• Blow me to Bermuda!

Super 8 on Katella

O.k. so being the frugal traveler that I am, I'm still looking for better pricing after having booked our room at the Desert Inn. lol With my entertainment book, I can get the Super 8 for about half the price. That honestly makes me a little nervous. We're not looking for anything fancy. Just a clean place to sleep and shower.

Is this place o.k. or is it really a $45 a night hotel/motel?

How far of a walk is it really? (Technically I can afford to park in the DL parking structures with the savings.)

Any horror stories/accolades?

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Re: Super 8 on Katella

Well, you do get what you pay for. That said, I stayed at the Super 8 for the 50th and it was satisfactory. As you say, a clean place to sleep and shower. The only thing that stood out was that the room was darker than it should have been. There were lights by the bed, but I don't think there was an overhead light. On the good side, every morning, there was a Los Angeles Times on my doorstep.

As for walking distance, seems like it was about as far as the Howard Johnson's is on the other side. That used to be nothing for me, but either I'm getting old or just out of shape, because now when I stay that far away, I stravage back to the hotel at night w/ aching ankles.

You might also want to go and look at Laughing Place.com. I recall some time ago someone said her credit card was double charged when she stayed at the Desert Inn.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Seasick

Stayed there last November. No complaints. The walls are thin, so if you have a noisy neighbour it could be annoying.

While it's true that the ultra-cheap hotels in the area are not generally well received, this one is a chain hotel so I surmise it's better than most.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    You might also want to go and look at Laughing Place.com. I recall some time ago someone said her credit card was double charged when she stayed at the Desert Inn.
    We almost had a similar issue with Desert Inn but it was caught at check out. They charge one night the day before arrival. When we checked out, they tried to charge a full stay. Luckily for me, it was on a card that had too low a balance for it to be authorized. lol

Thanks for the info you two. I think we may need to change hotels if our upcoming house move costs more than I expected.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.