Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Loving life!

Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

With Priceline, you can pretty much assume that anything 3.5* and up is going to have a parking fee and/or resort fee. I always keep that in mind when bidding.

As far as the Hilton goes, some of the reviews aren't good but we had a great experience there and so do our friends. In fact, I would say that their front desk staff were second to none! Their rooms and decor are outdated but very clean.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Oh that Hilton is SO nice. SO nice. I have asthma, so I called and explained and asked if they could put a note on our reservation to have us stay in one of their newly renovated rooms. SO nice. Our room was on the same level as the pool and we actually had a locking sliding door that led right out to the pool area. The beds were supreme... I'm talking super comfy and they had a Starbucks in the lobby that isn't very much more expensive than the regular Starbucks' prices. The walk from the Hilton is quick too... you walk along the side of the hotel (by the convention center), cross the street, walk about half way through the parking lot (The one right behind ToT) and then hop right on the tram.

I love that hotel!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Is it summer yet???

We've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orange on Harbor (says Garden Grove, but it's right down the street) 3 times in the past month - $45 one time and $42 twice. It's $15 to park but sometimes they forget to charge you!
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

GoofyWife, you reminded me of something about the Hilton... we had a van that we couldn't park in their garage so they didn't charge us for parking.

• Linda Williams

Smile Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by tmh331 View Post
    We just booked the Anaheim Hilton (on convention way) for $56/night for 11/16 - 11/22. I'm a little discouraged as with Priceline there is no way of knowing if you will be subject to additional fee's (like $15/night parking). That puts us at $71/night which is not such a good deal.

The upside (I will always find a upside) is I d generally prefer Hilton Branded hotels, so at least I know we will get a good nights rest (I love their beds - although I have not heard the best things about this particular hotel).
    Why don't you check out that Hiltons website? Most decent hotels (and some not so decent) have sites where you can get all that extra info. I research everything and seldom find a place with no web presence these days.
    ....If you can dream it, you can do it.--Walt Disney

Em Eye See, Kay Eee Why, Em Oh You Es Eee!

Are you a Disney Goddess? Me too! Check out my new T-shirt design here:

http://www.zazzle.com/Disney_goddess...88578286472471

• Linda Williams

I was wondering if anyone would have an idea what chain and price range you get with Priceline on four star hotels?
    I'm trying to figure how much of a splurge I can do!

• Is it summer yet???

When you're on the bidding page, you can click on the 4 stars and get a list of "some" of the chains that participate. There's also a site that you can go to and see winning bids in certain areas. BiddingForTravel.com - Message Board - Yuku Click on California and pick your area. In the Disney area, it shows Hyatt Regency Newport Beach as a 4* and winning bids are between $55 and $65 per night.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGoddess View Post
    Why don't you check out that Hiltons website? Most decent hotels (and some not so decent) have sites where you can get all that extra info. I research everything and seldom find a place with no web presence these days.
    I'm not sure we are talking to the same point. I am very aware of every hotel in the area and the service they provide. My point with priceline was simply when you bid you may end up getting a hotel that charges for extra fee's which you will be required to pay on top of your bid price (In my opinion, this is a big negative for priceline). In essence, you may bid for a $55 fee and after paying the required "extra" fee's you may really end up spending much more.... In my case, due to the required parking fee, the price will actually be 26% higher than I bid.....
    Last edited by tmh331; 10-24-2008 at 07:53 AM.

• Linda Williams

Thumbs up Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    When you're on the bidding page, you can click on the 4 stars and get a list of "some" of the chains that participate. There's also a site that you can go to and see winning bids in certain areas. BiddingForTravel.com - Message Board - Yuku Click on California and pick your area. In the Disney area, it shows Hyatt Regency Newport Beach as a 4* and winning bids are between $55 and $65 per night.
    That's a good price! Thanks so much for checking that for me! I've never used Priceline and I'm kinda scared of it!

• Linda Williams

Quote Originally Posted by tmh331 View Post
    I'm not sure we are talking to the same point. I am very aware of every hotel in the area and the service they provide. My point with priceline was simply when you bid you may end up getting a hotel that charges for extra fee's which you will be required to pay on top of your bid price (In my opinion, this is a big negative for priceline). In essence, you may bid for a $55 fee and after paying the required "extra" fee's you may really end up spending much more.... In my case, due to the required parking fee, the price will actually be 26% higher than I bid.....
    All righty then.........I didn't know you knew all the hotels. Just trying to help.......

Well, since you know all the hotels and (since you seem to know a bit about Priceline) that they propabably charged for parking and whatnot, wouldn't you factor those extra charges into what you decided to bid?

That's what I do. If you go into the bidding prepared, you won't be dissapointed.

• Circle of Ancients

We got the Hyatt this weekend for $52 a night.

• Linda Williams

Well, now we're thinking of going to WDW instead of DL. Anybody know how well Priceline works on a four star in or around Orlando?

• Pilot EdForceOne

check out the biddingfortravel site to see what hotels are common in that area
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Well, since you know all the hotels and (since you seem to know a bit about Priceline) that they propabably charged for parking and whatnot, wouldn't you factor those extra charges into what you decided to bid?

That's what I do. If you go into the bidding prepared, you won't be dissapointed.
    AGAIN my point was to inform others that what appears to be a good deal may loose it's luster once all the fee's get attached. It it is not a matter of going into it knowing you may have extra fee's - the POINT IS you may get hit with extra fees - basically you don't know your pricing until the hotel is selected - Which IMO is a negative to priceline.

Certainly if you want to go into thinking you may get a $12 parking fee and also another $10 resort or whatever extra required fee's may be a possiblity, but at this point you are basically going into thinking you will pay a price comprible to the normal hotel price, and you don't even get to pick your location.....But hey, whatever floats your boat!
    Last edited by tmh331; 10-30-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast