7 25.00%
  • ** - Didn't Like

1 3.57%
  • * - Issues

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

How is the Anaheim Hilton?

My friend just won this hotel on priceline and wondering how it is! Thanks!

• Minion

Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. It was nice. The employees were helpful and friendly. It is a bit of a hike to DL, but they do offer ART for $3 a day. On the weekend they were running the tram in the Timon lot. When it was running the walk was fast and easy. Here is a link to a thread with some more opinions:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ghlight=hilton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

A beautiful hotel and a very nice stay. I was there the night we invaded Afganistan and, since I couldn't smoke in my room--I got up around 3am, couldn't fall back asleep and decided to go to the pool area and have a cigarette.

I walked out of my room, my hair higher than the ceiling, bags under my eyes, and turned the corner to a bevy of guards. Not normal security either. Men dressed in business suits with ear pluggy bits. Some VIP was in the hotel. I was freaked. They visually followed me to the pool (watched me very intently) and watched me go back afterwards. It was pretty funny in hindsight. By morning, the news had broken, we had invaded.

Whom they were protecting, however, I'll never know.

But if some VIP, with private security, finds it good enough to stay in, so will you. We even watched fireworks launch nightly. They had Krispy Kremes in the basement deli. Fresh coffee booth in the lobby.

If you can get a deal, it is a nice to place, really. However, if you aren't going to use all of the things it is going to offer, why go?

So make sure it has things (the gym, pool, etc.) you are going to use.

peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Minion

Thanks for the info and the link! I get to stay as well, but don't have to pay, so a little mini vacation for me!
    I have been there many times, but never stayed nor have seen the rooms, but it seems nice. We will only be going to DL one day and the day we go we have to drive up to LAX, back to DL, and back to LAX! We have a friend coming in for the day!

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    My friend just won this hotel on priceline and wondering how it is! Thanks!
    Tracy - Do you happen to know how much they got the Hilton for on priceline? Is there a parking fee?

I am thinking of cancelling my ressies with getawaytoday.com and using priceline.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    Tracy - Do you happen to know how much they got the Hilton for on priceline? Is there a parking fee?

I am thinking of cancelling my ressies with getawaytoday.com and using priceline.
    I can find out! I don't think it was very much. Around 50 or so.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

The Hilton's nice. Stayed there last year for a couple of night and was not disappointed in the least. Nice rooms, nice service. Just a nice place overall! Enjoy it!

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Anaheim Hilton has a beautuful ambiance, and more iminties than any other non-Disney hotel in Anaheim. As much as Priceline advertises, they have to put their money where there mouth is where lower rates are concerned. Beam me up, Kirk.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

self parking is $11 a day.

FYI - I just got the Anaheim Hilton for $48 plus tax on priceline for the first Monday in December. I tried it last night from $45 up to $51 without any luck, so go figure. Looking at the hotel's website, I couldn't find any info about a parking fee, but I'm kind of expecting it.

• Loving life!

I just got the Anaheim Hilton for 4 nights during the first week of December for $47/night plus tax. Even with parking and the cancellation fee I am going to have to pay for our getawaytoday ressie, it is the same price I was going to pay for staying at the Del Sol Inn. This will be much nicer for our "no kids" vacation. Woohoo!

Thanks for the heads up, Michelle!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    Looking at the hotel's website, I couldn't find any info about a parking fee, but I'm kind of expecting it.
    Look at post #9.

• no flash photography...

the hotel was nice. i would stay there again. nothing comes to mind that made it especially good or bad.

i think this may have been the hotel with the horrible parking though. We valeted the car, but when we were in the elevator a couple was saying there was no parking and they had to drive around the structure for 30 minutes looking for an open spot.

Thanks Goin. I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes. I'd read somewhere else that it was $17, and I was dreading that, but that is for valet parking.

I stayed there 2 weeks ago for 2 nights. Great hotel... just as good as the Disney properties and I stayed for 50 a night through priceline.

the only complaint i had was the low flow shower.

Oh yea... the walk is about 10 minutes. no need to waste money on the unreliable and overcrowded ART system. even after a long day at the park the walk is easy.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast