Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Hotel Menage??? Anyone been there?

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    NNL.....are you following me??
    No... your post was first on the new posts and I knew that this topic had just been discussed, and it was really easy to look at the first page and see the other post like 5 posts down, so I linked it. That's all
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Re: Hotel Menage??? Anyone been there?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    No... your post was first on the new posts and I knew that this topic had just been discussed, and it was really easy to look at the first page and see the other post like 5 posts down, so I linked it. That's all
    I was just giving you a hard time! I can't think of a nicer person to follow me! I'm glad you found the other thread, I didn't see it (must be blind!) ! Thanks for the help.

• Minion

Re: Hotel Menage Anaheim Boutique

It was on Montel Williams. They gave this family a trip to Disneyland, and it showed they were staying at the Menage. So I am guessing if the TV show is having them stay there, it must be pretty decent.
    Har har har

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    It was on Montel Williams. They gave this family a trip to Disneyland, and it showed they were staying at the Menage. So I am guessing if the TV show is having them stay there, it must be pretty decent.
    But it was MONTEL! haha!

• Brrr...its cold out there

SO....here's my biggest question. What is the bedding like? And, also, is it clean?
    I did not think that the bedding was too bad. The bed I was on was pretty comfy. My room was pretty clean. I remember that the bathroom was not all that great. Well it was like a regular Holiday Inn bathroom. . without any special stuff. But...it was clean.

I hope this helps.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brerrbit1 View Post
    I did not think that the bedding was too bad. The bed I was on was pretty comfy. My room was pretty clean. I remember that the bathroom was not all that great. Well it was like a regular Holiday Inn bathroom. . without any special stuff. But...it was clean.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks! I appreciate the input. I am mostly concerned with CLEAN, and, that the bed isn't gross. ha! I bring my own toiletries anyway, so, I don't use the hotel's, no matter where I stay. Did you stay after the switch from Holiday Inn??

• Brrr...its cold out there

Thanks! I appreciate the input. I am mostly concerned with CLEAN, and, that the bed isn't gross. ha! I bring my own toiletries anyway, so, I don't use the hotel's, no matter where I stay. Did you stay after the switch from Holiday Inn??

Yea, I stayed there during the anniversary meet this last January. It is ALOT better than when it was the Holiday Inn.

• Banned User

Re: Hotel Menage Anaeheim Boutique

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It's actually not that safe in that area. I would avoid walking there if at all possible I would drive to and from the park.
    is the street lighted up fairly well? I know folks walk to the howard johnson all the time ,this motel is only a little ways from it isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    is the street lighted up fairly well? I know folks walk to the howard johnson all the time ,this motel is only a little ways from it isn't it?
    The part that might be scary for some at night is the freeway overpass over I-5. Its pretty long and very lonely. Nothing like walking to HoJos.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    The part that might be scary for some at night is the freeway overpass over I-5. Its pretty long and very lonely. Nothing like walking to HoJos.
    I am not willing to walk it, yet, I walked to the Anaheim Hilton at night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    Thank you we did choose a closer motel for safety reasons.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I stayed there a few months ago and I would not describe the Menage as kid-friendly. Yes, the bedding and room are clean, but the hotel is clearly designed for young adults, it's more interested in being trendy than comfy. The furniture in the bedroom had really sharp corners (I have the scar on my shin to prove it) and that worried me a lot with an active small child in the room. The noise is horrendous! If you are in a room near the pool, beware that at least on weekends, the poolside speakers are blaring music until almost 11pm and the pool and surrounding area including the outside seats at the bar, are full of people drinking and having very noisy fun. After the bar closes at 2am, too many people still hang around outside yelling at each other. The noise on that side of the hotel from the freeway is really awful too. We got very little rest there.
    My preference: the Best Western Park Place.

• Banned User

Thank heavens I check in on a Sunday!!!

• Banned User

Okay---I am here to report on the Hotel Menage. And, it's not so pretty!

First the positive...the bed was comfy, lots of pillows, nice linens, and, nice flat screen t.v.

NOW...the down side. The bathroom and sink area! ICK!!!!!!

The bathtub looked as if they painted it white, and, the paint was peeling off around the drain, and, along one side. That was SO disgusting. The stainless rod thing they have for holding on to, if you need it, had rust around the holder. The toilet paper holder was BEHIND the door, so, if you are alone (like I was) and don't need to close the door, the thing is behind it. The door almost opens and hits the toilet, that is how close it is!!!

The sink was very poorly caulked (as was the tub) and the caulk didn't look clean and fresh, but, was pretty yuck looking. Luckily, I brought my own travel size Clorox disinfectant wipes, because I cleaned it ALL before using it. The mirror has a frame around it. It looks like they painted the mirror frame while in place, because there was paint on the mirror, and, paint flecks on the counter. Tacky! Tacky!

My room was in the 300 area, and, overlooked the pool...but...just beyond that was the I-5 freeway! Lots of freeway noise! They had a wall a/c and heater unit (think 1960's) and it kept some of the noise out.

Overall...I'd NEVER stay here again. The bed WAS nice, the sofa in the room was nice. The big screen t.v. was nice....however....that bathroom was just gross! Had they saved a little money on the t.v. they installed, and, used it for a new tub and sink...I could have handled the small size of the bathroom.

Two thumbs down for the Hotel Crappage!!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

The wild thing about Hotel Menage, IHD, is that it was built in like, the 1980's....before that, there was a very woodsy trailer park there........which I was sad to see 'leave' when they tore it out to build the structure that is now called "Hotel Menage".

Next time you and Mr. IHD must stay in some place much nicer!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast