!! We were kicking ourselves for not buying the bus pass!! I had a 5 year old and a 11 year old. We ended up buying and using bus passes for the duration. Are you planning on going all day for your first day? It may be wise to consider buying a bus pass just in case you are all exhausted like we were.