Thread: Candy Cane Inn

Candy Cane Inn

We just returned from a 3 day, 3 nights trip to Anaheim, where we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. A friend had recommended the place, saying that she and her family always stay there. We were not disappointed.

We'd reserved two rooms for three nights, taking the smaller "Standard" rooms since we weren't planning to do much more than clean up and sleep there. Check-in was quite easy, allowing each family to pay for their own room. The hotel offered AAA, AARP or active-duty military discounts; they allowed two rooms to be reserved on one AAA membership. The only problem we found with check-in was parking. At first, our parking spot wasn't very near our rooms at all. It wasn't until the second day that a parking spot opened up closer to our rooms.

The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and there were the standard amenities of TV, table and 2 chairs there. There were TWO luggage racks, and a mini-fridge. Lots of drawer space was available too, if you needed it. An alarm clock was provided as well. In the bathroom area, there were four sets of towels in each room. The tub/shower combination and the toilet were in one room with a door, and the vanity was in the other space.

The hotel runs a shuttle over to the parks. It leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour, and leaves the parks on the 15/45. The only bummer to the shuttle was that you were dropped/picked up at the farthest shuttle stop from the park. (Sheraton Anaheim also dropped/picked up there.) The drivers were courteous and helpful, and the shuttle was well marked. We even had the experience of being picked up from the park in a 7-passenger van, when the regular shuttle driver was trying to catch a meal time.

Back at the hotel....breakfast was a very nice spread. Fruit, bagels, sweet rolls, muffins, toast (several types of bread), yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, cereal, milk, several types of juice, and three kinds of coffee were served every morning from 6:30 to 9:30 am. Unfortunately there was no waffle maker. I had to run my bagel through the restaurant-style toaster oven twice, to get it as crisp as I like it, and another lady ran hers through 3x. That was my only issue. There were plenty of tables and chairs, inside and outside.

The hotel also had a regular pool, 5 ft deep at its deepest, and a hot tub. In mid-afternoon of our 2nd day, we chose to return to the hotel and use the pool and hot tub.

Check out was also a breeze. I gather that the hotel does allow you to come in early to park (IF you can find a spot), enjoy the theme parks, and check in later. Then allows you to check out in the morning, pack up your car, and leave it there for the day. Then return later to get your car and depart. (Only those more local probably do that.)

We were given a coupon for $10 off on our next trip to Candy Cane Inn, for each room. It has to be used within the next year. Currently, there are no plans to return to Anaheim in the near future, but plans could change if the military offers another deal on theme park tickets. But it was a really nice gesture on the part of the hotel.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: Candy Cane Inn

thanks for the review
    Dave

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Candy Cane Inn

I've stayed there once and it was very nice. But it sounds like they've upgraded the breakfast since I was there some years ago. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the place with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.