2 33.33%
  • ** - Didn't Like

1 16.67%
  • * - Issues

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 1375 miles away

Re: Desert Inn and Suites

We have stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn for the past 7 years and are booked there again in November. They have served us well every time we have stayed.
    We stay in their Parlor Family Suite C2, which is their largest suite with 4 queen beds, a small living room with a fold out couch, also a dining table and 2 full bathrooms. We are pretty easy to please. We mainly just want a place to shower and sleep at night but we do like plenty of space.

Rooms don't have a lot of frills like any of the resort hotels so if you are looking for something fancy you'd better head to another property but if you are like us we don't spend much time in our room if we can be at Disneyland. The main reasons we stay are that the price is right, rooms are clean and sizeable, beds are comfy and you cannot beat the fact that they are so close to the main gate. To me they seem closer to the main gate than the Disney hotels and you don't have to fight the crowds and temptation to spend money in Downtown Disney.

I think all rooms come standerd with refridgerators, microwaves and in-room movies. They do have a pool although it is on the small side. However, it has never been a problem for us because again we would rather be at the park. Their breakfast is a continental so I have never expected more than what they offer. It works well for us since we are not big breakfast eaters. We eat just enough to tide us over til lunch which allows us to only ending up paying for 2 meals a day. There is a convience store down stairs in case you forget anything, or in our case, they sell Dr. Pepper which keeps us from going into withdrawals. There is a Denney's conviently located on one side and IHOP on the other.

I thought about trying one of the Disney hotels but never have found a better bargain and my whole family refuses siting that staying at DI has become "traditional". So it looks like as long as we are heading to Disneyland, Anaheim Desert Inn can be expecting us to visit!

Oh yeah! The staff has always been nice and helpful. I have saved as much as $70 a night by calling them directly and booking our rooms as far in advance as I know our dates. I would much rather enjoy spending the money we always save on lodging and spend it on souvineers, snacks, and dining instead of over priced accomadations.

As much as I enjoy staying there, I will have to rate it as "like it" because I have stayed very few places I would say I actually have "loved".
    (How about... "liked it very much"!)
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We stayed there twice because we needed really large rooms. First time not really any major problems but the rooms DEFINTELY showed wear and tear. Second time, a/c had problems the fridge was missing(seriously) and there were not screens on the windows, 3rd story. Plus, the staff at the desk were miserable to deal with.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I stayed there about 4 years ago in the 2 bedroom-1 1/2 bath suite. It was clean but worn. The tv in the second bedroom did not work and even though we asked seveal times to fix it or bring a new one they never did. The breakfast tasted like cardboard (pastries and toast) but was free. The location was great. The pool in indoors and small. Parking was a problem. They have a parking garage and the spaces are small so some carstook up two spaces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12