2 4.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anabella Hotel

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Anabella Hotel

Anabella Hotel, Anaheim

The Anabella Hotel is an Old California Spanish mission-style hotel contained within seven acres of landscaped grounds. The property is located directly across from the Disneyland Resort and is situated on the Anaheim Convention Center Campus. The Anabella Hotel was the recent recipient of the Anaheim Beautiful Property Award and incorporates architectural elements that draw upon the heritage of authentic California missions.

The hotel offers 2 swimming pools, one for adults only. Complete the day with a relaxing facial or treat those tired feet to a pedicure at the exclusive Bella Nail/Hair Salon & Spa. Other features offered are Jacuzzi, State-of-the-art Business Center, Fitness Center, Bellman Service, Concierge Service, and Guest Laundry & same day Dry Cleaning Service. Dine at the Tangerine Grill & Patio restaurant or enjoy a meal instead your guest room with room service.

Please rate this hotel and offer your reviews below

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Anabella Hotel

I'll be honest... I stayed there for the 50th and it was OK. The room was really small and being on the ground floor it was noisy. It was great to just sleep in and not spend a lot of time in. The only issue, really, was that it was so tiny - perfect for one but small!
    But Jeff and I are booked there for the anniversary weekend, and I am really looking forward to it! We got the deluxe so I'm sure it'll be bigger. I have heard a lot of great things from everyone about it!

And it's great that they have given us a discount rate!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• For You!

I've stayed there several times. I really like it - except for the breakfast - that could be better. And the room pictured, must be a really nice suite - All the rooms I've stayed in, including the family suite are much smaller.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    And the room pictured, must be a really nice suite - All the rooms I've stayed in, including the family suite are much smaller.
    Forced perspective.

First off, a disclaimer. I'm a "Motel 6" kind of person. I don't require a lot in a room, I don't need all the 4 star amenities. Considering how little time I actually spend in a room, all I want is a bed, a bathroom and some towels, and for the room to be clean.

The last time I stayed at the Annabella was some years ago, I think not long after they first opened. I thought it was very nice. The room we stayed in was of average size for a motel room, but the beds were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. My only issue was we weren't that close to a working ice machine. We were on the second floor, and the ice machine was right under us, but it didn't work and if we wanted ice we had to walk a ways to get to another machine.

Over all I thought it was a great place to stay, but in my opinion the rack rate is more than the room is worth. But then I rarely if ever pay more than $70-80 for a room and I'm very content with just the basics. I've stayed in $40 rooms and I've stayed in $200 rooms and seriously... some of the more expensive ones are no better or different than some of the cheaper ones.

On a scale of 1-10 for quality I'd give it a solid 8+, for value... about a 7.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I stayed here for the 50th Anniversary Weekend in 2005, and if I got a good price would certainly stay here again. Staff were incredibly helpful, especially housekeeping. I also had a great view of Screaming, Tower of Terror and the Maliboomer from outside my room on the top floor. As I only used this as a base for Disney I never really checked out the pool or resturant. But would recomend this for anyone looking for for a base within 10-15 min walking distance of the Resort. And the whole decor was beautiful.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• For You!

I did remember something related to the Anabella - never take the ART shuttle back to the hotel. We waited for about 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up (I'm sure that only 1 runs this route), then it's the last stop on the return route - we went past the hotel and down the street, it took us over 30 minutes just on the shuttle. We would have been so much better off to just walk through the Grand Californian and down Disneyland Drive. It's really not much further than the Paradise Pier.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

^^^^^^^

I recommend that folks never take the FART bus ANYWHERE...

But hey, that's just me.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Many of the folks who attended this week's Gumball Rally stayed at the Anabella, including Fishbulb and I. We simply LOVED it.

Really a class act. They had door men at the front, separate concierge check in, upgraded bedding (VERY comfortable), beautiful decor, and nice bathrooms. Our room had a plasma TV. And for all this luxury, they offer great rates.

The Anabella has offered to extend special rates to MiceChatters through the rest of 2008 (some busy periods excluded). So when you call, just ask them what the special MiceChat rate is for the period you are looking to book.

A big thanks to the Anabella staff for their wonderful service and for taking such great care of the MiceChatters.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Senior Minion

I see many thought the room was small, but in my opinion the room was perfect for just me. I also enjoyed having the doormen open the front doors and check-in was a breeze. I stayed on the second floor of the Santa Cruz suites and enjoyed a nice view of Screamin' and the Sun Wheel.

The bed was big - nice and comfy! I also loved having all those pillows on my bed. Bathroom was spacious and very clean as well. I appreciated them having the small fridge, and although I didn't use the safe in the room I'm sure it would come in handy for some other guests.

Walking from the Anabella to Disneyland took me about 15 minutes and wasn't too bad - even in the rain. Plus, now finding out that this special rate is extended for the rest of the year - I am surely going to be staying there for future events and occasions during 2008.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

We liked it too, on the whole.
    The negatives were that check-in guy gave us some misinformation, the biggest thing he was wrong about was plugging the card in the door to work the a/c. The others were smaller thing, but still disappointing.

Our safe didn't work. And the Plasma TV was sweet (though it hardly got any channels) but you couldn't lay in bed and watch it (unless you laid at the foot of the bed).

The shower got water all over the bathroom. BUT the water pressure was freaking amazing!!!

The size of the suite was great for the 2 of us. And hardwood floors! So awesome! Loved the slippers too. they were nice for my aching feet Down comforters are always a plus too. I brought my own pillows, but we did have one "squishy" pillow, which is so rare in a hotel! The a/c had a remote - that was really awesome. Oh but the directions on how to set the clock radio alarm weren't right, and I couldn't figure it out (luckily we didn't sleep through the call alarm this morning!)

I liked the walk, it was literally across the street and you're on DL property, which makes it seem shorter to me lol.

The staff were all really friendly and nice to us, and they really did go out of their way for us (thankfully, because it was due to a mix up on their end to begin with that we had a minor issue this morning). And we even got free brakfast, a pretty healthy one too

Overall, this was SO much better than my last time, and we will def. try to stay here again. I will recommend it!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

This was my third stay at the Anabella Hotel. Unless I am staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, which I can rarely afford, I plan on always staying at the Anabella.

The Deluxe Concierge room fit 5 adults perfectly well. I slept on the pull out twin and was very comfortable. There was plenty of room for us to have room for our stuff.

One of my favorite features is the long counter outside the bathroom. It was plenty of room for all of our makeup/toiletry cases.

One of the most special moments was when they opened the bar especially for us on Friday afternoon. Not every place would have been so accomodating to a group like that.

I simply loved the walk! It was as though the second you crossed Katella, you were immersed into the magic.

A special thank you to Browncoat. He worked hard to make sure that the MiceChatters were all well taken care of during our stay. He helped elecare my high opinion of the Anabella on more than one trip.

Dusty, it is great news that they are extending the MiceChat rate throughout 2008 (minus the busy times). Fantastic choice for an official hotel.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed our room as well. We slept 6 easily. The room was cozy and nicely furnished. The only thing we could think that we would change was needing a sink outside the bathroom, but that long counter was really nice and everyone could get ready together. The walk to and from was quick, even in the pouring rain. The staff was friendly and helpful. I overslept and missed out on the breakfast, so I'll have to go back another time to check that out. I would totally stay there again.
    A signature should go here.

• Circle of Ancients

We were VERY happy to hear the rate had been extended for 2008. We usually just priceline, but this may actually change now. We REALLY enjoyed the hotel. It was clean, the beds were probably some of the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever slept on and the shower ROCKED!!!

We totally recommend this hotel to anybody staying near DL.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

We stayed at the Anabella Saturday night.

The service was great. They let me check in early, carried my bag to the room and made sure everything was good. I loved the shutters that made the room dark. The person I stayed with is an early riser so the lack of light meant we both got to sleep in a little.

The bed was really comfy.

I would absolutely stay here again.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Comfy king-sized bed with lots of pillows and it was a pretty room!

I am also very glad to hear about the special rates being extended
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast