Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

I've even had it happen where I have been rejected, and then priceline tells me that if I increase the bid by a certain amount, I will get a hotel.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I use Priceline and Hotwired all the time. You just need to be careful about star rating and location.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You can't just increase your bid and bid again immediately - PL doesn't allow it. If you want to do that alone, you must wait 24hrs.

Is this something fairly new?

I haven't used PL for about 5 months, but I know that I have never waited a day to re-bid. I just hit the back button, put in a higher amount, then wait for the response.

Worked every time.

Maybe I'm missing something???

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I've even had it happen where I have been rejected, and then priceline tells me that if I increase the bid by a certain amount, I will get a hotel.

Yeah, that happened to me once.

I ended up getting the Doubletree that time for $56.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

FYI we got that Extended stay using Hotwire. It was a decent place but fairly far from the park.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Brrr...its cold out there

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    FYI we got that Extended stay using Hotwire. It was a decent place but fairly far from the park.
    Thats right ! That was not too bad, it was $39 a night right ? Once I finally found it !

• Banned User

I bid on 3.5 stars, and bid $50. (Priceline) I got Hilton Anaheim, which is under renovations, and part of them will be done in November. I don't arrive til December. I figure this is whey they are accepting bids, because they are under construction. Ugh.

• no flash photography...

yes, that's what happened to me on my last priceline adventure.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

This happens a lot. For example you bid $50 and Priceline comes back with no hotels but then will tell you that if you bid $58 right now your bid will be accepted. According to other tip sites they say to decline it because if you just add another area that does not have that level, i.e, your bidding 3* Disneyland, you can just add Seal Beach and increase your bid slightly like $2 then according to tipsters you will get a hotel.

As Sirclinks has said, it takes some research to get the best deal.

• I am number 4 of 999

I don't like the idea of not knowing where I'm staying until I pay. And if I need to have(read:RENT) a car to stay there or take a shuttle, I might as well just pay to know where I'm staying, and know that I'm close.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Yeah, that happened to me once.

I ended up getting the Doubletree that time for $56.
    Sounds like the old bait and switch 'Sorry sir, we don't have that $10 model you are after, but I do have this $18 model right here which will do just the same!'

That looks like a closer move for their counteroffer - I'd still go back and rebid my increment. There is no reason for them to return their lowest price in their counter-offer - meaning you can still get it cheaper.

But with everything, its all a matter of how much you are willing to spend time and effort over. It may not be worth struggling over $4 if its one night
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I don't like the idea of not knowing where I'm staying until I pay. And if I need to have(read:RENT) a car to stay there or take a shuttle, I might as well just pay to know where I'm staying, and know that I'm close.
    The defined regions (for DLR in PL) are quite narrowly focused to the park. You don't have to worry about being placed so far out you must have a car. Of course that will vary by location where you are traveling to and of course your flexibility will alway play a role in that.

For instance, if I'm going on a trip to a convention where the convention is in a specific hotel and I have no plans on going anywhere else, the extra money paid to the 'full rate' to ensure I'm at the hotel and can just walk downstairs is worth it. But in other times, I know I'll be driving anyways (because I have to go visit customers, etc) then I have no real fixation for a certain hotel and using Hotwire or PL are big money savers.

In the case of DLR, the regions are so well defined to the park, and I don't mind walking, so which exact hotel is not as important as long as it meets my criteria. In this case, PL or Hotwire work well and you save a ton.

I saved enough on my hotel alone on my trip to DLR to pay for my park tickets.

The uncertainty is uncomfortable until you try it a few times. Do it with a trip when you have flexibility and you'll realize its not bad at all.

On our last trip to WDW, Avis wanted $600/week for a MiniVan. Using Hotwire I got Avis for about $220/week. That's huge.

I almost always use HW for cars and hotels when on business travel. I don't use the sites for airtravel myself simply because I don't have enough flexibility typically on the flights and I like to accumulate miles on certain carriers.

I primarily use Hotwire, but have used PL for DLR because Hotwire's results for me that time weren't too enticing.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

We usually like to get a suite when we go to DL, do you know if you can request this when using priceline.com or hotwire.com?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Not typically. You can possibly get the Hilton Suites with Priceline, but you can't specifically request a suite.

Alot of hotels however will allow you to upgrade to a Suite after you priceline. You can just call the hotel directly, tell them you booked a room via priceline and if you can upgrade to a suite.

Better yet, call the hotels listed in the first post and ask if they will let you upgrade to a suite through them if you book through priceline for your initial room-rate.

You will pay more than just the priceline room, but potentially pay less than the full price of the suite.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got the Crown Plaza this saturday for $50.

Not bad for a holiday weekend.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast