Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Blue Bayou: so bad for vegetarians

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I'm vegetarian, and I'm disgusted with the place, too. I used to be able to order the interesting Mardi Gras Salad, but now all the restaurant serves is a wedge of iceberg lettuce. And, the location, as well as most others in Disneyland, has never offered any vegetarian protein. Disney should be ashamed of itself for providing such poor customer service.
    Do you mean soy protein or something else? I know they do serve veggie burgers at several DL locations including Hungry Bear. Sorry if you meant something else. I'm veg too and wish they offered more but I guess I'm used to it.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkmomma View Post
    So I guess the church considers fish separate from the meat category.
    yes, fish is meat, but by requiring to eat fish on fridays the church was helping out the fishing industry back in the day....it's just a tradition that stuck.

The blue bayou no longer had a menu that interest me.

• Banned User

I've not returned to Blue Bayou since the POTC refurb. I've heard it's not that great, and, for the money---I will get a monte cristo at Cafe Orleans and the pommes frites are awesome!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Yeah, the wedgey salad is a disappointment, as well as the lack of lunch meal choices, and although they do offer you a choice of cup of soup, which is usually just gumbo) or the wedgey salad, and 2 of 3 sides. Really it ends up being what one item DON'T you want on your plate. None of the sides go good with the Monte Cristo, either. Oh, and normally the wedgey salad comes with a little bit of sausage on the plate ~ really a bizarre, lazy way to serve a salad. And instead of a basket of rolls, they ask if you want one and use tongs to place one on your plate ~ good luck getting a 2nd one, rather ridiculous to have to ask for another one.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Pirates are carnivorus and Blue Bayou reflects that. Try the vegetable and fruit sections of the buffet at the Grand Californian's Napa Rose. aahhrrr!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkmomma View Post
    Catholics have a thing called Lent and not eating meat on Fridays is a big part of it.
    Well the thing is, most serve fish on these Fridays! So I guess the church considers fish separate from the meat category.
    Well, according to the Bible bats are considered birds as well. Meat is the consumable flesh of an animal. I had a friend who claimed she didn't eat meat, but would eat chicken and fish because they weren't meat to her.

• Banned User

When I worked at the Bayou (long time ago) you were able to request a special vegetarian meal as well as a Kosher meal. I think you were supposed to call ahead, and make a reservation and order your special selection.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Well, according to the Bible bats are considered birds as well. Meat is the consumable flesh of an animal. I had a friend who claimed she didn't eat meat, but would eat chicken and fish because they weren't meat to her.
    Well, not sure about the bats comment but I was curious... which version of the Bible are we talking about... since it has been rewritten A LOT over the past millennium and change. Personally I am not a fan of religion as a whole. Raised Catholic, but do not practice. My apologies to the TS I do not mean to stray farther off topic.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I'm with Wreckless Abandon, the Vineyard Room is the hot ticket, good food, and you can watch the parade go by as you dine. And you can drink wine, if so inclined.

• That Guy

A better Name for this thread would be, 'Blue Bayou- So bad'

The food really is sub-par. I agree it has great atmosphere but I guarentee if you got that food at a real spot, most people would not be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedisney33 View Post
    i dont agree. ill eat fish, but not meat, and i feel i have a great selection to choose from.

vegetarians dont eat fish.

Quote Originally Posted by digriz View Post
    vegetarians dont eat fish.
    It really depends on what "Type" of vegetarian you are. There are super strict vegan types (nothin made of or from animals or their byproducts), flexitarian (generally no meat, but will ocassionally wil indulge), and the one most people think of when they hear "vegetarian", lacto-ovo-vegetarian (no meat, but will have eggs or milk). There are a few other types.

The type you've quoted would actually be qualified as a pescatarian, one who doesn't eat meat, but does eat fish.

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    Any suggestions for vegetarian restaurants in the DLR area? We already know there's not much to eat at the parks, but are happy to venture outside if we have some good recommendations.
    It's only about 50/50 vegetarian dishes/non-veggie, and I've never been there myself, but I have some veggie friends who swear by Rutabegorz in Fullerton, just off of Harbor.

http://www.rutabegorz.com/

And typing "anaheim vegetarian restaurant" into Google maps gave me a list of other places that sound promising that you want to check out.

And I've never been able to figure out iceberg wedge salads. What's supposed to be the point of them, and how are you supposed to eat it? Do you tear it apart and toss it yourself, or are you supposed to cut it up and eat it in chunks? It always feels like the chef plunked a chunk of lettuce on a plate and said, "Here, toss your own dang salad, I quit!" before storming out. Um... thank you?

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

I'm not a vegetarian but am not a fan of their food. I go though, fot the environment! it's awesome!

and they lived happily ever after

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sorry to hear of your tasteless food experience!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast