• ** - Didn't Like

1 3.57%
  • * - Issues

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

I don't think I can help here. I have stayed at both, but my Ho-Jo visit was so long ago that my opinion is 10 years outdated.

At the time I remember freeway noise and hearing the ice machine. The room seemed old and dirty.

I've heard it's pretty nice now.

Of course, not Hilton-nice, but also not Hilton-price.

How much time do you usually spend in the room?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I called this hotel today and they have newly renovated rooms that have balconies....the price is nearly double what I have for Hojo, however, I'd pay it if I thought it was SO much nicer.

Scubabe..you've stayed at both...which would you choose?? Between the "home office" room at Hojo and this one?

Sorry guys---I am a PITA!!!!!!!
    The home office and room I stayed in was about 3 years ago. The hilton was about a year ago. The rooms were about the same. I would stay in whatever one is cheaper as long as I did not get stuck in the crappy sky lighted room at hojo's.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    How much time do you usually spend in the room?

That's a good point, but the time that we do spend in the room, I don't want to spend it chasing down cockroaches or wondering what kind of stain is on the furniture that I am sitting on. (eeewwwww!!!)

That's not the case of Hojo's, but it was the case of our stay at the Castle Inn, which AAA rated three diamonds!

Boy did they get an earfull from me!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    That's a good point, but the time that we do spend in the room, I don't want to spend it chasing down cockroaches or wondering what kind of stain is on the furniture that I am sitting on. (eeewwwww!!!)

That's not the case of Hojo's, but it was the case of our stay at the Castle Inn, which AAA rated three diamonds!

Boy did they get an earfull from me!
    that was also the case at the candlewood, but we knew it was blood on the mattress and pet stains on the carpet. Well, we thought they were pet stains due to the room smelled like dirty dog.

• Banned User

Just got this hotel for $50 a night on Priceline. Figured I'd try it out and see how it is. I sure hope I don't regret my decision, because it's paid for now. I WILL slip money, if necessary, as we get in at 4:30 PM at Long Beach airport. Ugh! May have to take an earlier flight to ensure a nicer room.

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Just got this hotel for $50 a night on Priceline. Figured I'd try it out and see how it is. I sure hope I don't regret my decision, because it's paid for now. I WILL slip money, if necessary, as we get in at 4:30 PM at Long Beach airport. Ugh! May have to take an earlier flight to ensure a nicer room.
    Hehe!

BTW - How do you "slip" money to someone without it seeming pushy, like you EXPECT them to upgrade you? Anyone know?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Wait - J, did you switch hotels now? So you aren't at the HoJo anymore? You crack me up!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Okay Janine, you and I are at the same hotel now! I booked it for $48 last week! Are you staying there for your entire visit? If you need to find me early morning on the 4th, I'll be at Starbucks!

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    Okay Janine, you and I are at the same hotel now! I booked it for $48 last week! Are you staying there for your entire visit? If you need to find me early morning on the 4th, I'll be at Starbucks!
    Hey, Michelle! Don't forget about me! Maybe the Hilton should be our official hotel!

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    Hey, Michelle! Don't forget about me! Maybe the Hilton should be our official hotel!
    You're staying there too?!? Oh wait, maybe I did know that. This is weird. I'm not sure where Simply Mad, Ykiki and Tinkermonkey and family are staying. This is going to be so cool!

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    You're staying there too?!? Oh wait, maybe I did know that. This is weird. I'm not sure where Simply Mad, Ykiki and Tinkermonkey and family are staying. This is going to be so cool!
    I know! Can't wait to meet you all face-to-face!

• Banned User

It is the Sistas official stomping grounds now! We are staying there the whole stay, Tiff. I switched....tried Priceline.com and got it for $50 a night. $19 a night less than Hojo. NOW to hopefully get upgraded to the redone rooms. If not....I will pray it's nice in the NOT upgraded rooms!!!!

We've been staying at Hilton hotels for over 10 years, and have a lot points with them. I hope they take that into consideration!!

Michelle....I won't be up early in the morning! haha! Mark and I always sleep in on vacation. So, if you don't see me at DL before noon...don't be surprised! ha!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Tinkermonkey family - del sol, Simply Kiki family (or should it be Y Mad? ) are at the DLH. But you can bring me Starbucks on Sunday morning!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Tinkermonkey family - del sol, Simply Kiki family (or should it be Y Mad? ) are at the DLH. But you can bring me Starbucks on Sunday morning!
    Tiffany - We originally had ressies at Del Sol. We have never stayed there before and were worried about it so changed hotels (plus Hilton was cheaper for us). Have you stayed at Del Sol before?

Wish we could stay at DLH!

• Circle of Ancients

We priceline all the time in anaheim, and have probably gotten about 8 to 10 different hotels. Without a doubt, the Anaheim Hilton is our LEAST favorite. The beds are uncomfortable, the parking garage is stupid and they have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast