8 36.36%
  • * - Issues

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Inn?

•   
    • Kerplookee

Castle Inn?

Can I get opinions from guests who stayed here or heard anything about it?

the chair photo on the hotel website was not a strong selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Re: Castle Inn?

It's alright. Only stayed there one night one time with 6 people in 2 beds. (2 kids slept on blankets on the floor) No one caught anything gross, so that's a plus.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

One of the worst harbor motel experiences we had. Lights didn't work, outlets were exposed, sheets were stained and the staff was absolutely horrible. That was maybe 8 years ago, so it might have changed, but it's top on our "never again list".
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 11-15-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

The trip advisor reviews are saying theres a smell. But some say it was nice.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html
    Har har har

• Circle of Ancients

We stayed there for our 3rd anniversary (almost 9 years ago) and thought it was just okay. Of course, back in those days staying in any hotel was a plus for us.

• A Pirate's life for me!

It's a dive.

The only thing missing are the hookers.

Cockroaches, sparking outlets, toilet didn't flush all the way, stains of "unknown" origin (eeek!) on the bed and furniture, not enough guest parking (they tell you to park at another motel down the street!), and VERY rude employee's.

Nope, NEVER again!!!

I used to stay there when I could get a room for $60 or $80 bucks and it was okay. I don't feel very clean there, I feel like the carpet needs a serious cleaning as does the whole room. I never saw any bugs or anything, just felt a little grungy. The property is the same way. But it is close and if the room is cheap, the important thing to me was to be at Disneyland. Now it is too expensive, I'd rather spend a bit more money on another hotel.

• A Pirate's life for me!

^^^^

Or use Priceline and get a GREAT hotel for $50.00 a night.

Sure, it might not be as close as the roachmotel, but then again, their rooms won't come with their own "petting zoo" either...

Maybe the Castle should hire those crime-scene cleaners once in a while. I hear they are good at getting stains out of stuff...

we stayed there last March in a 2 room family suite (we had 6 ppl.). We saw no bugs, no problems with any outlets, and it seemed clean enough. It wasn't the Ritz, but I got exactly what i expected for the price. (Of course.. we stayed our 1st night at the Ramada Ltd. suites a bit further down the road, and it was TERRIBLE! We were supposed to stay there the whole 6 nights, but left the next day.. and we are not picky when it comes to motels!) And, after we got home..about a week later, I got a call on my cell from the manager at Castle Inn, asking if anyone had left a purse. Turns out my DD20 left hers in a drawer. The maid found it, they called and after I gave proof that I knew whose it was, they mailed it to me... no charge. and everything in it was there... even the small amount of cash that DD had in there. That is great customer service, and shows how honest the staff, even the maids that did not seem to speak english, can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Can I get opinions from guests who stayed here or heard anything about it?

the chair photo on the hotel website was not a strong selling point.
    My suggestion would be to query Disney Good Neighbor Hotels. These hotels are part of the Disney Good Neighbor program and must meet Disney standards to stay in the program. You can also book these hotels as Disney Packages. Best way to go if you are not familiar with the resorts. Any travel agent who handles Disney can help you. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me...

•   
    • Seasick

I stayed there in October 2004. I didn't have any problems with cleanliness or bugs. It is what it is, a cheap no-frills hotel very close to the parks.

When I stayed there, there was a huge rainstorm. I was on the bottom floor and water got into the room, and the carpeting by the front door got wet. I didn't think it was a big deal, and just figured that most buildings in Anaheim aren't built with heavy rainfall in mind. Others might feel differently about this incident.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Kerplookee

Just a follow up. Stayed at the Castle Inn and it was ok. Staff was friendly and we had no issues while staying 3 nights.
    This place isn't anything special but I have nothing to complain about.

I've never personally stayed there but it's not in a very good area. If you shop for good rates, you can sometimes get really good deals at the Anaheim Hilton and/or the Anaheim Marriott, both of which are much nicer options. Also, I've found great discounts by using AAA, Costco, and government rates. The last option is available if you work for a government agency, including schools, colleges and universities. I've gotten incredible deals by asking for government rates and been able to stay at really nice hotels for the same rates as places like Castle Inn. Hope that helps!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by lovechows View Post
    I've never personally stayed there but it's not in a very good area.

So a quarter mile away at the Disneyland Hotel is a better area?

Can you please explain what you mean by "not a very good area?" Personal experiences?

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I stayed there a few years ago and was not happy at all. I had thought that it would be neat to stay at the "castle hotel", boy was I wrong. The walk to the park is a pretty long one (longer then they advertise, of course I am not used to "city" blocks so this might not bother some), especially by day 3 when your feet hurt. What is unforgivable is the state of the rooms, they were dirty, small, the tub stopped up, they didn't have in-room refrigerators (I think they were available for a fee) and again DIRTY. The hotel is 3 stories and while they did have a rinky dinky elevator it was located at one end of the hotel while our rooms were completely at the other end. So unless you were carting luggage it was not convient to use it. I remember we wouldn't go to the pool because when we walked by I could see bugs in it. If they were dead or alive or both, I wasn't getting close enough to find out. If you are looking for a budget motel there are many that are closer, come with more ammenities and are nice. One that my family likes is the Del Sol Inn. It is located behind a Denny's so it is set back farther but it is literally a 10 minute walk from your hotel room to the main gate. Good prices, clean and roomy, and again you can't beat the location.
    Christina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast