sheraton park hotel anaheim

hello,

does anyone have any good or bad reviews for this hotel? my brother in law works for starwood so we got it for $50/night. we normally stay at park vue inn which location is so convenient!!!

thanks

Smile Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim vs Park Vue Inn

Hello everyone!!!

This year we are taking a trip Aug 7-11th and Nov 21-26th. I have reservations at 2 places Park Vue Inn $123/night and Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim $50/night (DBIL works for starwood hotels) I love how Park Vue is right there...and if we stay at the Sheraton we will have to pay for ART or parking.

What are your thoughts on this??? Any good things about the Sheraton? I know the price is good but is it worth the inconvenience?

Thanks for your opinions...

• Banned User

Re: Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim vs Park Vue Inn

Quote Originally Posted by letitsnow View Post
    Hello everyone!!!

This year we are taking a trip Aug 7-11th and Nov 21-26th. I have reservations at 2 places Park Vue Inn $123/night and Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim $50/night (DBIL works for starwood hotels) I love how Park Vue is right there...and if we stay at the Sheraton we will have to pay for ART or parking.

What are your thoughts on this??? Any good things about the Sheraton? I know the price is good but is it worth the inconvenience?

Thanks for your opinions...
    *always* *always* check the hotel first for free shuttles. there is always Sheraton buses running up and down harbor and pulling into the bus stations in the esplanade area

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    *always* *always* check the hotel first for free shuttles. there is always Sheraton buses running up and down harbor and pulling into the bus stations in the esplanade area

i did check...and they do not have free shuttles = ( thats why i'm asking for advice...i'm sooooo used to being within walking distance from disneyland and this would be the first time we won't be. they told me that i would have to use art and pay for parking $14 at sheraton.

so what do you guys think??? just stay at park vue inn???

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    FYI...letitsnow is talking about the Sheraton Park Hotel...not the Sheraton Anaheim. Those Sheraton busses you see in the Disneyland Resort Esplanade bus area, are from the Sheraton Anaheim. The Sheraton Park does use the ART busses.

Can't speak to the Park Vue (as I've never stayed there). But the Sheraton Park was fairly recently totally renovated, and has some very nice rooms and facilities. Some of the rooms can be small though...big enough for 2, but not for a family. And as such they don't offer roll-aways.

Here are some reviews (with some video) I wrote 2 years ago:

First-Hand Hotel Review Time!

Greetings from the new Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, where we've been enjoying a great day of fun in the sun!

Wow! Things sure came together here in the last month. When I was here a month ago for progress tour...I thought they'd never made the June 1 opening. But they did a great job finishing things off and the hotel is open for business and looks great.

They went over budget and have spent 40 million on the re-do of this property. About the only thing I can find that's not finished yet is the brand new fitness center which is a from-the-ground-up new little building that's still under construction. But everything else is ready to go.

The lobby looks great. It's big and has nice furnishings. The lobby bar is really nice, IMHO.

When I checked in and was told I had been given a room on the Club Level with a Disneyland Resort view...I asked if they still piped in the fireworks soundtrack to the guestrooms via the TV like they used to. One of the other ladies overheard my question and came over and said, "Wow. You must have stayed here back when Disney owned the hotel as 'The Inn at the Park." Yep. I had many times. Anyway they don't pipe the music to one of the TV channels anymore, but she said the view of the fireworks is spectacular. I may be able to verify that in a few hours from now, if we come back here straight after dinner.

Self Parking is $12 per night for hotel guests.

The room is extremely nice. All new. Even the sliding glass door casements are new. Nice view of mainly California Adventure, with Tower of Terror being the big landmark. Very nice dark woods in the furniture, with beige wallcoverings. Nice artwork. Pop-up electrical outlets right in the desk. Nice fixtures. New and quiet A/C and heat. Complimentary Wayport high speed WiFi (clocked 1.4mbps) in all guest rooms and public spaces.

The bathroom vanity is really nice in it's dark woods and wood cubbyholes. The 3-part mirror swings out at various angles, which is nice for the sides and back of your head. In room safe. Flat panel TV with S-Video and component inputs.

I'm told the furnishings are pretty much the same on all floors but on the Club Level you get a higher thread count Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed (though all floors have the Sweet Sleeper) with a bit nicer duvet (wonderful bed!), robes, and a few more room amenities. Plus you get access to the Club Lounge which is very nice and is open all day, but serves comp breakfast from 6am to 10am, and then evening munchies and cocktails from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The Club Lounge faces the pool side of the hotel...not the Park side. Wonderful furnishings in there as well as a comp flat screen computer with internet. Key Card required in the elevators to the 12th and 14th floor (12th and 13th actually...that superstition thing, you know).

Business travelers will really like this hotel. As will tourists. Rooms aren't a bad size, really. Lot's of space.

Throughout the hotel they have some great old photos of Disneyland. Many look like tourist photos rather than professional ones, and they are great to go around and look at. There's the glass elevator on the pool side too.

Haven't eaten at the any of the restaurants yet. But "Molly's" reminds me of the old Monorail Cafe. They have a nice selection of old Disneyland photos too. Morton's Steakhouse is under construction in a totally separate building out at the south end of the property, and should open later this year.

The pool and pool area look great! Great landscaping. The bar is very nice and well stocked (hic!).

What am I leaving out? I don't know. If I think of anything else, I'll post back later.

Here's a link to some Hot Fresh video I just shot about an hour ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=aoaNQ81dQpY

The video near the end is of the Club Lounge.

Great property now. Highly recommend it.

I'll have some still photos of the room up either tonight or tomorrow. Gotta get ready for happy hour in the Club Lounge and then dinner. All work and no play and all that...don't 'ya know?

Adding to the above review:

Just returned to our room from the Club Lounge. Great spread of complimentary hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. And very yummy, I might add. The chicken satay skewers were especially good.

Complimentary cocktails consist of a nice selection of beers and wines, and all your standard "well" booze drinks. Fancy drinks or "call" booze...they've got it all, but that will cost you regular bar prices. Bar is tended.

Great and friendly service. We very much enjoyed it. And very glad to even see this service as so many hotels are either charging for cocktails in their Club Lounges these days...or boarding up their Club Lounges altogether.

Rushed back to the hotel from dinner just in time to watch the fireworks from our balcony. They just now finished.

Awesome! Forgot what a good view this tower gives. Can even see the Matterhorn and Tink and all the Castle fireworks and pinwheels. And the booms really catch in the balcony alcoves. Missed hearing the soundtrack, but still a good show from here.

We've had a great Disney day and we haven't even entered Disney property once today (but we are headed over now).

I took my official site inspection tour this afternoon and have an update to my self-tour review and video clip that I posted above, as a result.

Not all rooms here are the same size. A few rooms on each floor are wider than the others and I got one of those wider rooms. Now seeing the standard King Room here I have to say it's not as big as ours. Same fine and new appointments, just not as wide. Would be fine for a couple, but not a family (especially as no roll-aways are available).

The Double Rooms would be better for families because of how they are configured. And of course if you could score one of the wider rooms...that would be better still.

Also not all the rooms have full balconies with tables and chairs. A few have a narrower standing-room-only type balcony. Something else to be aware of.

Don't get me wrong. All the rooms are super nice and the hotel in general is super. Just be aware that like at many hotels...room types can vary.

Some more info:

- All rooms have mini fridges.
    - ART Automated Ticket Machine located outside
    - The Disney Airport Bus stops here
    - The brand new 1400 sq.ft Fitness Center should be finished within the next two months.

Also, if you don't get a Park view room, each hallway has a large window facing the Park about half-way down the hall. So you could watch fireworks from there if you wanted to. No balcony though.

The Overland Stage Restaurant was completely gutted and rebuilt. They incorporated those old doors and the old antique oak bar into the new design, but everything else is new. As is the menu. No longer an emphasis on steaks (as Morton's Steakhouse is on the way). Now a mix of BBQ and Southwestern cuisine. Looks good. Very nice decor.

Some of the best and friendliest staff here we've ever encountered. We're really enjoying the place. Hope they keep up the good work and all the "new hotel" sparkle doesn't start to fade.

As promised...here's some still photos.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare...bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Click on the "View Album As Guest" button. Then click the "View" button and you'll see the photos with captions. If you "Slideshow" it, you'll see larger better quality photos, but you may have to scroll to see the caption.

Also, here's an image of the layout of the entire property:

Re: Sheraton Park vs. Sheraton Anaheim:

The Sheraton Park has a few main things going for it (or against it, depending on your needs). The Sheraton Park is essentially "new." It's more stylish in design. All-new furnishings. It's more "adult" and less "family." It's got the Park views if you can get on that side. It has balconies. It's got a full Club Level and Lounge (free breakfast, free booze and munchies) if you can afford it or upgrade to it. It's got a bigger and better pool with a full pool bar and pool waitress. It's got more and better restaurants. It'll have a better Fitness Center. It's got free WiFi. It has free in-room safes. It has free in-room mini fridges (built-in and concealed).

The Sheraton Anaheim has much bigger standard room sizes. It has tons of Suites if you can afford it or upgrade into them. It's better for families. But it's older in design and style. You have to pay for a mini-fridge (trucked in). You have to pay for WiFi. They have no Club Lounge (removed a few years ago). Their pool is smaller. The pool "bar" window is rarely staffed. Only one restaurant. No views. No balconies.

So a lot has to do with what you're personally looking for or need during a stay. For me...when it comes time to stay down there...I'm going to do a quick analysis of prices and our needs. There may be trips when the Sheraton Park's features make more sense. There may be other times when I want a better shot (almost guaranteed, actually) of a Starwood Platinum Suite upgrade* at the Sheraton Anaheim.

But right now, us with no children...we're really leaning toward the Sheraton Park. It's got some good stuff going for it, even if we might miss out on a Suite upgrade. And even though the Sheraton Anaheim has been our favorite for years. We love it. If we had kids in tow and wanted us all in just one room...the Sheraton Anaheim with it's huge rooms with plenty of room for roll-aways...would be a no brainer.

So while I always like having more options...it's going to be a tough decision sometimes now.

(* The Sheraton Park has only 4 one-bedroom Suites and 2 elegant three-room Master Suites. The Sheraton Anaheim has over 25 one-bedroom turret Suites)

Again...the above was written 2 years ago, but I have stayed often since then and it's still a very nice place, IMHO. And at a $50 Starwood employee rate...I'd be all over that!

But to me...both the Sheraton Park and Sheraton Anaheim are very walkable to the Disneyland Resort. But on the bus question, the Sheraton Anaheim wins with their private dedicated shuttle bus service.

Re: sheraton park hotel anaheim

Its about two blocks away, but it totally makes up for this with its shuttle and superb service.

Very nice facility, nice grounds, awesome, comfortable rooms.

If you get a room facing the direction of the parks you can see all of DCA and most of Disneyland. The fireworks at night are also great from there.

Wow, thanks for the review. Great information. Love the video and the nifty camera work!
    Thanks!

I stayed there at Xmas time. It's a nice hotel, your basic Sheraton, obviously not the same as a DLR hotel but still good if you're planning to be out and about anyways. The room was nice, nothing spectacular. A plus side is the little snack store in the lobby with breakfast foods and snacks that's open late. The gift shop surprisingly did not have very many Disney souveneirs so make sure not to rely on that for gifts and whatnot. A downside is that you need a key to get into the buildings where the rooms are. Overall good service and a good hotel. The shuttle does go to the hotel or you can walk which I guess isn't too bad depending on the weather and if you're carrying a lot of stuff. We had a park view which was mostly DCA and the parking lot, not bad.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Banned User

or just walk to the lion king tram not sure what's hard about walking, when i've been stiffed by the OCTA bus system before i've had to walk all the way from Harbor/Westminster to the front of the park, and even had to walk all the way from Beach/Westminster to Harbor/Westminster and then Westminster/Harbor to the disneyland park. That is a much further distance then a couple of blocks having to walk all that....

We stayed there when it was still the Coast. I really love this hotel. We stayed at other "motels" but prefer a hotel. I feel more secure, the rooms are nice and the beds comfortable. We get a park view room and it is great for fireworks. My inlaws have a seeing eye dog and the dog is afraid of the noise from the fireworks so this works great for them. I like that I can wake up and look out the balcony and see how busy the parking lot is already. We always walk to and from the park from the hotel (we are too cheap to pay the $3 each for the trolly). My father in law feels safe taking the dog out at night and early in the morning on the grounds as well. We are staying there again this Christmas as well.