• insufferable know-it-all

Near the crosswalk?

What are the hotels immediately adjacent to (eg: no more than 2 hotels away from) the crosswalk to the east esplanade?

I know HoJo's is well reviewed and pretty close but my bro has two very small kids and is stressing that he wants something immediately adjacent to the crosswalk. I'm racking my brain trying to remember the order of the hotels to figure out what's close. I'm thinking the Days Inn is right there by Denny's, isn't it? What's the one behind IHOP? Opinions on the best of the, say, 4 nearest?
    Last edited by Morrigoon; 05-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• no flash photography...

Re: Near the crosswalk?

troppicana, carousel, camelot, I think a best western.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This is a pretty good map type of thing of what motels are where:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

I stayed at the Park Vue in January and didn't have any problems, and its right straight across the street.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This is a pretty good map type of thing of what motels are where:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

I stayed at the Park Vue in January and didn't have any problems, and its right straight across the street.
    THAT was EXACTLY what my brother needs, thanks!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We always stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn (Mini Suites). The parking area empties directly into said crosswalk. The hotel is not great, but for the perks, we're cool with that.

Try that one out. Let me know if you want a fuller review.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    THAT was EXACTLY what my brother needs, thanks!
    You're very welcome! I'm a visual person, I like to "see" what people are talking about so I can put in my mind where things really are.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Will be staying at Best Western Park Place Inn next week -- decided to stay there after spending many hours researching rates & reviews.

As far as I could tell, it and the Park Vue are located at the crosswalk -- and they get favorable reviews.

Check out Google Maps Street View for that area, if you can -- excellent tool...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_nigel_c View Post
    Will be staying at Best Western Park Place Inn next week -- decided to stay there after spending many hours researching rates & reviews.

As far as I could tell, it and the Park Vue are located at the crosswalk -- and they get favorable reviews.

Check out Google Maps Street View for that area, if you can -- excellent tool...
    Nigel, we do always stay there. You'll like it, but I doubt you'll love it.

It is a bit crowded, but since we're never in our room--works perfectly. I'm also big on eating before I leave, so the microwave, fridge and coffeemakers are a godsend.

Peace and enjoy!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Park Vue also has a decent continental breakfast. I have stayed there -can't beat the location, and it was clean, good motel style. They have bunks in the family rooms. I got the cheapest deal on the hotel's website.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Interesting to note, if you measure the distance from the BWPPI and the Park Vue Inn (and a couple of others next to them), they are actually closer to the DLR Main Entrance Plaza than the Grand Californian. (Measuring from the Front Desk to the center "star" of the Main Entrance Plaza).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I've stayed at the BW Park Place Inn a few times, it's clean and the rooms have good space for storage(important with small kids!) The continental breakfast is lacking, but most of the motels over there are. There's a fridge and a microwave in the room and the sink is outside of the bathroom area. So one person can be getting ready while the other is in the shower. The staff there has always been great.

Next one over to the left(if your back is to DL) is Tropicana. Stayed there twice, it was clean, decent basic motel. Falls under "just a place to lie your head down"

Next to that is Carousel, I've stayed in the regular rooms and one of the round suites and I've seen the two room suite(Mamabot stayed in one) Staff was nice, rooms were very clean and you get a good view of the fireworks.

Next to that is Camelot Inn & Suites, very clean, great staff and huge suites.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Super Genius

Park Vue Inn is very expensive unless you book at least nine months in advance.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

I got a good internet deal for the Park Vue on short notice last year. I shopped around on Expedia, and found the best deal was on the hotel's own website. There may have been cheaper around, but not so close, or on a couple of weeks notice. I think we paid about $79 an night. I remember it was good value compared what else was available.

It was certainly very cheap compared to the Doubletree, where my husband stayed at a convention. And, it was close.

Maybe because I am from Australia, but I thought that the breakfast was fine. Free cereal, including porridge, fruit, toast , pastries and juice.

I have stayed at the Fairfield and I thought Park Vue was better value and closer to the park. I will concede that the pool did not look as nice as the Fairfield pool. But last year we left the children home, and it was April, so the pool was not important.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

We'll be staying at the Carousel so its good to hear that it is so close to the crosswalk. It was a great deal with our Thank You points! It will probably be quicker to walk than getting the little one's wheelchair loaded on the ART or the hotel shuttles. We always feel like we are holding everyone one up so this will be a welcome change. I also am happy to be close to Mimi's. We have a GC for a meal there. I was glad to hear good MiceChatter reviews!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Super Genius

How far in advance did you book the Park Vue? And what month was it? I tried to book a room for the last weekend in Sept and I got a quote in March, and even six months in advance they had the cheapest room was over $100.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.