Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Last Saturday: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (the one on Manchester).

Not bad. Not so sure if it's 3 stars, but it was clean and comfy and no loud neighbors this time. Can't beat the price for $50.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I bid yesterday for Nov 30 - Dec 3 (3 nights) First bid of $41 declined, added Buena Park and upped it to $43 declined.

24 hours later tried again, started with a bid of $42 and was again declined but counter offered to add $12, I declined. Re-bid adding Buena Park and $43 and won. We got the Crowne Plaza for $43 a night + tax/service fees of 24.90 for a total of 153.90. Then when we arrive we will also have to pay the 9.00 a day resort fee which includes their private shuttle bus and parking.

Not bad for a grand total of 180.90 for three nights at a 3* hotel that we actually like a lot.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Nice hotel and not a bad price.

Especially considering we are paying $130 for 1 night at the Hilton Suites that same weekend. (we need to guarantee a suite since we have an extra person).

That $9 also includes High Speed Internet.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Should have posted eariler but we have used Priceline 3 times and have not been disappointed. we landed the Doubletree in Orange twice which my g/f loves and the staff has always been more than helpfull. Our last trip during halloween time they bent over backwards and changed our room because I questioned about no fridge. I called down just to ask and next thing I know they were at our door with a new room key. Plus we had 4 people in our party(at times) my brother was down for one night and another person spent 3 of the 4 nights there. I thought this might be a problem since we used Priceline and they'd charge us all kinds of extra fee's. Exact opposite. They even gave us free parking for one of the cars. Taking time to b.s. with the on-duty manager about local sports didn't hurt.
    The other hotel we 'won' was Hyatt. A bit closer to the parks but with a car its a non-issue. No complaints. Better pool than Doubletree.
    Even adding parking/resort fee's into budget the hotels are very reasonable.
    I believe our winning bids were all between $50-$60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Of all the hotels we have won over the past two years my top 3 would be:

Hilton Suites - free parking, separate living room/big bedroom/big bathroom
    Crowne Plaza - Nice beds, sleep package is nice, saltwater pool
    Knott's Hotel - Staff was extremely nice, big rooms.

I just got the Anaheim Hilton. Dec 7-9. $50.00 per night. I've stayed there before with a convention so I know it's a pretty nice place. I think then, even with the conventions rates, we paid per night what we are going to get this time for the whole trip. Parking is $12.00 a day, but we are only going two days so we'll live.
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I don't like the idea of not knowing where I'm staying until I pay. And if I need to have(read:RENT) a car to stay there or take a shuttle, I might as well just pay to know where I'm staying, and know that I'm close.

I with you there. After a nice long day at DL as long as there is a shower, and a bed, and I'm safe. Right across the street in a motel is just fine.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Jennith View Post
    I just got the Anaheim Hilton. Dec 7-9. $50.00 per night. I've stayed there before with a convention so I know it's a pretty nice place. I think then, even with the conventions rates, we paid per night what we are going to get this time for the whole trip. Parking is $12.00 a day, but we are only going two days so we'll live.
    Same Dates, Same Price, different hotel. LOL!!!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Last Saturday: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (the one on Manchester).
    We got this Holiday Inn for Sat and Sun Dec 1st and 2nd. Fifty bucks per night.
    Rick

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

This is a fantastic thread! Thank you Sir Clinksalot for starting it and to everyone else for contributing very useful information. Using the information found here, I just got the Anaheim Hilton for $48 on Dec. 8. Does anyone know if the Hilton takes room requests from a Priceline reservation--e.g. non-smoking/smoking preference?

I love finding helpful advice like this.
    MiceChat rocks!

• A Pirate's life for me!

^^^^^^^

Now that you have made your ressy's on PL, call the hotel direct and place your special requests.

As always, subject to availability...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Everything is pretty booked up for NYE. We ended up at the Extended Stay America on Katella Avenue in Orange for $46 a night (Dec 30 - Jan 1) this was through Priceline name your own price.

• Circle of Ancients

Got the Crowne Plaza for $52 for tomorrow night. Need to go say goodbye to HMH and Small World.

• Is it summer yet???

I am a PL freak!! Just ask my good pal, IndianaJenn They should fire Bill Shatner/Denny Crane and hire me!

We used it the first time Labor Day 2002. We used to be able to get Newport Beach Hyatt and Hilton for $25 - on holiday weekends!!

I've gotten rooms in San Diego as well as during Spring Training in Tempe and Phoenix -- Go Angels!! I generally only use PL when I'm familiar with the location (didn't have the guts to try it in Manhattan and Boston last summer, but "might" consider in the future). My median price is generally $45 and I'm extra tickled when we get a hotel that doesn't charge for parking! Most recent acquisition was the Holiday Inn (on Manchester) 12-16 for $50. Very impressed and pleased with location and amenities.

I've only had one bad experience and that was in Anaheim, February of '03. We were attending the Angels' 1st FanFest, that's how I remember the date. I had submitted my request for a 2 1/2 star (that's the lowest I'll typically go) hotel and we were given The Jolly Roger motel! When PL sent me the follow-up (which they often do), I let them know exactly how I felt. I doubt that they are still a PL participant.

And.....if I can convince my daughter to get the day off, I'll probably PL for the Gumball Rally, too!
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Yea!! You're posting!!!

And yes ... GW is the Queen of Priceline. She also, by the way, puts up with me all summer since we share season tickets to the Angels.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast