Candy Cane Inn prices

Hello!! I am just wondering if anyone has gotten lower rates at the Candy Cane Inn. Currently every date I look at is about $130-$150 p/night. I have been hoping I could find something around $100. I stayed here quite a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The reviews are alwys positive, but I don't know if I want to shell out the higher amount. Any tip and info you can provide would be awesome!!! Thanks in advance.

Re: Candy Cane Inn prices

We were there in mid-summer, when the highest rates are in effect in all of the properties close-by. We got their least expensive rate, AAA discount, in their smallest rooms ("Standard"). My daughter and her husband were in a Travelodge on the other side of the park, and got a rate through either Priceline or Orbitz, around $100. They were comfortable in the Travelodge, but said it was a bit further walk than they had been led to believe on the website.

Remember, Candy Cane Inn is one of the few that has a dedicated shuttle to/from the parks. Sheraton Anaheim and two others do, that we saw.

One we used to stay at, that almost always had a $99-$119 rate, was Best Western Stovall's. Unfortunately, the reviews have been very mixed lately. The last we were there, 2009 I believe, it was starting to show its age. That's why we didn't return there, this year.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

Re: Candy Cane Inn prices

I stayed there in 2011 and I realized the outside is beautiful. The cobble stones, the flowers and having free parking and shuttle are nice, but the rooms are really quite blaw. My wife says she used to stay here all the time with her family and how nice it was, but she agreed that now the inside just felt like a cheap roadside, (decent, but nothing special) motel.
    Also it might be the first hotel on the Disney side of the street, but it's hardly a walk across the street from the parks. It's about a 10-15 minute walk.
    After all the great reviews I was very disappointed, and so was my wife. So maybe things have changed since the good ole days. Then again, it's been a few years, maybe it's been worked on.