• *** - OK

7 25.00%
  • ** - Didn't Like

1 3.57%
  • * - Issues

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

I had a friend warn me to request not to be put in a room next to the elevators or ice machines. She said the noise would keep us up al night. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I stayed there one weekend in March this year, loved it.

Yes, the parking structure was a PITA. But the room was great.

The view:

Inside the room:

My son will not be lounging across your bed when you get there! Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post

My son will not be lounging across your bed when you get there! Promise.
    I hope this picture was taken after a long day in the park, and not a long day in the car (or in the air!)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    I hope this picture was taken after a long day in the park, and not a long day in the car (or in the air!)

Poor little guy... BOTH! Early, early morning in the car, followed by a long day in the park. He was so sleepy, but he got up again and went back into the park for nighttime activities.

We walked across the street and took the tram from the Timon lot after dark. It was very easy access. I would totally stay there again.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've stayed there quite a few times, as well as at the Marriott across the street.

Nice and peaceful unless there is a Tony Robbins convention there...

And yes, it is an easy walk. In fact, I'd walk twice as far to avoid that terrible FART transit system.

Enjoy!

• Minion

Can we request to not be by elevators or ice and for a room with a park view or is that being rude since we got it on priceline?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Can we request to not be by elevators or ice and for a room with a park view or is that being rude since we got it on priceline?
    you can call and request whatever you want, but they are only requests and not always honored.

I always request two queen beds. I have found out the earliest you can get to the hotel and preregister the better the chances are you will get what you want.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post

In my view, you are a guest. Period. You should receive the same level of customer service as any other guest, no matter what deal you got on the rate.

That said, I know that when I make special requests for anything (park view, not near the ice machines or elevators) I always feel guilty about it. Why? I have no idea. I just am weird about it. I think I am always afraid that they will say no, which will upset me, and then I will regret asking. I know that's silly of me, but there you have it.

However, bed size? I don't feel guilty requesting what I want. I'm sorry, but I do NOT want two Queens. I want a King. I hate when they can't at least give me the size bed I want.

Not to stray too far off topic, let me add that this did not happen at the Anaheim Hilton. As you can see, we got the King size bed. And it was quite comfy! The linens were wonderful and the bathroom was spacious and very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post

However, bed size? I don't feel guilty requesting what I want. I'm sorry, but I do NOT want two Queens. I want a King. I hate when they can't at least give me the size bed I want.
    If I were going with my Bf I would get a king, but I don't like sharing a bed with relatives or people I don't know well. My daughter and I have shared a bed before, but she kicks and hits. It's much better for us to have two queens. She is 16 now and appreciates her own bed as well.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    If I were going with my Bf I would get a king, but I don't like sharing a bed with relatives or people I don't know well. My daughter and I have shared a bed before, but she kicks and hits. It's much better for us to have two queens. She is 16 now and appreciates her own bed as well.
    Definitely better to have 2 Queens when room sharing. ^

My kids tend to jump in with me, so if we have 2 Queens, it's rather pathetic when all 3 of us are crammed in together.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    you can call and request whatever you want, but they are only requests and not always honored.

Of course there's always my way...

Slip the CM a twenty when you request a specific room in the Sierra Tower (for example). Works every time!

Probably works for requests in the other Hotels too. In fact, I'm sure that it does.

(Gets you extra cookies upon checking into the Doubletree too...hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Of course there's always my way...

Slip the CM a twenty when you request a specific room in the Sierra Tower (for example). Works every time!

Probably works for requests in the other Hotels too. In fact, I'm sure that it does.

(Gets you extra cookies upon checking into the Doubletree too...hehe)
    yeah, I always get two queen beds without slipping cash. Also the GCH honored my request and our room was ready at noon without slipping cash. I gave out enough cash just getting luggage moved around.

Come to think of it we usually getting upgraded to suites in vegas just by asking. I'll keep your tip in mind for something that is really a must have for me.

Sometimes there's only so much they can do. For instance our san diego hotel was a non smoking room request, but we didn't check in until 1am and all the rooms were already taken leaving us on the smoking floor. I try to get there early now.

Yeah, it definitely helps by checking in early.

We've never been denied any type of beds or that type of request (w/o having to slip them some $$), but when we ask for the Sierra Tower after they have told us that we will be staying elsewhere, then I'll ask politely for the "upgrade". If it appears to be a struggle, out comes the cash. I'm sure with what they (don't) get paid, they appreciate the gesture.

Way too many times I have seen guests in there arguing over trivial issues and making them into federal cases. Usually somebody looking for something for nothing...

Some people are just plain rude.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    I'll ask politely for the "upgrade". If it appears to be a struggle, out comes the cash. I'm sure with what they (don't) get paid, they appreciate the gesture.

Way too many times I have seen guests in there arguing over trivial issues and making them into federal cases. Usually somebody looking for something for nothing...

Some people are just plain rude.
    I have never thought to slip money at a hotel front desk! I may have to try this one PM!!!

• Banned User

I called this hotel today and they have newly renovated rooms that have balconies....the price is nearly double what I have for Hojo, however, I'd pay it if I thought it was SO much nicer.

Scubabe..you've stayed at both...which would you choose?? Between the "home office" room at Hojo and this one?

Sorry guys---I am a PITA!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast