• ** - Didn't Like

1 6.67%
  • * - Issues

0 0%

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Crowne Plaza - Garden Grove

We usually stay at whatever hotel Priceline name your own price places us. Quite a number of times this has been the Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove for usually around $50.00. http://www.anaheim.crowneplaza.com/

PROS: Nice 3* hotel, quality bedding, free sleep system (eye mask, ear plugs, relaxation CD, lavender scent for you to spray on your pillow, and curtain sealers). Salt water pool and jacuzzi. Free parking. There is a hotel restaurant but we have never eaten there. They do have a little coffee to go place with lattes, coffee, juice, muffins and fruit. Restaurants within short walking distance include Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, etc. Target store across the street, private shuttle bus to Disneyland shared with Hyatt across the street.

CONS: Not within walking distance to Disneyland. $9 resort fee charged per night per room. Limited size parking lot.

Here are some pictures from our last stay, we requested and received a room with double beds.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Crowne Plaza - Garden Grove

I too got a $50 dollar price for the Crown Plaza Resort and I absolutely loved it! The sleep kit was a very nice surprise. The bed and all the pillows was just heavenly. The one thing that I really liked was the white duvet cover. Hotel bedspreads just give me the heebie-jeebies, but with having a white cover, it felt so much cleaner.

Everything you listed pratt55 is right on. I have to admit it was handy having Target across the street. and there's plenty of amenities within close proximity (except Disneyland ).

The down side for me was the parking. It's mostly behind the hotel and it is a very long walk to the hotel lobby.

I would definitely stay there again (especially for that price )

Here's a picture of my room:

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with both of you. A very nice hotel, and again, if you have a car, not at all hard to drive to the resort.

The $9 resort fee was a surprise the first time we stayed here, but this does include internet access so there is a plus.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

I stayed here with friends for 3 nights in March '07, and loved it. It just felt cleaner than most hotels, and room service was quick and friendly. The hotel shares a shuttle with the hotel next door (Hyatt), and we used the shuttle the whole time. Drivers were nice, and the shuttles came frequently. The Hyatt has a Starbucks inside, which was AWESOME for the day we got up super early to take advantage of our EE. Didn't have any problem finding parking in the lot. Our room looked exactly like the pictures pratt55 posted.

• Time Traveler

It was probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. I didn't mind paying the extra $9 for the room since I was only paying 50 for the room anyways.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, we've stayed there for the PL price of $50. Great value!

• Minion

Staying here Mon nite. Got it for $45. Does anyone know if they have luggage storage? My friend who is staying is moving to Hawaii from WA, and we are going to DL for the day before her plane leaves that nite. Also, what about the Express Bus to LAX. Does that stop there?

• Minion

Loved the hotel. Checked in and gave them my priority club number. Was given a welcome packet for being a member which had 4 cards. 2 free breakfast buffets at the resteraunt, a free coffee at the coffee bar and a free drink at the bar. We used the breakfast ones, and it was pretty good. Reg 12.95 for adults. They had an omlette bar, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potato's, asst toast and breakfast breads, hot and cold cereal, french toast, and you could have coffee or an assortment of juices that were incl.
    We also used the bus to DL. The driver was nice and prompt. The only downside was where the self parking is and it is a very very long walk to the hotel from the parking lot.
    The room was nice. Had called and requested 2 beds non smoking and was given one. Had to call down to get extra toiletries, and they were brought up fast.
    All in all, had a great experience and def hope to get this hotel again. It was a lot better than the Hilton in my oppinion!

• Circle of Ancients

I didn't know you could still use your priority club even with Priceline.

Sheesh, thinking of all the free breakfasts and drinks we've passed up on ...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I didn't know you could still use your priority club even with Priceline.

Sheesh, thinking of all the free breakfasts and drinks we've passed up on ...
    I read a review on biddingfortravel.com about the hotel and how others had given their number and were given the breakfast. So, I decided to try it! I know I don't get points for the actual stay, but for other stuff, you can earn points. And well, as I said above, it worked out great!

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

This is a really nice hotel. my work sent me and my coworker out to Anaheim for this flooring class for three days all expenses paid. They told us the we should car pool there, and book a hotel there as well. Well we didn't book a hotel until we got there. So at the end of our class we didn't have a place to stay so we asked our instructer if he could get us a hotel. So he got us a room at the crown plaza, with our works discount we got a decent rate which really didn't matter.

The only thing I didn't like was the parking, and that little non-fridgerated fridge. We didn't know that once you take the stuff out they charge it to the bill. so we had, like bacardi and candy bars on our bill. But they were nice about it they took it off our bill.
    Polynesian girl