I played the Priceline game

How bad is the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort?. I picked 3 star, followed all of the directions bid $48 and got the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. I'm kind of disapointed.

Any good points to this hotel?
    Michelle, photographer & mom to two boys 16mo apart that adore Mickey!

• no flash photography...

Re: I played the Priceline game

on manchester?

it wasn't bad. The beds were ok. The air conditioner/heater was under the window style. It blew cold/hot across the room, but right next to it didn't really feel it. The way the vents were. Also, because it was right under the window the back out /thick curtains did not close. This was not a problem, because we left well before dawn.

The advertise free wireless internet, but the only wireless connection I could get was from another hotel and i was locked out of using it. The holiday Inn wireless came in for maybe 10 minutes and I could not get it to work again.

All of the above are minor issues and did not make me hate the hotel. the shower was really bad though. No water pressure. I ahve very thick hair and it took me twice as long just to rinse the shampoo and conditioner out than any hotel I've ever stayed in.

It is close to the park, but not in walking distance ..IMO. I would stay there again especially for the rate you got, but I would bring my wrench and take the water restricter out of the shower head...

good points, the hotel was clean, the room was decent, the hotel staff was very nice and it was quiet. I have stayed in far worse. it's not a bad hotel. I just had some minor frustration during my stay.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I did not think it was bad at all, especially considerning the price we paid. Here is a link to the review which includes pictures.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ort-81078.html

my review was on there also. Yeah I forgot my bed was very squeaky. We jokenly refereed to it as the sex bed.

but for $48 I would even sleep in that crappy bed again. We paid twice that when we stayed and it was through priceline as well.

Thank you so much!! My husband was a bit upset that it's 2.5miles from Disneyland, but I told him for the price, he'll just have to suck it up!

• Circle of Ancients

We stayed there on Saturday night, it wasn't bad. And for $50 a night, you can't beat it.

Not sure if you have a car or not, but getting to the resort can be a bit tricky since you can only turn Right on Manchester leaving the hotel. (that's the opposite way of the resort).

Just go up to Orangewood, make a right, then to West make a right. This will lead you to the resort area.

Going back to the hotel is a bit easier. Just make a left on Katella (from either Disneyland Dr. or Harbor) and then a right on Manchester.

• Pilot EdForceOne

ouch.. priceline is putting peeps a bit further rate it down so the rest of us don't get it as a 3star
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

flynn, are you sayin' it's NOT worthy of a 3star rating, all things considered?
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Minion

It is definately a 3 start hotel! I think it fits the rating it has! I stayed there (not on priceline) and got a very comfy bed! I think it is sometimes the luck of the draw.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    flynn, are you sayin' it's NOT worthy of a 3star rating, all things considered?
    I said that hoping that by excluding it.. those of us bidding on a 3 star hotel will get the closer 3 star hotels

2.5 miles is way too far. The Hilton/Marriott are only about 1 mile away and probably nicer. Would hate to be hoping for those again and get stuck at 2.5 miles away!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

The Holiday Inn is not as far as some other hotels I've gotten with Priceline. The Hyatt and Crown Plaza are about the same. The Doubletree by the block is further as well as the Hilton Suites that are by the Big-A.

Again, I would never suggest priceline to anybody who doesn't have a car.

We do have our car, we live in Northern Cali, so we'll be driving down for our trip. I think a lot of people are going the week of the 2nd huh? If you see a frazzled mom pushing a double stroller with two crazy boys....it's me Fun times I hope.

We have one of those navigation thingy's. Is it better to drive and park at Disneyland or take that ART shuttle?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Personally, I'd drive.

The FART shuttle is terrible. Long waits, over-crowded buses, reckless (and rude) drivers, just for starters.

I'd rather pay for a cab (which I have) than take those things...

Quote Originally Posted by chasingboys View Post
    We do have our car, we live in Northern Cali, so we'll be driving down for our trip. I think a lot of people are going the week of the 2nd huh? If you see a frazzled mom pushing a double stroller with two crazy boys....it's me Fun times I hope.

We have one of those navigation thingy's. Is it better to drive and park at Disneyland or take that ART shuttle?
    we drove, it really was not far. I heard the art shuttle takes forever. Thy stop at just about every hotel on the way there and back.