• ** - Didn't Like

0 0%
  • * - Issues

0 0%

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

We stayed one night 10.18.07 at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort on Manchester Avenue.

Using Priceline name your own price I bid $44.00 for the room and got it with total charges including taxes and service fees for 56.75. Well worth the price.

Pros: Free parking, small refrigerator, clean, large sized rooms, comfy beds, big bathroom, very big jacuzzi and pool area.

Cons: Not within walking distance but they do have ART service. Pool and jacuzzi shared with Staybridge Suites next door, not a lot of jets in the jacuzzi. Shower water pressure not that great. It seemed as though everyone who went past our room that night was very loud.

For the price we paid we would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

Pictures from outside the hotel

Pictures of our room.

The Holiday Inn website
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...lsearchresults

• love my friends

Re: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

that looks like a nice hotel, thanks for sharing.. might stay there the next time we go to DL

Friends for life

• Minion

I am going to have my friend who is coming priceline it! It looks decent!

• no flash photography...

We just stayed there Saturday night. It was ok. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again. the shower just plain sucked. It took a good 15 minutes just to get the shampoo out of my hair. My showers are usually 15 minutes total.

My bed was very squeaky and Not that comfy. i woke up several times during the night, but that could have been from the room being either to hot or to cold as well. They claimed to have free wireless internet, but it only worked once for about 15 minutes. The toilet ran forever. My roommate used it in the middle of the night and after a while I asked her if she left water running in the bathroom.

There were three pillows on the bed, each one a different firmness. I liked having that choice.

We also didn't care for the air conditioning. It didn't flow through the room evenly, so some places felt hot whole others were freezing. Also, the curtains didn't not close past the air conditioning, only the shear curtains did. This was not an issue because we were out of the hotel by 5am, but if we wanted to sleep in that would have been an issue. I like a dark room.

We used priceline as well. I would probably be hoping we didn't get that hotel again, because we have had far nicer ones through priceline.

The room was clean and not very far driving distance to the parks. the free parking was nice and our room was ready before 3PM.

• Minion

Just found out she won't be staying there. She got another hotel.

• Princess Mouse Ears

I stayed a night there in September. I booked through Priceline and got a room for $45 +fees. It was my least favorite of the hotels that we have stayed at in the DLR area. I didn't like the squeaky, hard bed and the water pressure wasn't that great. As we were checking in someone was reporting their stolen car to the police.

On the brightside parking was free, the room had a mini fridge and the rooms were very quiet. The next time I book a room using Priceline I hope that we either get the Hyatt or the Hilton Suites, both are superior hotels!
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I got my chance to stay at this Holiday Inn this weekend (booked through Priceline), and while it wasn't my favorite, it wasn't bad either. I wouldn't put it up there with Hilton Suites or Crown Plaza Resort (the other two I've booked through Priceline), but it's also better than some of the places I've stayed around Disneyland.

The room was clean. For me, the beds were comfortable, although they looked crooked when we were't sitting on them, and we found it amusing that they have a selection of different types of pillows you can order. The shower, while not high pressure was adequate and I had no problem with it.

We did encounter a few problems:

The bathtub drain was kind of clogged so that by the end of the shower, the water in the tub was up over your ankles. I guess if you look on the positive side, it's like getting a foot soak and shower all in one (which after a day at Disneyland is not really a bad thing) .

And apparently they were having problems with coding their key cards this weekend. We had to wait for a guy to come up to the room and program our cards for us. He was there within minutes, but we heard of others having problems with this too.

Parking was sufficient, even after getting back to the hotel after 1 am.

So, all-in-all, a nice place...I would give it a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

I am staying there this weekend so I will report back soon!

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Well, after staying at the Holiday Inn, I would have to say it was ok. Well worth the price if booked through priceline.com.

Pros: Cheap, friendly staff, great pool and spa area.
    Cons: To far from the Disney Resort area, shower was very slow draining, room not as clean as it should have been.

All in all, I would stay there again if the price is right...