•   
    • aka LIANNA

Blog Entries

Alamo Inn & Suites

Hey all!

So a friend and I are planning to go to DLR within a month or so, after school lets out. (Late May, if you're wondering.) And since we're college students, we're looking for a cheap, but reasonable place to stay. The cheapest we decided to go was $55/night with the Alamo Inn & Suites.

Any thoughts about this hotel? We're basically just going to use it for sleeping & showering. All information would be helpful.

Thanks in advanced...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Alamo Inn & Suites

Trip advisor doesn't give them a very good rating:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html

How close do you want to be? Do you want to be within walking distance or would taking ART be ok?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • aka LIANNA

Blog Entries

We will be driving to & parking the resort, so distance doesn't really matter that much to us.

We're just looking for a cheap place to stay.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

With Trip Advisor (or any travel site, Orbitz, Travelocity etc) you can sort motels by price, cheapest to most expensive, and almost all the sites have reviews for the motels.

A lot of times you have to use your own instinct when it comes to reviews. Everyone has their own ideas of what is acceptable and what isn't. Myself, my needs are pretty basic and what I think is an ok place someone else might not like. But if at least 80% of the reviews are negative... I'd stay away.

Most recently (in the last two years) I've stayed at the Park Vue Inn, Anahiem Plaza Inn & Suites, and the Sharaton on Katella. The Sharaton was nice but I felt over priced for what it was (and it cost me $28 to park there over night!!), and the Park Vue and Anahiem Plaza were good. The Anahiem Plaza is an older place, but the two times I stayed there the rooms were very good sized and clean and the staff was great. I also had no problems with the Park Vue and it is literally across the street.

My experience has been the sooner you can get reservations the less you are likely to pay. As the time gets closer it seems like rooms have a tendency to increase in price. Not all the time, but it can happen. My advice is to check out a few sites (in fact, on Trip advisor you can check prices of places with different sites and compare prices).

Don't know if any of this helps or not...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

STAY AWAY!!! Seriously, this was probably the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. It was truely disgusting. We ended up checking out early and found somewhere else. I understand the need for an inexpensive place just to crash for the night. I thought the same thing, that we weren't going to be in the room long so it shouldn't be too bad, but it was.

I am not even kidding this is atrue roach motel, the carpets were stickey, the mattresses were so uncomfortable and the head board fell off the wall the first night. The first room we were given smelled horrible and the second one wasn't much better. The people at the front desk were not very helpful or friendly either. Do yourself a huge favor and find somewhere else, that place is the cheapest in the area for a reason. There are other places that are just a little bit more money that are much better.

I would say this place is still walking distance though maybe 5-10 minutes walk on Katella (near Denny's) some rooms even have a "view" of the back of Paradise pier's California Screamin', Maliboomer, and SunWheel.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 03-19-2008 at 07:59 AM.

•   
    • Kerplookee

DO NOT STAY HERE. Worst hotel. Its ranked #99 out of 100...thanks got to tell you something.

I added mu 2 cents here: my post is dated Jun 29,2006 titled "Stay Away"
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rnia.html#MIDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    DO NOT STAY HERE. Worst hotel. Its ranked #99 out of 100...thanks got to tell you something.

I added mu 2 cents here: my post is dated Jun 29,2006 titled "Stay Away"
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rnia.html#MIDC
    Your review was funny Duck. I don't think I've ever stayed at a Alamo Suite before. And bringing Flip flops is not a bad idea for all hotel stays.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    STAY AWAY!!! Seriously, this was probably the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. It was truely disgusting. We ended up checking out early and found somewhere else. I understand the need for an inexpensive place just to crash for the night. I thought the same thing, that we weren't going to be in the room long so it shouldn't be too bad, but it was.

I am not even kidding this is atrue roach motel, the carpets were stickey, the mattresses were so uncomfortable and the head board fell off the wall the first night. The first room we were given smelled horrible and the second one wasn't much better. The people at the front desk were not very helpful or friendly either. Do yourself a huge favor and find somewhere else, that place is the cheapest in the area for a reason. There are other places that are just a little bit more money that are much better.

I would say this place is still walking distance though maybe 5-10 minutes walk on Katella (near Denny's) some rooms even have a "view" of the back of Paradise pier's California Screamin', Maliboomer, and SunWheel.
    This sums it up for me too. I stayed there a couple of years ago and the bathroom was infested with roaches. It was terrible The next morning everybody in the lobby waiting to check out was complaining about the same thing! Trust me, spend the extra $10 or $20 and stay anywhere else but there!!!!