Please Help Picking a Type of Room at HOJO

Hi there, I am new to MiceChat. My husband and I will be taking our kids to Disneyland for the first time this coming February. We have booked our flight and have decided that we will stay at Howard Johnson. We are just unsure what type of room to book at Hojo and are hoping that someone can give us some advice. We have narrowed it down to either a Double Standard room in one of the Pavilions (3,4,5,6) or a Queen Deluxe in Building 2. It doesn't matter to us if we have a view of Disneyland. We would likely prefer a view of the Garden Pool or some nice foliage. A double/ queen bed is fine with us and we are not concerned about stairs. What is important to us is a clean room with a balcony we can sit on AND a room that is fairly quiet. It is our understanding that there is going to be some noise from the freeway when we are outside on the property. But we are wondering if some rooms are quieter than others. Could someone give me some feedback about what it was like to stay in either Building 2 facing the pool or one of the Pavilions? If you stayed in a Pavilion and liked it, which building did you stay in and which way were you facing? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Suzanne

Re: Please Help Picking a Type of Room at HOJO

I looked into staying at the Hojo for one trip, but chose one a little closer since I don't have kids and didn't need the pool. However, all the advice I could find said that the freeway noise is a problem even inside the rooms and they recommended staying away from the freeway. This was a common theme, so I think there might be something to it. Buildings 3, 4 and 6 are the most interior and have the "prettiest" views.

Re: Please Help Picking a Type of Room at HOJO

Kirstenh, Thanks very much for responding. The lovely looking grounds at Hojo is what appeals to us, but the freeway noise really concerns us. Thanks for your Building recommendations. We will keep that in mind.