Has anyone any experience with Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites?

Couldn't get the Howard Johnson for the days we needed and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this one good or bad.

• LOL

Re: Has anyone any experience with Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites?

yes. We stayed there about 5 years ago. It is getting a bit run down and could use some repair work. The rooms were perfectly satisfactory although they could use an upgrade. Standard matteresses on the beds and a bit hard. It is a long walk at the end of a full day at the parks. The bus shuttles do not stop at this hotel so you will be walking in and back. It is a little bit further than hojo but not a whole bunch. It is much closer to the garden walk restaurants. If you go to DL from open to close and use the hotel to sleep and shower it should be fine. If on the other hand you want to spend some time at the hotel lounging, swimming etc I would look for something else.

Sorry, I have never stayed at Camelot, but thought I would share my last hotel experience in case it helps you in finding other options. We had a really nice stay at The Red Lion Maingate. The beds were awesome (Sealy pillow top mattresses, but can't remember anything else about the brand). The quality of room was okay/good and pretty quiet. We used the hotel to just sleep, shower, and rest for a couple of hours in the middle of the day when we needed a break from the parks. The shuttle stops right in front of the lobby along the street. We never attempted to walk as it was a long ways from the park (of course, we aren't in great shape so other people who are will tell you different).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
    yes. We stayed there about 5 years ago. It is getting a bit run down and could use some repair work. The rooms were perfectly satisfactory although they could use an upgrade. Standard matteresses on the beds and a bit hard. It is a long walk at the end of a full day at the parks. The bus shuttles do not stop at this hotel so you will be walking in and back. It is a little bit further than hojo but not a whole bunch. It is much closer to the garden walk restaurants. If you go to DL from open to close and use the hotel to sleep and shower it should be fine. If on the other hand you want to spend some time at the hotel lounging, swimming etc I would look for something else.

Are you thinking of the Castle Inn that is down by Katella?

Camelot is ok nothing special. But I do like the view from the pool.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Its as nice as any of the places along Harbor, and is nicer than some, and is actually closer than the HOJO. The room was nicer than the last room we stayed in at the HOJO too. The pool is on the second level and offers a great view of the fireworks if you happen to be at the hotel in the evening. Parking is limited, but they offer free valet if the lot is full. We stayed there last summer for the first time because we were looking for a 2 room suite and the price for this was really good here. We would definitely consider it again. The only negative was the free breakfast was really bad. Skip the free breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
    You might be thinking of a different hotel. The Camelot Inn and Suites is almost directly across from the main entrance, between McDonalds and The Tropicana. There is nothing closer, really, except the GC.

I stayed there last year and plan to again this year. Rooms are clean and spacious, comfy beds, extra pillows and blankets, rooms were alway cleaned and well stocked. I'd recommend it.

If the object is to be close to Disneyland then I can recommend this place. It is right across the street from Disneyland. As as per prior comments rooms are spacious and clean. Stayed on the top floor near middle of hotel and it was fine. Price was also better than other hotels nearby.