• Minion

Anabella or Carousel ?

Since these are the two hotels with the special offer to Micechatters I wondered if there were opinions on which one is better pick ?

I am going to be down first weekend in June and need a Sunday/Monday night hotel.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Anabella or Carousel ?

Of the two I really do prefer the Anabella. The grounds make it seem as though you are at a resort. The staff is great, the rooms fantastic. If you use the MiceChat code, check to see if they have any Concierge Level rooms available for the $99 rate.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Of the two I really do prefer the Anabella. The grounds make it seem as though you are at a resort. The staff is great, the rooms fantastic. If you use the MiceChat code, check to see if they have any Concierge Level rooms available for the $99 rate.
    I agree the Anabella does feel more like a resort. It is not as close to the Parks as the Carousel; it's serviced by the ART. I was also impressed with the Carousel and it is within walking distance to the Parks.

A few pics of the Anabella from our visit in February.

We have stayed at both and I do prefer the Anabella, but it depends on your needs.

Anabella:
    It has a beautiful grounds and a variety of room configurations. We got a kid's suite for the 99. rate that had a queen bed a room with bunk beds and another room with a daybed. The room service is wonderful and great after a full day in the park. It is a further walk but the timon tram is directly across the street. There are more amenities like a gym several pools and bellhops. However, there is also a daily resort fee of 10.

Carousel:
    This hotel is a closer walk but is a more basic hotel. There is a continental breakfast included. There is no parking fee. If there is a problem with your stay we have found it very difficult to find or speak with a manager. On our last stay I had put the kids down for a nap. put out the do not disturb sign and locked the door. Maintenance opened the door without knocking in order to change the toilet for a newer one. They woke up both children, and we were not told that renovations would be done to our room while we were staying in it. I immediately went to talk to the manager. I was told the manager was in a meeting and to try back later. For the next 3 days I tried at various times to speak to the manager. Upon returning home I called daily to speak to the manager. finally, a week after this occurred I got the manager on the phone.

Have a great trip!
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Hmm so what are the advantages to Concierge level ?

I checked on Expedia and can actually get Anabella for $ 82 a night there, though thats about the same as the MC rate.

I will be there only 2 nights so I wondered what I would get for the extra $ 15 or so
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Here is a link to the Concierge/Club Anabella page.

• Knight that says Nee!!

We have never stayed at the Anabella but have used the Carosel many times. We like the Carosel beause of its location. When we go to DL the hotel is nothing more than a place to sleep for us and so we don't need anything other than basic comforts and the Carosel provides that at a good price and is in easy walking distance from the front gates and has free parking. It has worked for us many times.

The pictures posted of the Anabella look great, I'll give it that, but since we spend very little time at the hotel when we go, the nice grounds aren't a big priority to us compared to close walking distance.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

What I liked about the walk to DL from the Anabella is the pathway that meanders alongside the west end of DCA. There is lush landscaping, a not so busy street next to you (as opposed to the loud hustle & bustle of Harbor Blvd.), and it is only a few minutes from the Grand Cal. It feels as though the moment you are across Katella, you are on property and the magic begins.

• Minion

I booked today 2 nights at the Anabella in what was called a Deluxe Room for $ 99 per night plus tax works out to $ 232 for the two nights.

Now is Deluxe just a nicer room or is this concierge ?

Or do I need to call back to make sure ? I am paying the $ 99 rate.