• Leaping Into The Abyss

Ayers Hotel Anaheim

For years I've wanted to stay at the Ayers Hotel. This trip to Anaheim to visit my Mother and Disneyland I took the train. Since the Ayers was walking distance from the Anaheim Amtrak Station I decided it was a good time to stay there. Of course walking distance doesn't mean it's an easy walk, not well lighted at night. But less than $5 for a cab.
    The Ayers was very comfortable. Nice lobby although not extremely inviting. Roomy well lit inside hallways, I felt very safe. A large very clean room with nice furnishings. A frig, microwave, and coffee maker. (I hate non-dairy creamer and went downstairs to the dining room to get milk for my coffee before returning later for breakfast.) Good curtains to block out the light. The window opens a few inches for air. Overhead fan. The tub was very deep. The bed was really wonderful. Big and fluffy with a double sheeted down comforter. The pillows on the bed were not so great but there was a down/feather pillow in the closet that was just right.
    Breakfast included was good. Lots of choices of cereals, fruit, baked goods, teas, juices, milk for my coffee, and of course freshly cooked scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon or sausage on alternate mornings. I think they also had pancakes.
    I stayed here when I arrived then went to a different hotel near my Mom's and went back to the Ayers before I left. The fist night I was on the street side with an unappealing view. I liked the freeway side better, no noise with the window shut and a much prettier view of the landscaped hillside the freeway is on.
    I didn't use the pool. It didn't seem special in any way. I didn't really go look.
    The ART bus goes to Ayers and the Orange County bus is close by. I didn't rent a car. It's a great location for the Angels stadium and some other venues in that area. Lots of restaurants close by.
    I'd stay again, but mostly because of the bed.
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Ayers Hotel Anaheim

Thanks for the review!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Re: Ayers Hotel Anaheim

I got the Anaheim mixed up with the Orange and booked the wrong one. They are not far from eachother. The Anaheim version sounds nicer.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL