• Senior Minion

Grand Californian question

Got some questions I hope you guys can help me with.

1. I know on the website (in the picture gallery for the standard rooms) it says that for the Grand Californian there are some standard rooms with optional sleeper sofa so that the room can sleep 5 adults. Is this true? Is it like 2 queen beds and a sleeper? Or just king with optional sleeper?

If not, is there an option like that for the Disneyland hotel? We are trying to decide what hotel we want (using my brother's AP and Military discount to it's full advantage, lol) but we need it for 5 adults.

2. Is the Military discount the same amount as an AP discount for a hotel room? Or is it more?

It's been over 8 years since I have been to DL so I know a lot has changed, even more so in California Adventure. We are going mid-march, just after St. Patrick's day. Is it still a good idea to get a fastpass for WOC or is there a good time/space to stalk out ahead of time? I know it's good to get one for RSR first thing. Is it the regular version of WOC? Or its it still Winter Dreams?

Thanks!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Love Disney!

Re: Grand Californian question

My family has stayed at the GC four times now, and each time we've gotten a standard room with two queen-sized beds. There wasn't a couch in the room (it wasn't big enough to have a table/chair set and a couch). From what I remember, these standard guest rooms don't have two beds + sleeper sofa. To accommodate 5 guests in a room, they can optionally provide "sleeping bags" for the 5th guest to sleep on the floor. You should call the hotel directly to verify that the standard guest rooms can't sleep 5 people with one of the guest sleeping on the floor. If that is the case, I'd check out one of the other Disney property hotels or a near by off-property hotel.

Note, that mid-March is prime time for Spring Break for schools so it will definitely be busy. So if you want to watch the World of Color you should definitely get a fastpass and try to get a seat as close to the water as possible. When watch the show, we were near the back and everyone was standing the entire time and it got tiring for my little kids.

• Under that tree again!

1. Disney hotels have daybeds for the 5th person. These are not fold out couches. It's small and cramped, so the smallest adult will get stuck with it. Really they are fine for kids not really meant for adults. But it is an option.

2. Usually.

3. You do need a FP for WoC to get in the viewing area. At the return time they line up the people by color zone, which is on your FP. Then let the line in. Don't rush to the front, aim for the middle of the whole area and a front of any tier. The very front can be very wet.

Winter Dreams ended, it was only going during the Holiday Season, so it's back to the standard show.

No need to waste time getting your WoC FPs. They are distributed slowly. For the first show they will last until 11-1. Then they start distributing them for the second show and those last until late afternoon or early evening.

Get RSR first no matter what. With WoC and RSR FPs you can get other FPs immediately there is no time restriction on them to get your next FP.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I know that Grand Californian Resort have five person room, I think is Not in the Standard price.
    I have stay Disneyland Hotel a have two queen side bed or king and sofe bed.
    I do not need a room to sleep five I do not know if Disneyland hotel have roll away bed
    There is room to put one in But is a Pool View room cost more.

Anabella hotel have accommodating up to five guests.
    Inactive/Active Military

The Anabella Hotel offers special discounted rates for Inactive/Active Military! Book now directly through our website, and select the rate military, or contact our Reservations Department at call (PS I had take out telephone number) for more information.
    10% Discount
    Please note these rates are subject to availability and your military/government employee ID will need to be shown at check-in.

Your qusetion
    It's been over 8 years since I have been to DL so I know a lot has changed, even more so in California Adventure. We are going mid-march, just after St. Patrick's day. Is it still a good idea to get a fastpass for WOC or is there a good time/space to stalk out ahead of time? I know it's good to get one for RSR first thing. Is it the regular version of WOC? Or its it still Winter Dreams?

What I hear that be back to regular Version and update Yes GET A Fast Pass Get First thing and Hope you get Blue or green area Yellow not bad But Hate Red area

Last edited by akfandisney; 02-11-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: chang wording
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9