• ** - Didn't Like

1 3.57%
  • * - Issues

3 10.71%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    We've been staying at Hilton hotels for over 10 years, and have a lot points with them. I hope they take that into consideration!!
    If you pricelined, they will NOT take that into consideration. Your booking is not through Hilton and is pre-paid through priceline.

The only hotel I've stayed at using priceline where you could upgrade was the Hyatt on Chapman/Harbor. You can usually upgrade to a suite/kids-suite for $50 per night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If you pricelined, they will NOT take that into consideration. Your booking is not through Hilton and is pre-paid through priceline.

The only hotel I've stayed at using priceline where you could upgrade was the Hyatt on Chapman/Harbor. You can usually upgrade to a suite/kids-suite for $50 per night.
    I'll let you know if it works. They said they are not very full that week, so, here's hoping.

I DID buy the Priceline insurance where you can cancel and only pay $5.00 a day. Don't know how much of a hassle this would be to actually enforce.

• Circle of Ancients

I DID buy the Priceline insurance where you can cancel and only pay $5.00 a day. Don't know how much of a hassle this would be to actually enforce.
    Make sure you read the description of what is a "Cancellable" reason. You can't just call and say "Someone in my family is sick and I need to cancel". According to their policy it has to be

You or a Traveling Companion suffers an unforeseeable Injury, Sickness or death. The Injury or Sickness must be so disabling as to reasonably cause Your trip to be cancelled or interrupted. A Physician must recommend that due to the severity of You or Your Traveling Companion's condition, it is Medically Necessary that You or Your Traveling Companion cancel or interrupt the Trip. You or Your Traveling Companion must be under the direct care and attendance of a Physician;
    Most times we have had to not use the hotel wouldn't qualify for that reason.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

So even though you said you'd never stay at a Hilton again, you're going to stay at this one?

Hope you have a better experience.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Make sure you read the description of what is a "Cancellable" reason. You can't just call and say "Someone in my family is sick and I need to cancel". According to their policy it has to be

Most times we have had to not use the hotel wouldn't qualify for that reason.
    My doctor would write me any kind of note that I needed to help out. I do have a disability and he would happily write me a note. In fact, I have 2 doctors that would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    So even though you said you'd never stay at a Hilton again, you're going to stay at this one?

Hope you have a better experience.
    I know!!!!!!!! That's what I said, and I meant it and then....I bid on Priceline. Thinking I'd get something else, and got tossed into a HILTON!!!! Wouldn't you know? And, believe me, when the point stretchers for Hilton are out for the spring...I WILL use my points for a free stay at their hotels. I have enough for at least 3-4 free nights. Maybe I should say I will never stay at HOMEWOOD SUITES, (owned by Hilton) because it was there that my diamonds were stolen! Hows that?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

My doctor would write me any kind of note that I needed to help out. I do have a disability and he would happily write me a note. In fact, I have 2 doctors that would do it.
    WOW! Isn't that some sort of medical fraud? Since you'd be going on the trip anyway so the doctor would be totally lying about your condition just to get you out of a contract you agreed to. That's pretty a shameful action. If you didn't want that hotel, then you should have directly booked another one.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, I have the Hilton Honors card, and it is useless with a PL reservation.

We've taken advantage of that upgrade. Though our upgrade cost was $40. Probably changes with the number of upgrades available...

• Banned User

WOW! Isn't that some sort of medical fraud? Since you'd be going on the trip anyway so the doctor would be totally lying about your condition just to get you out of a contract you agreed to. That's pretty a shameful action. If you didn't want that hotel, then you should have directly booked another one.
    Well, you aren't my moral police, now are you? Or, maybe you think you are, but, I don't. Sorry!

May I ask why you are busting my chops so much about this whole thing? On the last page you made comment about my saying I'd never stay at Hilton. What gives? Please send a PM if you have an issue. I'd appreciate that a lot!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Yeah, I have the Hilton Honors card, and it is useless with a PL reservation.

We've taken advantage of that upgrade. Though our upgrade cost was $40. Probably changes with the number of upgrades available...
    I may regret this totally...and may come back mad as a wet hen that I booked it via Priceline, but, the upside is that I have 2 other friends staying at that hotel, during the same time. We can all sit around and bitch together about it, if it sucks!!!! I got a Priceline deal on a Sheraton in Santa Monica that was a WONDERFUL experience. So, I tried it again because my friends were getting such killer deals on Priceline. I DID have reservations at Hojo, but, wasn't sure of it...so....I cancelled when I got the Anaheim Hilton.

I plan to bring my own sheets, and buy my own pillows when I arrive in town! That will help me immensely in my comfort level.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Aww I don't have an issue, I was just wondering why you had changed your mind about where to stay, that's all.
    And writing a note that's a lie about a medical condition just seems like a REALLY shady practice to me. That is all. We all have different morals, that just rubbed mine the wrong way I guess. No harm meant!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Banned User

Aww I don't have an issue, I was just wondering why you had changed your mind about where to stay, that's all.
    And writing a note that's a lie about a medical condition just seems like a REALLY shady practice to me. That is all. We all have different morals, that just rubbed mine the wrong way I guess. No harm meant!
    I DO have a medical condition, and, have a handicap placard for my car, etc. They are conditions I am not getting into on here, because it's my private business.

No harm done, but, without getting into a lot of detail about my private life.....it would not be lying or shady to write me the note. How's that?
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 10-31-2007 at 06:27 AM.

• Minion

Well, I will be staying there in 4 days and will give an honest oppinion about it. My friend who I am staying with is a hotel manager in the central coast, so it will be interesting for her oppinion as well!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

I DO have a medical condition, and, have a handicap placard for my car, etc. They are conditions I am not getting into on here, because it's my private business.

No harm done, but, without getting into a lot of detail about my private life.....it would not be lying or shady to write me the note. How's that?
    I just meant... if you were going have your dr. write you a note to get out of the priceline hotel because you wanted to stay at a different hotel. Of course, if your condition prevented you from going on the trip at all, then the drs. note would be telling the truth, so there would be no issue It just sounded like you would have your dr. write you a note to get out of the priceline contract while you stayed at a hotel you liked better. That I do not agree with - that has NOTHING to do w/you having a medical condition. But that's just my opinion. I do hope your stay at the Hilton is satisfactory though.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Circle of Ancients

You will like the Hilton fine. It's a nice hotel, and for $50 a night, it's a steal. I personally just find the beds to be uncomfortable. But that's just because the beds at Doubletree, Crown Plaza and Hyatt are VERY comfy.

• Banned User

I do hope your stay at the Hilton is satisfactory though.
    It will be fine!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast