Thread: CCI or BWPPI

CCI or BWPPI

I am planning a trip in January and I think I have finally ruled out DH due to price, so I am considering CCI or BWPPI.

Our last stay was at BWPPI and was generally positive, but I was not very fond of the free breakfast there. My husband thought it was fine and really liked the short walk. We have a 5 and 7 year old.

We never ventured to the pool at BWPPI. How is it?

My husband thinks we should stick with the known quantity and he is a little concerned about the longer walk. Is it about 5 minutes difference?

I would appreciate a slight upgrade in the breakfast buffet and perhaps a little more comfortable accomodations.

Any thoughts you would have to settle this would be appreciated! I am spending way too much time trying to decide where to stay this trip.

• Loving life!

Re: CCI or BWPPI

CCI has its very own shuttle so no need to worry about the walk. I have never stayed at either CCI or BWPPI but from what I understand, the quality at CCI exceeds that of BWPPI. I have never read a bad review of CCI.

Have you checked out tripadvisor.com? CCI is the #2 hotel in Anaheim; BWPPI is #15.

Hope this helps you out!

Smile Re: CCI or BWPPI

Yes, I have read the great reviews on Trip Advisor, but I was hoping to get some feedback from travelers who had tried both hotels. I know about the shuttle, but I would rather not be dependent on a shuttle schedule.

• For You!

The Candy Cane is awesome. The breakfast is large and we always took extra boxes of cereal for my kids to munch on at the parks.

The walking distance isn't bad, and the shuttle is there often - I don't think we ever had to wait more than 10 minutes.

My mom is a travel agent, and she always puts her school groups at CCI - just because of it's convenience, closeness and cleanliness. Also, there's a little convenience store right next to it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

We just got back from CCI(Nov 5th & 6th). It was very comfortable and very clean. We loved the soft beds and comforters. The room wasn't huge like at DLH. But we felt very safe and secure there. The breakfast was ok cereal, muffins, bagels,donuts, fruit , juice, hot chocolate, coffee,tea and milk. the shuttle was nice especially after a long day at DL and DCA. We will stay there again in June 2008. I would highly recommend it. It does have a nice pool and a hair dryer, iron and frig. You can't go wrong at CCI.
    c:/eyore_moon.jpg

• Defying gravity

Sorry I'm a little late getting into this thread...but my parents and I have stayed at both places. For years, we stayed at Park Place, before switching to the Candy Cane in 2005. We will never go back! Candy Cane is so nice and intimate, they have a shuttle, free breakfast, and the most comfortable beds ever!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Late too - but I loved staying at the CCI. And it was only a 10 minute walk to the park, I never tried the shuttle.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Since I work for the Best Western offices here in Phoenix... guess where I usually try and stay... lol Though I will say this... I have stayed in all 4 of the Stovalls Owned properties (BW Park Place Inn, Anaheim Inn, Stovalls Inn, and Pavillions) and I have found them to have excellent service all around... Now the breakfast does meet the standards Best Western does ask of all hotels but while it does meet the standards, I wont lie when I think that most hotels should step it up and maybe include a little little more extras like some hot items (waffle stations, omelettes, some bacon/sausage) that a lot of our other hotels nationwide choose to include, but with so many restaurants around there and the hotel offering a nice "free" continental breakfast at the Park Place and Stovalls I found the fact a free breakfast was there to be welcoming before dashing right into the parks... plus fresh fruit, danishes, hard boiled eggs and something light are a nice little extra to start off your day since usually I dont eat until the park starts getting busier at 11am anyways...

just with this thread as well, the competition in hotel revenue between all hotels in the Anaheim are is very close and can sometimes be down to the specific type and items included in their breakfast and the amenities a hotel may offer since there are so many different brands and hotel chains who have more than one hotel just in the Disneyland area! But since I work for Best Western, I stay with them and have an excellent stay everytime I make it down to Disneyland!

keep in mind on my stays at the Pavillions and Anaheim Inn I didnt recall having a free continental breakfast but I did receive vouchers for the next door restaurants for a discount off the menu items... Out of the 4 properties they have I preferred the Park Place due to the fact that they have close location to the park and a restaurant right next to the hotel (which is where they hold the breakfast in the upstairs area of the restaurant) and if you dont like the breakfast the restaurant is downstairs serving menu items too though I have not had it so I dont know what it was like.

Also, if you are taking a car to either the BW Park Place Inn or Anaheim Inn bear in mind that due to the way the hotels were built back then, parking can sometimes be scarce and there is a wall that separates the back of the hotels on the Harbor Corridor from whatever else is behind them, so it was not uncommon for me to try and move my car out of the parking lot making an 8 point turn to manuver back out (theres only one way into their hotel and one way out). Stovalls also can be this way however there is quite a bit more room between both of their buildings and if you park on the side by the pool and cocos there are 2 entrances in and out.

also I have to say the staff I have encountered at all of the hotels were very nice and accommodating and never encountered any problems with the rooms, however I was too busy enjoying the parks and having fun to even spend my time in the hotel room anyways... however I will say this... I work in the customer care department and I hear everything upon everything about all of our hotels nationwide... I can definitely say that when I do the job I do dealing with travelers who have difficulties with either the accommodations or service with any of our properties nationwide I never let the comments I hear get in the way of trying out the hotel for myself. It would be the same thing as a guest relations or City hall CM basing their opinions on the parks from the day to day comments they hear.... I more or less have realized that when we travel (myself included) theres a lot of stress, sometimes you can get tired, sometimes you can get cranky, and sometimes any little thing can upset you... and for myself after an 8 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix to Anaheim with some friends in the car everyone dozing off but me and nothing but brown dirt, sand, and desert between Phoenix and Orange county... I can get that way too... but the drive is so so worth it! Overall I love the Best Western properties that are along either Harbor or Katella especially since either of them is within walking distance.

Oh and if the Park Place is not available or sold out, try the BW Anaheim inn, they are owned by the same people and they offer a similar experience to the park place... usually if I cant get into both of those properties, I would try and go with the BW Stovalls on Katella which is a larger property and also owned by the same people... While it is on the back of the parks, its still not too bad of a walk... to get to the parks simply walk right down Disneyland drive by the paradise pier hotel and when you reach the light, you can either cut through the Grand Californian hotel or walk around the AMC and walk through all of Downtown Disney which since youre walking through downtrown disney it would be in all actuality no different than making the walk from the Paradise pier hotel to the parks!

I know this was lengthy but theres a good old biased opinion towards the BW Park Place Inn and the other hotels they own

• Little Miss Sunshine

I actually ended up with a great rate through Kayak on one of the BW's you mentioned for an upcoming trip. ($65 per night plus taxes and whatever the tiny fee was).

I would have loved to stay at CCI again, but couldn't afford to this trip.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I actually ended up with a great rate through Kayak on one of the BW's you mentioned for an upcoming trip. ($65 per night plus taxes and whatever the tiny fee was).

I would have loved to stay at CCI again, but couldn't afford to this trip.
    Well I hope you have a good stay... I personally like the locations of all the properties more than anything and 65 is a good rate... the best part is all of them are at least within walking distance... I usually only stay with that Best Western even when I go off to San Diego or wherever I take a road trip to... because working for the main office... You kinda get employee discounts when the hotels have them available... sadly since the Park Place is their prime hotel they own they sometimes dont have one open the date I always look to go but the BW Anaheim Inn usually does and if the Park Place has it for me its usually 59.00 per night compared to the BW Stovalls which sometimes can be 39.00 per night with the discount... it more or less depends on the season and whether availability is there but I have found for myself I usually choose the Stovalls because it actually pays to stay on the back side since you save more and if you dont mind the walk it isnt too bad.... but it seriously pays to be working for a hotel chain... just as much as it paid my sister to be working with the airlines (she would literally get free flights and other things)... but needless to say with the cheap cheap rates I get... I just cant really stay anywhere else