2 33.33%
  • ** - Didn't Like

1 16.67%
  • * - Issues

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Desert Inn and Suites

Any comments on this place (the one on Harbor).

They seem to have some great rates and most of the reviews I've read rate it as acceptable, if motelish.

But I thought I'd toss it out to the group for comments.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Minion

Re: Desert Inn and Suites

Its has big rooms, it's clean, it is motelish, they have a small indoor pool, the breakfast is typical of the strip breakfasts. We've stayed there and have liked it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Found my prince!

It's ok. Dont stay on the first floor. I did the last time I stayed and it was very noisy. I was going to stay there next weekend but got a better deal at another hotel about the same distance away.

we just got back from our stay there. we've stayed there a couple of time. we like the location, just being able to walk right across the street. other than that, it's pretty average. no complaints, it's just a place to rest at the end of the day.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Not a fan of the place. I thought the rooms were kinda dirty and had a bad smell. Though the location is Great!!! as is the price but I guess you kinda get what you pay for. I like Hojos much better. Also though parking is kind of tight but if DLR is your only destination it could work out well and the rooms are nicely sized and theres the little breakfast thing in the morning which is nice to have on your walk to the park. So theres a bunch of pros and cons to this place but not a place Im will to stay.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Just stayed there Nov 12 - 17 and we were quite happy with the rooms and the hotel in general. Our room was clean and well maintained the breakfast is just the basics but there is a Denny's right next door or a McDonalds just up the street. As well there is a coffee stand just south at the Ramada if you are an early riser and need your coffee fix before the breakfast room opens. A common complaint is parking but we never had a problem at all any of the days we were there. Over all I would reccomend it as the price and location, I don't think, can be beat.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We stayed there in May and I've already booked us there again in March. The rooms are a decent size and the location is great. Our room was clean, well stocked, and fairly quiet. We did have some kids running around making a racket one morning, but who could really blame them. lol Since the kid and I are really only in our rooms long enough to sleep and shower, we don't feel the need for anything fancy.

We didn't bother with the breakfast. It wasn't open yet the first morning and we had plans to get a parfait the second morning.

The desk staff was even nice enough to move us to one of the rooms that was ready when we arrived at just about noon instead of making us stow our luggage and deal with it all later. Check in and check out were both very quick. We flew in last time so I'm not sure about parking. Their lot looks a little cramped but since I don't plan to move the car while I'm there next time, I don't see it being an issue. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Circle of Ancients

We stayed there a few years back a few times and it was nice, and also very convenient.

• It's all nonsense

Stayed there a few times and it was fine. The elevators take forever which is a pain if you have a stroller. The rooms aren't anything special. However the location is ideal.

But you definitely get what you pay for.

• Minion

We stayed here last February. It was a decent place to stay. The only thing that I was really unhappy with were the pillows. If you are driving, bring your own. If you can't bring your own, ask for extras as soon as you check in. They had run out of extras when we asked.

• Minion

If price is a big factor, Desert Inn is great.
    They aren't dirty rooms, but they are well used!
    not the best, but not the worst!
    Fairfield Inn by Marriott is our favorite.
    Costs a little more, right next to hojos.
    Best night of sleep ever!
    Better beds, service, upgraded bath stuff, and super clean.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• RedPlum on the Rocks

when we stayed there, i was so surprised because it was a lot nicer than i thought. we had just booked a deluxe room with two queen beds, and we were going to order a roll away when we got there. But either we picked the perfect weekend, or a lot of people were staying elsewhere, because the place was deserted. there was hardly any cars int he parking lot and we were able to walk right up to check in. When we told them our situation of needing an extra bed, the person behind the counter said he could bump us up to one of their rooms that had an fold out bed w/ a couch and still had two queen beds. i've stayed in a lot of places so i assumed it would be a tight squeeze but we said what the hay...he wasnt going to charge us any extra!

when we got to the room...it was HUGE! it was i guess this super deluxe or something bcuz it had the two queen beds, and then a sunken "living room" area w/ a seprate tv, and a hide-a-bed,and curtains that seperated it from the main sleeping area. it's one of the best places we've ever stayed in...and a lot of other people must think the same because every time we start trip planning, there are always very few rooms left!

i would recommend it ! :-)

Dreams DO come true!

We took our entire Girl Scout troop there a few years ago (16 girls, 6 moms) and it was wonderful - clean rooms, nice breakfast, extra pillows and blankets in the room for us, etc. However, just a few months later our extended family of 11 planned on staying there and had a terrible experience. The room was nasty dirty, smelled bad, mold in the bathroom, YUCK! We asked for different rooms and they could not accomodate us, so we moved to the Carousel to a 3-bedroom suite.
    I think if you let them know your expectations, they will try hard to meet them. They knew with the Girl Scout troop that we would go home and talk about the wonderful experience - so they made it a wonderful experience.

• aka the scorpion eater!

well before I started working at Best western and while I was still in high school my mom had us staying there one time... it was pretty much the same as the other strip properties on harbor and on par with the Best Western properties... as with most hotels in the area... but now that I work Best western I never get to try anything else... the only thing I didnt like about the Desert Inn which I didnt know if it has since changed or not is the fact that the keys are not like normal hotel room keys with the electronic locks... they are actual keys that you insert and turn to open the doors... that to me is kinda odd but I know almost all hotels I have stayed at always had electronic locks on their doors... one thing about that is just a safety feature... anyone can pick locks... and in this day and age, sadly people do pick them... other than that I enjoyed our stay there the people were pretty nice but I had a first floor room by the back and the parking was just as bad as the Best Westerns on Harbor (Anaheim Inn and Park Place) however if I know it correctly that problem can never be helped and all hotels on that strip were built a while back when the dead end parking lot with one way in and one way out was never a problem so most hotels on that strip suffer from this problem not just this one and the BW's... now the problem with the parking is that its 8 point turn to back out of the parking lot... but with a close location to the parks you never need to even use your car unless you go to the beach!

• I love this place!

We stay there approx. four times/year. Never had a problem. Rooms big and clean, nothing fancy but never seen a bug or unsightly stains. We like it for the location, price, and that I can request a king bed for the same price as two queens. And the king bed rooms are closest to Harbor - no looooong walk to the back of the hotel at the end of the day. It's always the first place I check when getting quotes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast