3 6.38%
  • * - Issues

2 4.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anabella Hotel

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Anabella Hotel

The bed was sooo comfy Loved the counter outside of the bathroom. with 3 women needing to get ready this was great

The little togo boxes for the breakfast were a great touch, the snacks at the bar during happy hour were tasty and the bartender very personable.

We'd stay here again

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

My room (a standard queen I think was what it was called?) was small, but in a cozy way, not in a "where can I put my stuff" way. We had 3 adults in there on Friday night working on our tshirts and other important strategy and didn't feel cramped.

From the moment I checked in, I was impressed with the place. Doors held open, help with my one little suitcase, smiles and all of it...just wonderful! I went towards my room and one of the groundskeepers stood up and welcomed me to the hotel and asked what my room was and guided me to the elevator. It just was so nice!

The only "issue" I had was Saturday morning, nothing would drain. So in taking my shower I nearly flooded the room!! I called the front desk after I was dressed and it was less than 10 minutes until maintenance was there. He looked at it and said he'd be back and left. Everything drained within a few minutes after this, but he was back with another worker in another 10 minutes. (of course, I wasn't ready to go yet, so that was a drawback of them taking over the bathroom!) Everything was fixed and cleaned up when I got back Saturday night.

I wish I had seen the bigger rooms to determine if that would be a great place to stay when we come in October with other family joining us. For now, I'll definitely put it on my list for places to stay!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I wish I had seen the bigger rooms to determine if that would be a great place to stay when we come in October with other family joining us. For now, I'll definitely put it on my list for places to stay!
    guess who else will be in town in October
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Minkertunkey, the Hacienda Suite has 6 queen beds. The family suite has a king, a set of twin bunk beds, and a twin day bed. We were able to fit our family of 4 nicely in a deluxe room.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Waiting for the stork

We really enjoyed it.
    Our room was pretty and VERY comfortable.
    We had 5 in our room, and I never once felt like we stumbled over eachother or were crowded (1 king, 1 full and a pull out twin)
    the dressing bar was perfect for all of us to get dressed at the same time.
    I had the contental breakfast 3 mornings, and it was nice...not amazing, but certainly passable, made me happy.

I love the front desk and lobby staff
    Very polite and sweet to us. very helpful.

Didn't try the nail/hair salon, but it sure would be a nice option, particularly on a slightly longer trip (I had visions of a pedicure after walking for 3 days)

and it's so close...just walk across the street and your right in the Disney 'bubble'

I will absolutly stay here again, without question...
    procrastibating

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I don't ask a lot from a hotel room but I really liked this one and I think I'd stay there again for sure. I'm trying to take the kids later this year, so the rate being extended is fabulous!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

MickeyMaxx and I enjoyed our stay at the Anabella Hotel during the Gumball Rally2 weekend. That said, I would make one recommendation to anyone planning on staying there.

The property is a beautifully refurbished, but admittedly older property. For that reason, the ceiling joists are old and noisy. On our last night at the hotel, we had a person staying above us that paced the floor the entire night. This made enough noise to disturb my sleep repeatedly. You might consider staying on the top floor if you think that type of thing might bother you.
    Rick

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

We heard the people above us quite a bit too. turned out it was Circarama, VillainsFan, and the Clinkerbelles! All in our bizarre, hidden entry hallway corner room.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    MickeyMaxx and I enjoyed our stay at the Anabella Hotel during the Gumball Rally2 weekend. That said, I would make one recommendation to anyone planning on staying there.

The property is a beautifully refurbished, but admittedly older property. For that reason, the ceiling joists are old and noisy. On our last night at the hotel, we had a person staying above us that paced the floor the entire night. This made enough noise to disturb my sleep repeatedly. You might consider staying on the top floor if you think that type of thing might bother you.
    that would defiantly bother me. I'm a very light sleeper and I can't even fall asleep unless the room is quiet or if I take sleeping pills. Once something wakes me up I tend to get insomnia for the rest of the night. A quiet hotel is a must for me.

so, anyone on the top floor hear noise form other rooms?

• Super Genius

Too bad there isn't an N/A answer. I didn't stay there because they were booked when I called.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I had 2nd floor room and was warned by Deebs that in her previous stay there she found the walls to be paper thin. I know there were people in the rooms next to me because I saw their dishes from room service, but I never saw or heard another person in the rooms around me.

(though it also deserves to be said that I wasn't in the hotel until very late 2 of the 3 nights)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    that would defiantly bother me. I'm a very light sleeper and I can't even fall asleep unless the room is quiet or if I take sleeping pills. Once something wakes me up I tend to get insomnia for the rest of the night. A quiet hotel is a must for me.

so, anyone on the top floor hear noise form other rooms?
    I stayed on the top floor and heard nothing from the other rooms. The only thing that wouldn't be good for a light sleeper might be the sound of the AC/Heat in the room. I was in a room with a single King bed and it was very close to the foot of the bed. Also I was in the Santa Cruz rooms which was way in the corner, so it was away from most traffic and people.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

The whole keycard-in-the-lighted-slot trick to activate your lighting and HVAC threw me at first. I thought there was something wrong with the light switch in the bathroom. Once I figured it out, though, no worries.

I had a room on the second floor, so no problem with noisy MiceChatters upstairs for me.

I stayed in one of the Casita Suites, not because I needed the extra room (I was on my own), but because I got such a great rate. Can't pass up a deal, and the location was ideal.

My biggest complaint was that the HVAC was pretty noisy. I turned it off completely one night. Problem solved--and I was still comfortable.

I thought the staff was very courteous and room service was fast.

I also appreciated that my room was within walking distance of the Party Suite.

What? You didn't know there was a Party Suite?

Your loss.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    The whole keycard-in-the-lighted-slot trick to activate your lighting and HVAC threw me at first. I thought there was something wrong with the light switch in the bathroom. Once I figured it out, though, no worries.

My biggest complaint was that the HVAC was pretty noisy. I turned it off completely one night. Problem solved--and I was still comfortable.
    Keep in mind that not all the rooms use that for their heating /AC system. Our room wasn't like that and after quite a few frustrating (and cold) minutes we called the front desk to have a guy look at it. Turned out our room had a regular plug in the wall type. The guy who checked us in at the front desk was really nice, but he gave us a lot of wrong information.

and the a/c was noisy when it was running - it would run hot then switch to cold. But it worked well!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Okay, I called last night and tried to book a room for March - they told me that Micechat rate was no longer avavilable.

Any tricks involved in getting the special rate, other than requesting it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast