Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Californian

Not sure if I should be asking this here: but my girlfriend and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and we want to do something special. Its actually this month, but were thinking of staying at Grand Californian as soon as its cheap.

My boss was telling me how she stayed there a year ago for around $250 or so, so I'm wondering if anyone knows when the best time to stay at the Grand Californian is for less than $300. Thanks!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Grand Californian

250/nght? That was probably the month of January. If you're an AP holder, phone up the hotel directly and ask if they have any special AP rates to offer. A
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I reccomend calling your local travel agent like AAA, they can book you a room usually at a decent rate. Good luck.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I reccomend calling your local travel agent like AAA, they can book you a room usually at a decent rate. Good luck.
    You can call DL directly and ask for the AAA rate, AP Rate or CA Resident Rate. If any are available they will let you know.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Grand Cal isn't really ever cheap, but it is a great place to stay if you're celebrating something.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Honestly....is it worth paying the steep prices? I've never stayed at a Disney property and I've often wondered if it was TRULY worth it. I've stayed at nearby hotels that were fine, for 1/4 of the cost of a DL hotel. I love to spend money---don't get me wrong, I am just wondering if it's worth it at these hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAuryn View Post
    Not sure if I should be asking this here: but my girlfriend and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and we want to do something special. Its actually this month, but were thinking of staying at Grand Californian as soon as its cheap.

My boss was telling me how she stayed there a year ago for around $250 or so, so I'm wondering if anyone knows when the best time to stay at the Grand Californian is for less than $300. Thanks!
    AP rates are your best bet. I have never stayed at the GCH for more then $200 (before tax) a night. The best deal we got was last February $189 a night. So far we have used AP rates in February, May, Sept, November and early December. I know the current AP6 rate is good through May 31.

Even if you do not have the AP right now you can still book the room at that rate. You just have to have it when you check in.

I think it is a wonderful place to stay and worth the price especially for a special occasion.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

We stayed at DLH Dec '08 using a family member's AP rate. They had to meet us there when we checked in. It was a wonderful, memorable visit but unless you have the money to spare I think many other hotels are just as nice. I imagine the price is what you pay for the little "extras" or the magic. Unless we could get the discount I'm not sure we'd stay there again. Everyone should do it once .......... for the magic!
    DisneyBroad54

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAuryn View Post

Wow...I was going to ask something like this too. Wife and son and I were wanting to use our stimulus check to do something like this, but it would be in the summer - which is the higher rates.

If anyone has an 'in' for cheap, please let PrinceAuryn and I know...

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I just booked the GCH using a special offer from my Disney Visa which are run a couple of times a year. Just about half price.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I say spend all the time you can on the hotel grounds...especially the lobby, fireplace, Hearthstone lounge, etc. Then go sleep and shower at a cheaper hotel nearby, and put some of the money you've saved toward a nice dinner at the Napa Rose.

The rooms themselves, at least the ones I've gotten at discount rates, are nothing to write home about and the view is usually not of DCA but of the parking lot and the hotels across the street.

There's no doubt, though, the GCH is a beautiful representation of the whole "artisan" period.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I've never actually stayed there overnight but I have spent a lot of time in the lobby on the couches, at the bar, outside by the fireplace, and at the pool, and it is a GREAT hotel!!

My best score ever!

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I just booked the GCH using a special offer from my Disney Visa which are run a couple of times a year. Just about half price.
    What's the offer? I've got a Disney Visa but I don't see any hotel offer going at the moment.

I just booked at the Disneyland Hotel with an AP discount, the price was $159 per night.
    Last edited by wbarley; 07-31-2008 at 08:00 PM.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    I've never actually stayed there overnight but I have spent a lot of time in the lobby on the couches, at the bar, outside by the fireplace, and at the pool, and it is a GREAT hotel!!
    Isn't the pool for hotel guests only?

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Cool Re: Grand Californian

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    What's the offer? I've got a Disney Visa but I don't see any hotel offer going at the moment.

I just booked at the Disneyland Hotel with an AP discount, the price was $159 per night.
    Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I get my Disney Visa offers in the mail and sometimes thru an Email. Most are for WDW. When I saw one for DLand I booked that nite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast