• A Weather Eye Open

The Anabella - opinions please!

As a local, I never book hotels in the resort area. But a friend is having a bachelorette weekend at the DLR and I volunteered to hunt around for a hotel room. Initially, we wanted on-property and had a room picked out at the DLH. But that room booked out at the discount rate that we wanted and now I am shopping around to compare alternatives.

I remembered the Anabella as being a MiceChat favorite, but I don't see a recent dedicated thread for it! With their many discounts, we found a rate that we really liked for the Concierge Room, which has a king bed, a double bed, and a pullout couch (which seems like a much better option than the DLH's two queens for sleeping 4 grown-up single ladies who might need a little space).

Anyone stayed at the Anabella recently? Tried a Concierge room? How are the restaurant/bar, the grounds, the pool? Looking for a relaxing place for the bachelorette and friends to spend downtime or happy hour between a busy day in the park and possibly a beach/shopping day and feel a little pampered without breaking the bank.

We are really leaning towards it. Another option we are considering is Hotel Menage, and intrigued by The Carousel, but for the best rate we have to wait until 30 days before the stay to book, and that's only if they are still under 80% occupancy. Let us know what you thought!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Under that tree again!

Re: The Anabella - opinions please!

The Annabelle would be ok, but it uses a double bed not a queen as the second bed. It's pretty nice around the pool, so not a bad option.

The Manage has music and drinks by the pool, but that is the only draw, and I-5 roaring by is a drawback, and so is the long walk.

Carousel is what I would aim for. Connecting rooms for more space too if you'd like. It's close and you could hang out in DTD, or at the roof top pool.

Bring some cups and drinks with you to relax in the room or take to the pool.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

My wife and I stayed in a standard room with a king bed for the Mice Chat events. The room was spacious enough, though it had some cosmetic flaws. Otherwise, it was clean and well maintained. The large closet makes up for the tiny drawers in the cabinet. The bed was tall but very comfortable. I didn't notice any lag in the wifi, even though we only used the "free" speed. Heat/AC is a wall unit, which can be noisy. The room was comfortable enough with it turned off at night.

Public areas appear to be very nice. We didn't make use of the pool or other amenities. Our only meal there was the Friday night Mice Chat dinner, served buffet style. No complaints there.

If you park a car overnight, expect to pay $15/night +tax.

We prefer the Ramada Maingate or the Howard Johnson. The Ramada has a shorter walk to the entrances, but Hojo is very well run and nicely appointed and probably a better value. Neither one has charged us to park a car.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I have not stay there but I have done Mice chat meet there.
    yes there is a walk but if use the Grand Calif resort make walk shorter
    also there are two restaurant near by One next door and one cross the street.
    The bar is not bad
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

We stayed there in August and left a day early because it was so bad. We had a king room with a small twin room inside. One day they came in and cleaned while my son was there sleeping in the twin room. I had to throw away my desserts I brought from the park because I set them down for 10 minutes and returned to find a roach crawling around them. The king bed was the exact height as the air conditioner, and it blew directly into my face from less than a foot away any time it was on.

We will NEVER go back.

• Selfie Expert

Wow, I've never seen a bug in my room at the Anabella and that is the only hotel we've been going to since we discovered it about two years ago. It's always been clean, great service, and I think the walk is really short to the parks! It's also a quiet walk, since you cross one busy street then you're on a quiet, tree-lined sidewalk until you get to the GCH where you cut through. IF you want a shorter walk, ask for a room closer to the lobby. I've also never noticed any road noise in the rooms we've stayed in.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and plan to take my parents there to celebrate my daughter's first birthday with us.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Just found out there is a Art bus that goto this hotel/resort
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Selfie Expert

If you're able to walk, you will probably get to the parks faster by foot than by shuttle (unless you have perfect timing and arrive right when the shuttle is there) - plus walking is free!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

We love the Anabella. Never seen a bug, no issues other than we had very noisy neighbors once, but the staff was very accommodating to relocating us to another room.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

The Concierge Rooms are fantastic and include breakfast for two each morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The Anabella is a MiceChat partner and offers 20% off on room rates when you call in and ask for the MiceChat discount.

• "Always On The Move..."

Staying at the Annabella for the very first time just before Christmas. Based on overall reviews and photos of the hotel, it looks awesome! I and my family have stayed at almost every hotel around (including the resort hotels) and our old favorite has gotten pretty rundown and we decided it was time for a change. Looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

That's awesome, AlohaStitch! We hope you love staying with us!

• "Always On The Move..."

Thank you! We are sure looking forward to our stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6