Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candy Cane Inn

Thumbs up Candy Cane Inn

We just stayed at Candy Cane for the first time from 3/9/08 through 3/11/08. The best feature of this motel is the dedicated shuttle. Candy Cane still has their very own shuttle that runs about every 15 minutes. It made things very convenient. The motel was very clean inside and out, beds were OK. We had a standard room and it was a bit small, but the layout made it easy to place luggage out of the way. The sink is outside the bath/toilet area, which makes getting the whole family ready in the morning easier.

They have a small, but nice continental breakfast. They had various breads, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice and cereal.

I am so pleased we chose Candy Cane as my youngest got very ill with bronchitis on our first night at the parks. I ended up calling one of those house call doctors (the number was in the hotel information packet in the nightstand). The doc came within 15 minutes and prescribed us some medication. We did have to call them back since my son was not improving, but the doc prescribed some more meds (my son gets asthmatic when he is very ill). We salvaged the last day of our trip, at least. I was really glad we were in a nice, clean room since I was stuck in there with my little sickie for a day and a half straight!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

Re: Candy Cane Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsmom View Post
    We just stayed at Candy Cane for the first time from 3/9/08 through 3/11/08. The best feature of this motel is the dedicated shuttle. Candy Cane still has their very own shuttle that runs about every 15 minutes. It made things very convenient. The motel was very clean inside and out, beds were OK. We had a standard room and it was a bit small, but the layout made it easy to place luggage out of the way. The sink is outside the bath/toilet area, which makes getting the whole family ready in the morning easier.

They have a small, but nice continental breakfast. They had various breads, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice and cereal.

I am so pleased we chose Candy Cane as my youngest got very ill with bronchitis on our first night at the parks. I ended up calling one of those house call doctors (the number was in the hotel information packet in the nightstand). The doc came within 15 minutes and prescribed us some medication. We did have to call them back since my son was not improving, but the doc prescribed some more meds (my son gets asthmatic when he is very ill). We salvaged the last day of our trip, at least. I was really glad we were in a nice, clean room since I was stuck in there with my little sickie for a day and a half straight!
    Hi, I am sorry that your child was sick; but it sounds like you were able to enjoy at least one day. Hopefully, you will get to go back. Glad to hear about how much you liked the Candy Cane and that you were able to get treatment for your child being away from home. That is good to know about the doctor.

• Sock Puppet

The Candy Cane Inn is great, I loved it. I'd rather stay there than at the PPH or DLH.

• For You!

The Candy Cane is one of my favorite spots as well. My mom does a lot of school travel groups, and she always puts them there.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have made a reservation for December for the Candy Cane Inn, and I am looking forward to staying there again.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sorry to hear about your son getting ill during the trip, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and it sounds like a place I might look into staying at in the future! Thanks for sharing
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disney Geek

What is the average cost?

Quote Originally Posted by cticket View Post
    What is the average cost?
    The pricing below is from their website but I think there are specials out there for lower rates.
    Depending upon season and availability: (per night)
    Standard Room Rates range from $99 - 139.00
    Deluxe Room Rates range from $109 - 149.00
    Premium Room Rates range from $139 - 189.00

• Loving life!

Is there anyway to get a better rate than their on-line reservations?

• Sock Puppet

There is no way at all to get better rates than from their site (I've tried going to the travel booking sites, contacting travel agents, searching for discounts - nothing).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always call and make reservations over the phone. You can ask for a AAA discount. Then when you check in they will only charge you that rate. They will ask to see your AAA card. They also mentioned an AARP rate, which I have never used for a discount, but I have an AARP card.

• Don't mess with the duck!

We've been looking at the CCI and seeing Denise's photos, I think we're sold for our next trip. Thanks!

We made reservations to go again in June. Online, you can put DIS in the promo box and get the AAA, military or AARP rate. You do need to show the card at check-in as someone already mentioned. Our rate is $113.00 for a standard. You just can't beat the cleanliness of the rooms and the dedicated shuttle.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

• Nerd.

Thanks for posting those pictures! After reading the reviews here and on trip advisor, we are happy we chose this hotel for our stay this summer. Now if only time would fly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM