20 50.00%
  • *** - OK

6 15.00%
  • ** - Didn't Like

3 7.50%
  • * - Issues

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How is the HOJO across the street from DL???

We just got back from there last night. Here are my thoughts:

We were in building 6 on the first floor. The room was huge and there was a nice patio. It was very clean. The bedspreads were very slippery and always ended up on the floor by the end of the night. There was a folding bed in the closet so my kids didn't have to share a bed (which they loved).

We had a fridge and coffee maker, neither of which we used. The extra sink outside of the bathroom was nice too.

The grounds are very nice and the pool was enjoyed by the kids. There is a second pool that we think was salt water. No one ever really used it and it went to about 8 1/2 ft deep. The kids enjoyed some quiet time in there.

The staff was very fast and friendly. The gift shop was well stocked.

My only complaint was the bed. I do have a bad back and we have a TempraPedic bed so I usually don't have good experiences with hotel beds (except for Marriott beds) but this one was very hard and uncomfortable. One of the reasons we chose HoJo's over the Marriott was that people raved about the beds. I guess we didn't get one of the good rooms...

The walk was a bit long at the end of the day. My kids are older so it wasn't an issue for us but I can see it being an issue for those with little ones.

Would we stay there again?? Aside from the bed issue, yes we would.

Would I recommend it to others?? Yes I would.

Especially for $69/night!

• Disney Night Owl

Re: How is the HOJO across from Disneyland?

I stayed there once and it definitely was not the greatest. I was in one of the older buildings and one morning, I heard water leaking. There was a leak going straight into the heater of the room. Then small pieces of plaster kept falling when the leak got bigger. We told them in the morning and when we got back late after Disneyland had closed, our beds were not made up or anything. They did apologize and said they had planned on moving us to a new room. We did get a discount but boy was that room a mess from that nasty leak!

Plus even though it is pretty close, I didn't feel it was close enough. Then again, I didn't own a pair of Crocs at this time, lol.

I am positive the hotel has gotten much much better after the remodeling. We just chose to stay there at a bad time.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

On our second visit we stayed at the HoJo. We were booked into the tower closest to the freeway (great fireworks view)....but....small town girl vs freeway noise yeek. Front desk was very accomodating at 3:15 and found us a poolside room in one of the smaller bungalpw buildings. Much better...no noise! Food next door was to die for. 10 min walk to the park. Great value.
    I a, booked into Disneyalnd Hotel for Feb 08. Hope I don't regret shelling out the extra dollars this time!

• Delawarean Girl

Hello, I'm thinking of booking to this one for my next trip to Disneyland. Do you, know if this one is called Best Western - Anaheim Inn? I just wanted to make sure this is the one across the street.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The HoJo's is officially known as "Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Anaheim".

The Best Western Anaheim Inn is near the Pedestrian crossing, not the closest, as the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn are the two right across the street from the pedestrian crossing. The BW Anaheim Inn is just south of the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, so very close.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The HoJo's is officially known as "Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Anaheim".

The Best Western Anaheim Inn is near the Pedestrian crossing, not the closest, as the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn are the two right across the street from the pedestrian crossing. The BW Anaheim Inn is just south of the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, so very close.
    Thank you for the information and for clearing that up.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Hello, I'm thinking of booking to this one for my next trip to Disneyland. Do you, know if this one is called Best Western - Anaheim Inn? I just wanted to make sure this is the one across the street.
    Hayley,

Here is a website that shows the locations of the various nearby hotels so you have an idea of where each one is.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Hope it helps.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Hayley,

Here is a website that shows the locations of the various nearby hotels so you have an idea of where each one is.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Hope it helps.
    oh, that is so wonderful. Thank you pratt. I quickly bookmark this. This will be a big help. Thank you so much.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I've stayed there a couple of times, it was ok, just okay.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Well I just booked my room for exactly 1 year in advance for the $59 Entertainment book rate(2 queens, poo lview). Am really happy as this will be our spring break next year and finding good deals during this time is tough. I have concluded after roughly 10 months of exhaustive research that this is the best deal to be had in Disneyland. For us anyway ;-) Having a fridge, a big jacuzzi that is open 'till midnight, and close enough to walk easily were all big plusses. they also have conistently good feedback and are #4 out of 100 on Trip advisor, #24 on the top 30 best bargains in the Unofficial Guide. There's also free parking and internet. It would have been fun to watch Hotwire and perhaps ultimately bid on Priceline but cannot justify that when this deal is for grabs.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

Quote Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
    Well I just booked my room for exactly 1 year in advance for the $59 Entertainment book rate(2 queens, poo lview). Am really happy as this will be our spring break next year and finding good deals during this time is tough. I have concluded after roughly 10 months of exhaustive research that this is the best deal to be had in Disneyland. For us anyway ;-) Having a fridge, a big jacuzzi that is open 'till midnight, and close enough to walk easily were all big plusses. they also have conistently good feedback and are #4 out of 100 on Trip advisor, #24 on the top 30 best bargains in the Unofficial Guide. There's also free parking and internet. It would have been fun to watch Hotwire and perhaps ultimately bid on Priceline but cannot justify that when this deal is for grabs.
    We visted this HoJo last month. We were impressed with the grounds and public areas. It felt like a resort. The room was nice and it was clean.

It looks just gorgeous- thanks for the pics.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

• Disney Geek

I have stayed there 3 times. The rooms are clean, and you can get a good price if you barter before you make your reservation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    We visted this HoJo last month. We were impressed with the grounds and public areas. It felt like a resort. The room was nice and it was clean.

What building is this??? Looks pretty new and nice. Is it SUPER clean???

Thanks!!!

• Banned User

Re: How is the HOJO across the street from DL???

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    What does that mean? haha! Comfortable for what it is. What type of bedding??? Does it have hotel comforters??? And, are the beds comfortable? Is it CLEAN? I am a clean freak with hotels! ha!
    bring a ultraviolet light then and be amazed at what is left behind in hotel rooms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast