8 36.36%
  • * - Issues

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Inn?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Castle Inn?

^^ I stayed at the Del Sol at the beginning of December thru getawaytoday.com and got a GREAT rate. It wasn't the "best" hotel in terms of pretty stuff and it is in a U shape with the parking in the center of the "U" and if internet is important to you, forget this place. They made huge promises to us about internet availability and we ended up walking to the Grand Cal and using their business center one day for my husband to check in with work stuff. But I was seriously impressed by their proximity. It was 6 minutes (no running!) from the green tents to the stairway up to my room! You have Dennys in front of the hotel, IHOP one hotel over (which is seriously jacked up in prices) - the only other negative I can recall for the location was that you have to walk past the hotel that hosts all the "come listen to the vacation club spiel and get a $50 Disney gift card" - it doesn't matter what you say to them, they keep asking you!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

We have stayed there many times, it is a place for you to sleep and to shower, nothing fancy. Also close to the park ( about a 15min walk) so you don't have to pay for parking there or at the park. the only thing we found was the water pressure was not that great. Staff was nice, and most for the time got to check in early.

• I am a Pluto lover

I stayed here in 2006. The staff was not friendly at all. There were roaches and the maids were rude. Loud, ignored the do not disturb sign. I was not the only one who felt this way. It was a family trip and we reserved 6 rooms. We all had the same complaints and the rooms werent even close to each other!

When we got home, I emailed the hotel about my stay and they didnt respond. I even sent my email a second time. Just in case "they didnt get it" still no reply.

I will now only stay at the Park Vue Inn.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lindawdwtravel View Post
    My suggestion would be to query Disney Good Neighbor Hotels. These hotels are part of the Disney Good Neighbor program and must meet Disney standards to stay in the program. You can also book these hotels as Disney Packages. Best way to go if you are not familiar with the resorts. Any travel agent who handles Disney can help you. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me...

Yeah, the site has the Good Neighbor sign....so thats a plus, right?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Hey it's that guy I am.

Yeah this place used to be allright for my family and I but has steadily gone down hill since. Last time I stayed there was for the 50th and well, I don't think I will go back ever again. There was a mystery "thing" on one of the bed spreads, and other problems.

• Disneymom

We normally stay at the Super 8 on Disneyland drive. It is a short walk to the Mickey and Friends parking structure and tram. The rooms are clean and we have never had a problem. They have a continental breakfast that is okay. Nothing special but it gets you thru the morning. But the coolest part was standing on the balcony and watching the fireworkks from DL. I usually book a month or more in advance and we are going March 15th- 21st. The room is costing $59 a night. No extra charge for parking either. THere is a convient store on the corner that is nice too.

• Disneymom

I forgot....My neighbor was supposed to stay there 10 years ago but was so discusted by the look of it, the pool was green with frogs in it, roaches in the room and dirty, they ended up staying at another hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    We normally stay at the Super 8 on Disneyland drive. It is a short walk to the Mickey and Friends parking structure and tram. The rooms are clean and we have never had a problem. They have a continental breakfast that is okay. Nothing special but it gets you thru the morning. But the coolest part was standing on the balcony and watching the fireworkks from DL. I usually book a month or more in advance and we are going March 15th- 21st. The room is costing $59 a night. No extra charge for parking either. THere is a convient store on the corner that is nice too.
    You do Ok then walking down Disney Drive without the sidewalk? I have seriously considered the Travelodge on Ball but it seems quite a walk. What is the closest hotel to the parking structure ? I have done the google maps thing where you walk down the road with street view and it seems like there's a Days Inn closest but I can't really make out the sign and Days Inn doesn't list and address on Disney Drive.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

• Disneymom

I don't walk down Disney Dr. i go one block down Ball rd and cross the street. Right into the employee parking at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Walk up the stairs and take the tram to DL. A short walk but not bad.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Holiday Inn on Walnut is directly adjacent to the parking structure. If there were not a large wall in your way, you would have a five minute walk to the trams. But, that wall makes you have to walk down Walnut and then make a left into the parking lot. Not hard, but a bit of distance. Bottom line, clean, great staff (they make a point of calling you once you are settled in to make sure everything meets your approval), huge rooms, very good upkeep, but a bit stuck in time as far as decor goes. Basically in a residential area, so the closest place to get a late night snack is a long trek to an AM/PM, or hop in the car.

This would be a great choice if you can get a good price. Nothing against the hotel, but we didn't enjoy the walk to and from the tram, and ended up driving to the structure after day one. So, I doubt we would stay again, since if we're going to drive, there are more modern facilities closer to other restaurants and such. But that was just our personal hang-up.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I don't walk down Disney Dr. i go one block down Ball rd and cross the street. Right into the employee parking at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Walk up the stairs and take the tram to DL. A short walk but not bad.
    I'll be darned. I thought I heard you couldn't use the employee entrance. This is so good to know, thanks so much.

I'm sorry to be such a pest but I've been trying to figure this out for awhile...So is the employee entrance off of Magic Way?
    Last edited by 50sjayne; 03-10-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added question

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

• Disneyland Fan

My wife and I stayed at the Castle Inn in Nov. 2007. It wasn't that bad. It was clean and had a small fridge. The beds were good. It isn't a high rent place, but it was good enough. It is quite close and that was good on tired feet at the end of the day. Granted, it's not directly accross from the entrance, but it wasn't that far. It was an ok budget hotel.
    Grumpy Pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12