I just wanted to share with you a bad experience I had last time I ate
at Disneyland's Blue Bayou.
It all happened during a wonderful 10-day vacation my partner and I had last May.
We regularly visit Disneyland Paris and, since we love
to try different foods, everytime our budget allows for
it, we eat at a table-service restaurant like Walt's or Blue
Lagoon. We are both vegetarian but we never felt like we had no
choice at the table-service restaurants of Disneyland Paris: there's always at least one (sometimes two) dishes to choose for each course and they all proved to be tasty and worth the money spent.
Before visiting Disneyland I asked some friends of mine (and some internet forums) about a special place at Disneyland to have my birthday dinner at Disneyland and many suggested the Blue Bayou, comparing it to the Blue Lagoon. Unfortunately, besides the theming, things couldn't be more different and, I'm sorry to say bad for the Blue Bayou. Here's what happened:
* there was NO choice at all for vegetarians! Among 14 dishes there was just 1 suitable for vegetarians (Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux). In Paris all table service restaurant offer vegetarian choices;
* The food was less than adequate. It was cold, half uncooked, and
worst of all, sadly tasteless.
* That said, the price was outrageous: we're quite used to spend
some money when chosing restaurants like this, but the comparison with "real" restaurants was simply unacceptable.
* The waiters: everybody there was really nice with us.
* The ambiance: of course it was fantastic. Unfortunately, the dim lights didn't help our food taste better
I know that this complaints doesn't apply to a wide audience: if I wasn't vegetarian, I'd had much more options to choose from. That said, I think it's unacceptable for a restaurant known to be the best of the park to force some of its guests to face a 1 item menu or leave and pay a huge amount of money for it.
If you're vegetarian and are looking for a nice place to eat (as Walt's or
Blue Lagoon are), don't go to Blue Bayou. Try instead Café Orleans: the
food is much cheaper, much less pretentious, there are more than 2 dishes to choose and they're much more tasty!
BTW, when I'll have some more time, I'll post a full trip report with lots of pictures, of the Blue Bayou too!