Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Our NYE experience was a nightmare at the ESA on Katella. We took pictures, sent an email and within 24 hours heard back from the manager who apologized to us and said that the room we were placed in was not supposed to be rented out at all. Since we used Priceline he is sending us a coupon for some comped nights and he said he would upgrade our room. Since it is the ESA all I can think is maybe we will get a kind bed. From now on we will only do 2 1/2 stars also.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I started using Priceline when it first started - and got great deals in Anaheim back then (like the Marriot for about $30 a night, and what used to be the Westcoast Anaheim for about the same).

Those were the days! I haven't gotten as good deals the last few times, but I do need to try for Anaheim in March.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Minion

Just got the Crowne Plaza Garden Grove/ Anaheim resort for 45 Jan 7th-8th for one night. From reading the reviews, it looks like it is a good hotel.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Stayed at the same hotel as the Pratt's over NYE, our room was just fine, and we only paid $39 a night using Hotwire. So we saved money versus Priceline
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Just got the Crowne Plaza Garden Grove/ Anaheim resort for 45 Jan 7th-8th for one night. From reading the reviews, it looks like it is a good hotel.
    For $45 it can't be beat.

•   
    • Senior Minion

A concern for me would the type of room you would be placed in. Will it be a king bed? or two queens, or one double? I assume they only have to have a "room" for you... and that's all. What do people usually get? We have a child, and kinda need to know the bed situation.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    A concern for me would the type of room you would be placed in. Will it be a king bed? or two queens, or one double? I assume they only have to have a "room" for you... and that's all. What do people usually get? We have a child, and kinda need to know the bed situation.
    Both times I called the hotel beforehand and they put in my request for 2 beds and no smoking and both times, the request was followed.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Both times I called the hotel beforehand and they put in my request for 2 beds and no smoking and both times, the request was followed.
    I agree, when I've called, they've always given me what I want (even though they say there are no guarantees).

In the past, when I've called the hotels to request my room configuration, I've been told that "standard Priceline" rooms are doubles (either full or queen depending on the hotel). I haven't called for my last several reservations and we've received King rooms. Fortunately, since it's just the two of us, it doesn't matter if there are two beds or one. Aside from cleanliness, the most important thing to me is that the room be non-smoking. And, since most of the major hotel chains are almost entirely "non-smoking" now , I don't even need to call anymore.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

• Food & Whine Aficianado

In the past, I've had good luck getting a 3-star Priceline Hotel near DL by bidding $42-$56/night (stayed at Hyatt Regency OC a few times, Crown Plaza, Doubletree). I tried booking for the upcoming holiday weekend and kept getting rejected, so decided to expand my search a bit further away (Costa Mesa). I also tried upping the level to 4-stars (there are no 4-star Priceline-affiliated Hotels in the Disneyland area). I ended up getting the Westin South Coast Plaza for $75/night! That's cheaper than some of the rather seedy motels near the park. (And comfier beds than the DLR properties.) Priceline "Name Your Own Price" is awesome!
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Hi. Been lurking here for awhile..:-) We are planning to go on spring break next year, yes I know busier than summer but we are hoping to sort of luck out a little on the crowds since Easter isn't until April 12th next year and my son's break is always the last week of March(we'll do Mon-Fri). I don't want to pull him out of school as it is his last year of highschool and he is autistic.
    Anyway-- that has brought me around to Priceline as the prices jump so much for hotels during the end of March for Spring break but good deals seem to still be had on Priceline.

What is really frustrating for me is how people only bid 3 stars for Disneyland when there are great(I would say better) 2 and a half stars. I am a big fan of BFT and Better Biddding and only see people bidding for 3 stars. Theres a lot of great 2 stars also but I won't bid for a 2 star for fear of getting the Candlewood Suites(scary). So anyway long story short I'm thinking about 6 months out I'm going to start bidding $40 for Disneyland area 2 1/2 star once a day. I probably will just eventually get upgraded to a 3 star but it's worth trying for the 2 1/2's. I also wouldn't mind getting a 3 star at $40 I guess even though we need a fridge-- we can haul our own microwave I guess. Worst case scenario-we'd have the 2 big coolers for food. Well I guess this is a plea for anyone bidding on Priceline to try for the 2 1/2 stars and post them here if you get one ;-) Thanks, Susan

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We are coming to town (I know again, but its my birthday). I decided to try and see what would happen if I bid using 2 Stars for Feb 22 through 24. I bid $35.00 and won. Total cost is $86.70. We will be staying at the Anaheim Maingate Hotel which is now a Red Lion property.

• Circle of Ancients

Nice Pratt!!!

$35 ... can't get much better than that.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I've even had it happen where I have been rejected, and then priceline tells me that if I increase the bid by a certain amount, I will get a hotel.
    This happened to me once and What I did was increase my bid by 1/2 of what they said to get the hotel and then use a second Priceline account that is in my wifes name and use her credit card. We got the room.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We are coming to town (I know again, but its my birthday). I decided to try and see what would happen if I bid using 2 Stars for Feb 22 through 24. I bid $35.00 and won. Total cost is $86.70. We will be staying at the Anaheim Maingate Hotel which is now a Red Lion property.
    I did a little research on that one because someone else got it for the same price and reported it on Bidding for travel and it looks nice. If people keep getting this instead of the Candlewood it looks like it would be safe to bid in the 2 star zone. BTW the worst thing I remember about reviews for the Candlewood (they get the one on Garden Grove) was it was a long way from Disneyland without any ART access but it looks like it has an ART stop now. Having a full kitchen wold be nice for us-- dunno if I'm willing to give up a jacuzzi though. But Anaheim Maingate looks good- looks like it has a nice pool, can't tell if there's a jacuzzi or not-- the restaurant and bar look fun.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
    I did a little research on that one because someone else got it for the same price and reported it on Bidding for travel and it looks nice. If people keep getting this instead of the Candlewood it looks like it would be safe to bid in the 2 star zone. BTW the worst thing I remember about reviews for the Candlewood (they get the one on Garden Grove) was it was a long way from Disneyland without any ART access but it looks like it has an ART stop now. Having a full kitchen wold be nice for us-- dunno if I'm willing to give up a jacuzzi though. But Anaheim Maingate looks good- looks like it has a nice pool, can't tell if there's a jacuzzi or not-- the restaurant and bar look fun.
    Be careful when going below 3 stars. Several years ago, we got the Jolly Roger!! I'm not sure if they are still a Priceline participant or not. If not, then I'd do it but if so, I'd only do it our of desperation. I gave them a horrible review on my survey. Hopefully Priceline pulled them.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast