• Super Genius

Hotels in walking distance of DLR

I left out Disneyland Hotel because everyone knows about it.

One of the times that I wen I went, just before I left to go home, I set out on foot and got cards from the hotels on Harbor from Katella to a little bit north of the 5. Then Katella from Harbor to just past Disneyland Drive. Strange that Disneyland doesn't have all of these on their website. The hotel names are linked to their websites.

I have 16 on my list that are in walking distance. My whole list is much longer. I have an additional 27 that are not in walking distance but they are however on the
    ART line.

I just don't think the admins would like me posting the entire list of 43 hotels that would be quite a long message.

Everyone has different ideas of what "walking distance" is. But to try to help as much as I can, 600 W Katella is the corner of Katella and S Harbor, and 1100 W Katella is W Katella and Disneyland Dr./West St (a ¼ to ½ mile walk from that intersection to the Disneyland hotel monorail boarding. I don't know how far it is directly to the main gate), so an address range of 600-1100 W Katella runs between Harbor and Disneyland Drive.
    I would recommend creating a folder and call it Disneyland lodging or words to that effect. In my case I have a "Disneyland" folder in my favorites, and Lodging is a subfolder. Then, put these in the folder. If you'd like I can export this folder as an HTML file so you can import it. If you don't know how to do that, I can teach you.

The first two hotels are right across the street from the maingate and also have low rates considering their proximity. Try those two first. The rest are listed alphabetically.

Park Vue Inn <---- call this one first, they have the lowest rates of the walking distance motels.
    1570 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-334-7021

Anaheim Plaza Hotel
    1700 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-631-3144

Best Western Anaheim Inn
    1630 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-854-8175 x1

Best Western Park Place Inn
    1544 S Harbor
    1-800-854-8175 714-776-4800

Candy Cane Inn
    1747 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-345-7057

Carousel Inn
    1530 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-854-6767 714-758-0444

Castle Inn
    1734 S Harbor
    1-800-CASTLE-0 (1-800-227-8530)

Desert Inn <--- next best deal after the Park Vue
    1600 S Harbor
    1-800-433-5270 714-772-5050

Desert Palms
    631 W Katella & Harbor
    1-888-788-0466

Fairfield Inn
    1460 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-403-3818 714-772-6777

Howard Johnson's
    1380 S Harbor
    714-776-6120

Jolly Roger Inn
    640 W Katella
    1-888-296-5986 714-782-7500

Park Inn
    1520 S Harbor
    1-800-670-7275

Portofino Inn & Suites
    1831 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-398-3963 714-782-7600

Radisson Hotel Maingate
    1850 S Harbor
    1-800-624-6855 714-750-2801

Ramada Maingate
    1650 S Harbor Blvd
    1-800-854-6097 1-800-422-4402

Ramada
    Ramada Plaza
    515 W Katella
    714-991-6868
    Last edited by MikeChat; 01-17-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• Mischievous Mouse

Re: Hotels in walking distance of DLR

Nice listing, We've stayed at The Carousel Inn a couple times, nxt time we are staying at The Best Western. Close is better for us, when we finally get burned-out we want to be close to a cot. Also one year my daughter was feeling ill, we took her back to the room, let her sleep in off, we were comforted that we were only minutes away and left her a cell phone just in case. 2/3 of the price of the interior hotels, and when we are at DL we only sleep, shower and change and then we are right back out. So it really doesn't matter to us.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• A Pirate's life for me!

DO NOT stay at the Castle Inn.

Unless of course, you enjoy sleeping with cockroaches, sparking electrical outlets, stains of unknown origin on the furniture, the lack of available parking stalls, and rude/uncaring hotel employee's.

You've been warned!

• Princess of my own world

My family and I have always stayed at the Ramada Inn Maingate. I think it's a good hotel and really nice it's so close to Disneyland. They also have a continental breakfast in the morning.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

I swear by the Alpine Inn. It is 1 minute walking distance to the Timon parking Lot. Hop on a tram and were there. Rooms are clean, price is fair. I pay about 70/night for off season. I like it a lot. I'm going to CRY when DCA puts in Carland and I lose my nice hotel.
    Last time my room was right above the parking booth--I could hear them talking!!! Its that close!

If you query Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels, you will get a listing of all the hotels reccommended by Disney. To be part of the Good Neighbor program they must meet Disney standards. You can also book these resort as a Disney Package. Any questions regarding packages please feel free to e-mail me..

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

What I don't understand about the whole "good neighbor" concept is how a hotel can no longer be on that list and still have the logo at their hotel and on their website. It is all very confusing to me.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Disney Night Owl

It's such a shame about Castle Inn and Suites because I used to stay there years ago. However nowadays I constantly hear about just how horrible it is. Even when in the Desert Inn hotel lobby, a family came in horrified from what they saw at Castle Inn & Suites and begged for a room at the Desert Inn.

My recommendation is always the Desert Inn. It's real affordable and mega close.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I use this site to get a visual idea of where all the hotels are that are considered to be in walking distance.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Has anyone stayed at Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites?
    I know I'm asking about a million and one places, but I want to make sure there have been decent or above average experiences.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Book Fever View Post
    Has anyone stayed at Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites?
    I know I'm asking about a million and one places, but I want to make sure there have been decent or above average experiences.
    Never stayed there, but it seems that the Islander has gooten decent reviews over at TripAdvisor...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• 'splosions

The Anabella Hotel is a 15 minute walk from here to the Esplenade. We're right behind DCA on Katella and it's super easy and safe to walk back and forth. i do it all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Never stayed there, but it seems that the Islander has gooten decent reviews over at TripAdvisor...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html
    Well, this is where I will be staying for my trip so I'll do my best to report back to y'all in Mid-December. Thank you for all of the assistance Darkbeer and everyone else who has tried to help me plan my 3 day getaway.