Thread: Fairfield Inn?

• Goofy & Donalds luv child

Fairfield Inn?

We have reservations for the Fairfield Inn across from the resort for January 8-12. Any recommendations, or experiences with this hotel? Thanks!
    "you may think you are all so powerful, but this is my dream"

Love conquers all

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Fairfield Inn?

Great location! If you can manage to get a room facing the park you'll get prime fireworks viewing! I always book my family into this hotel, no complaints. Nice sized rooms, mini fridge...and again, if you can score a park facing room above the 5th floor, even better! Have a great time!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We have not stayed there for about 9 years only because we usually Priceline now but when we stayed there we always liked our rooms. They have a foldout couch which is nice to have at least one kid stay at. The pool area and jacuzzi area was nice. When the kids were young they loved having a McDonald's in front of the hotel. It is a quick walk to the park.

It is the only place we stay...Have never had any problems and it is a short walk to the park and near a couple of decent/good restaurants...

We just stayed there in October. We will probably not stay there again.
    We had booked through Disney travel for 2 rooms. It was paid for and we had confirmation 's hen we checked in they had 3 rooms reserved for us. I showed then our confirmation letter and let them know that we only had 2 rooms. he front desk insisted that we must pay for 3 rooms. We finally got it straightened out, but the front desk staff was far from helpful.

The biggest problem is that 2 of the elevators are being repaired. They will be down for 6 more months. In the morning when everyone was trying to get to the park you could not get an elevator. We were on the 5th floor and when the elevator would stop it would already be full. So we usually just walked up and down the 5 flights of stairs.

Not a bad hotel, and once the elevators are fixed it will be better.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

I would have to agree with poohnpiglet, that it would be hard for me to consider staying at the Fairfield again. 2 of the 4 elevators were down when we were there in May 2004 and also in December 2006. They seem to be in a constant state of renovation.

The rooms were decent. The beds were amazing! The staff was, for the most part, not very pleasant, but we didn't need their services often.

The distance to the park is fantastic, as is the restaurant (Millies?) in front of it. Not to mention the McDonald's next door.

• For You!

I quite like the Fairfield - when we had an issue with maintenance causing a racket all night long, they happily gave us a free night. The beds are very comfy too. I also like being right next to Mimi's, McDonalds, etc.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!